Any female vocalists???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any female vocalists???

Given that there seems to be a new wave of collaborations and the like: are there any female vocalists around here that would be keen to lay down vocal tracks for three songs that I'd like to cover (for old times sake really)???

Re: Any female vocalists???

I use online session musicians all the time. That’s probably the best place to look.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Get out to some open mics and open jams. Or if there is a college nearby, they might have a music program. Go out and see some female-fronted bands in your area. You will meet the right person.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Vocal teachers are a good resource for sessions/tracks. They are professional and try to nail things quickly and move on, not turn your project into “a stepping stone for their own career.”

Comment

Hello.

Thanks for all the input and advice.

I was kinda hoping to be able to do it on much the same basis as our current online collaborations though really. And it's really not for any other reason than, as noted, old times sake I guess, as well as my own betterment and experience, so paying a professional online session musician is not something I could justify really. And due to personal circumstances: I cannot really venture out from home (studio) for any extended periods of time.

Let's see. Maybe there's one or two lurking around that would be interested. No rush on this obviously. I've not even completed the backing tracks themselves as yet. But I think I'll post the three tracks anyway and see if I get any takers???

But thanks again everyone. Much appreciated.

Comment

First one...

Saraya - Love Has Taken Its Toll...

Attempted to cover this, with my first and only band, very late '80's / early '90's, but couldn't find a vocalist at the time (well: couldn't find a vocalist at the time that didn't want to make me run screaming into traffic or that was dedicated enough to at least try).

Comment

Second one...

Femme Fatale - Waiting For The Big One...

This died the same horrible death as the first one.........
              Last edited by dpaterson; 02-25-2019, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Third one...

Heart (but THIS version by Alice In Chains and Gretchen Wilson) - Barracuda...

Comment

Oh and for the sake of interest:

Only discovered this yesterday much to my surprise. Lorraine Lewis (Femme Fatale) in later years. But spot the guitarist on the right??? None other than Ms. Nita Strauss. Now THIS is a performance by a female lead guitarist that I can get my head around (this in reference to some or the other post of mine on the subject somewhere around these parts)!!! LOL!!!

Last edited by dpaterson; 02-25-2019, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Man are you sure your wife can't track you down?

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
                      Man are you sure your wife can't track you down?
                      I don't have one of those thank fu*k!!! LOL!!! Been there, done that, got the t-shirt(s)!!! LOL!!! They (both) played their cards wrong i.e. got sick of Dio!!! LOL!!! That's a "vow breaker" right there for me!!! LOL!!!
                      Last edited by dpaterson; 02-25-2019, 02:38 AM.

Comment

she's got it!!!

Comment

^^^ nice surname lol

Comment

She’s great. Wonderful. Talented. Dedicated. Seems like a nice person. Not too shabby looking. But how is this helping me??? LOL!!!

If you’re possibly suggesting that she could cover the three songs then I’m afraid to say that I respectfully disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
                              She’s great. Wonderful. Talented. Dedicated. Seems like a nice person. Not too shabby looking. But how is this helping me??? LOL!!!

If you’re possibly suggesting that she could cover the three songs then I’m afraid to say that I respectfully disagree.
                              Hey man...seems like she has covered a lot of stuff...including a metal version of Sultans of Swing...you got a bar to high for her or what???

Comment

Working...
                              X