This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Good Trader Alert

Great transaction with LtKojak. Fast, smooth and in great atmosphere!
    Gibson SG Standard with Seth Lover neck/bridge hybrid with A3 in neck & Brobucker with A3 in bridge
    -> Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 -> Reaper -> Helix Native -> Celestion IRs -> Yamaha HPH-MT8

Less is more

Comment

Great trade with Jolly_Rancher. Highly recommended

Comment

Well...better late than tone deaf!

Had a pleasant deal ( SD Custom)with TSE sometime in January. Thanks bro!

Comment

reached out to Checo on an old speaker sale he listed a long time ago; he immediately pried it out of the grip of a dude that was going to buy it but didn't and dropped it in the mail. fast, great price, and well-packed.

Comment

Dankstar was great to deal with and very cool!!!! Hope to deal with you again!!!! Props!!!!!
            Good deals with Fusion1, Mig50, Meggo, hamerfan, Booldrose, JOLLY, Ignoramus, BELLEZA, BPSUL, bluesbend, DracoAran, brunigio, Ed Hunter, Andrew Lemprecht, Shauggy, atreidesheir, Killsocket, rawkabilly, DesertRat, slaveunit, Clapton is God, metlking, Heartfeltmusic2010, ErikH, SAVAGE DISTORTION, Punkkitty, Dankstar, lexx9, Mr 9finger, loversmoon, BachToRock, Kingdon Guitarworks, Chrismo, Ascension, IndySG, ex-250, guitarglynn, Mononoaware, chickencoop, daan, t1r12003, Demina, Trevorus and more.

Comment

UPDATE: The bridge pickup was DOA, and I'm awaiting his response other than to try and fix it. I am asking for a $25 refund (1/3 of the price I paid for the set) or I'll take the bridge pickup from his 2nd set of strat pickups which I didn't really want because it's not the same type of pickup.

UberMetalDood sold me a set of American Std strat pickups, and I just received them. Packing was not well done, communication was right on, and I ohm'd them out.
              Last edited by Jolly_Rancher; 02-10-2013, 10:07 PM. Reason: one of the pickups arrived dead

Comment

guitarfreak and I traded pedals. My older whammy for an older 535q wah. All is good.

Comment

Originally posted by UberMetalDood
                  JollyRancher lied. He claims the packaging was not well done; however, they were neatly packaged with bubble wrap and then packing peanuts and placed securely in an appropriate size box. He acts like they were shipped loose in newspaper or something, but they were professionally packaged. Unfortunately, he said that he threw away the box after sending me a PM that said he was satisfied with the pickups and would leave good feedback. He has no photo evidence to support his claim.

My theory on what happened was he removed them from the package, carelessly discarded it, and tinkered with the pickups - checking resistances and apparently installing them in his guitar.

He obviously inspected the pickups carefully and was satisfied with the condition before making his claim. I was perfectly willing to accommodate him with a shipping claim but he responded with a ridiculous accusation and destroyed all of the evidence. I did what I could and now he has to face the consequences of his own actions.
                  WTF? Are you crazy, bro? I guess installing pickups is frowned upon here... LOL I already ordered a replacement SSL-3 so stop making yourself look bad. I'll see what paypal will do since you aren't capable of helping.

Comment

By the way, I didn't mention how poorly you unsoldered the pickups. The insulation was burnt, melted and just plain ugly. I could tell just from the way you unsoldered them you need to learn a few things. Sounds like you have had problems like this in the past, so it's the first time you messed up shipping is it? I'm asking you.

Comment

Sure I was wrong for having faith in humanity and inexperienced with filing shipping claims, but you're the one grasping at straws and being difficult. I'm moving on with a new SSL-3 and done with you, so please save your ******* comments for the next poor sucker to buy from you.

And for the record, you did not individually wrap each pickup. Two of the pickups are installed and work fine so it's all good.

Comment

Shadow1psc, Mononoaware, guitarfeak, IndySG, and heem6

just paid for my girlfriend's Valentine's Day present:

Thanks guys!

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                        @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by UberMetalDood
                          Hey man I was more than willing to help you but you wanted to make it ugly before it even started. It's not about a shipping claim. It's about you first claiming the pickups were all good and then flip-flopping, and when I tried to get you some money back, you make a ridiculous and insulting accusation that was totally uncalled for. I'm still willing to help you out if you apologize for your accusations and delete all of the lies you posted. Never at any point before you started all of this crap was I not willing to resolve the problem. You take clean up your side and I'll make sure you get the pickup taken care of.
                          The bridge pickup ohms out but the connection is dead. It's because the gap where the strand cracked is so tiny right at the solder joint/lead. Either way I'd like to apologize for the accusation that you would commit a fraudulent claim. I also had no idea I should keep the box, so sorry I can't help you with the claim. No matter your current feelings on the issue I apologize for any wrongs on my part - my imagination got the best of me. I'm willing to delete stuff, after I get the money I asked for. It especially pissed me off after I sent you extra $ so it would be shipped with the utmost care. That was going beyond what was asked of me.
                          Last edited by Jolly_Rancher; 02-11-2013, 11:11 PM.

Comment

can you guys delete the negativity from the "good trader" thread, and keep it strictly on the "bad trader" thread where it belongs? otherwise, what's the point of having separate threads?
                            Last edited by rumblebox; 02-12-2013, 09:42 AM.
                            Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

Why is all this drama in the good trader thread? Take it to PM, we get the point.

Comment

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot View Post
                                Why is all this drama in the good trader thread? Take it to PM, we get the point.
                                I realize you're speaking rhetorically, but it's probably because SOMEONE PASTED A GOOD NUMBER OF PM'S ON THE FORUM... :-P

Comment

Working...
                                X