I was getting some weird cab noise open her up and found this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was getting some weird cab noise open her up and found this

It was weird I would only hear the noise with clean settings and only with frequencies below 440. Step on the overdrive and the noise would go away. In years of owning the amp, I never had a problem until I had to crank it at live volumes clean.

Re: I was getting some weird cab noise open her up and found this

Found what? The flashlight?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

That's epic! At least it's an easy fix ha ha.
      Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Like the mechanic who leaves a wrench inside the engine block! HAHA!

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          It was weird I would only hear the noise with clean settings and only with frequencies below 440. Step on the overdrive and the noise would go away. In years of owning the amp, I never had a problem until I had to crank it at live volumes clean.

Haha. too funny -thats a big flashlight too

While your in there, tin the spade lugs and put some tie mounts down to secure the conductors between the speakers onto the blocking -the sight of all that loose stuff gives me heartburn.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
            Haha. too funny -thats a big flashlight too, While your in there, tin the spade lugs and put some tie mounts down to secure the conductors between the speakers onto the blocking -the sight of all that loose stuff gives me heartburn.
            Yep, I still have the cab open. I am going to get some insulation at HomeDepot on Saturday to put in there among other things that need to be done in there. I am also thinking about putting my G12Hs in the cab.

Comment

Just put 2 in it.
              Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Yep, I still have the cab open. I am going to get some insulation at HomeDepot on Saturday to put in there among other things that need to be done in there. I am also thinking about putting my G12Hs in the cab.

H*ll YES!
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I was getting some weird cab noise open her up and found this

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
                  Just put 2 in it.
                  This is what I’d do too.
                  The 12T-75 get a somewhat bad rap on the web but I have no issues with them. They are slightly scooped and handle low end well. Probably perfectly suited to match your 12H’s.

Comment

Hey man....take that flashlight after all these years may screw up all you other tones you got locked in...bag the clean keep the flashlight....

Comment

Originally posted by justFred View Post
                      Hey man....take that flashlight after all these years may screw up all you other tones you got locked in...bag the clean keep the flashlight....
                      Also check to see what tonewood the flashlight is constructed from.

Comment

The tonez are in the flashlight.

Comment

The cab did sound a bit...bright

Comment

Let me know if you find my tape measure in there.

Comment

The cab did sound a bit...bright
                              Damn, well I'm glad opening the back of the cab out illuminated the situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X