Headphones recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphones recommendations?

What over ear headphones do you recommend in the 50-$100 range that come with a 1/4" plug or that come with an 1/8" plug and a solid 1/4" adapter? Ear buds are my favorite but I have to constantly fiddle with the connection in the adapter to use them with my interface, guitar amp, or drum module. Thx
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Re: Headphones recommendations?

Why not just buy an adapter?
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I like Sony MDR-7506s. They're very tough, it's easy to get replacement parts for 'em, and they sound good. I've been using my pair for about 20 years now. They come with a 1/8th to 1/4 inch adapter . . . but I wouldn't buy 'em just for that adapter. :P
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
        Why not just buy an adapter?
        I've bought 3 of them and I have to fiddle with the connection to get it to work properly. A pain when I'm trying to play and record and stuff.
        I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          I like Sony MDR-7506s. They're very tough, it's easy to get replacement parts for 'em, and they sound good. I've been using my pair for about 20 years now. They come with a 1/8th to 1/4 inch adapter . . . but I wouldn't buy 'em just for that adapter. :P
          Looks like what I need. Good sound, over ear, 10ft cable, adapter.

I got em! I'm on a buying spree today! It's gonna be fun playing my instruments when my HEADPHONES WORK RIGHT!!!
          Last edited by Clint 55; 12-27-2019, 10:10 PM.
          I bought them for you

Comment

Headphones sound terrif, thx.

I bought them for you

Comment

Not sure if they're an industry standard, but a lotta folks like Sony's MDR-7506s. :P
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Studio monitors!
                I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                  Not sure if they're an industry standard, but a lotta folks like Sony's MDR-7506s. :P
                  They are a standard, and they're quite good for the price. In fact my only complaint is that they don't have a detachable cable.
                  Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                  And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
                  X