Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many guitars do you own?

Waaaaay too many.

I got into the building bug being left handed. I've never played a Jaguar....ok I'll build one to see what they're like. How about an electric 12 string.....yep, I'll do one as well....etc, etc.

The recent projects: Given Tool's recent release I'm doing a late 70's silverburst custom, along with a sort of Jazzmaster shaped HH guitar with a vintage strat trem.

Comment

One more than I can keep on my guitar rack, about 4 or so more than I get to play.
      Still, I like all of them, they all mean something to me and thankfully I have been blessed not to need the space or the funds, and so here they stay, 'till the next time...

At one point I did try to scale down, only to get my newest no.1-ish in the even trade (did pay a bunch of money to get her up to snuff however...).
      Haven't bothered since...
      Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
      I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
      Originally posted by That90'sGuy
      Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Six, three of which get played regularly.

An Ibanez GIO that was my first guitar, and I only still have it because getting it in sellable shape wouldn't be worth the money I'd get from selling it. I'm hoping one of my younger relatives takes up guitar so I can just give it to one of them.

An electric 12-string that my dad built that I never play, but I'd never sell, because who the hell would sell a guitar that their dad built?

A Jackson KE-3 that's something of a work-in-progress. It was my main guitar for years, right now I've got several upgrades I plan on hitting it with. It is my only guitar with a trem...

A Kiesel Ultra V. I keep it in B standard tuning, and it's my #1 player.

A PRS SE 277. Also kept in B generally, when I do need to tune below B, it's my go to. I mainly like it to have another texture to complement the Ultra V on recordings, the long scale-length gives it a different attack.

A BC Rich USA Custom Shop Beast. This is my standard tuning guitar.

Comment

Selling our house coincided with me flipping almost my entire collection. I did a bunch of two and three for one to trade up, and wound up whittling them down. I was in the getting-rid-of-stuff mindset, and figured with the impending move, I wouldn’t have much time for projects.

Two Korean PRSs, an S2 Standard, an Ibanez 7 string, plus the vintage Gibbies are my only electrics now. Also have a cheap acoustic, a nice mandolin, and an Ibanez Mikro bass. Also gained were another amplifier and a stack of pedals.

The three PRSs are the only ones that get played.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I have 1 acoustic, 3 WIP electrics, 3 working electrics, and 1 bass guitar.

The acoustic and 2 of the electrics get played regularly. The other electric is a backup and the bass is for recording since I hate simulated instruments.
            Last edited by GreatOz; 10-17-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I suppose I should go into detail (oh boy)
              Schecter Synyster Gates, Made in Korea, 25.5 inch scale length, 14 inch fretboard radius, Mahogany Body, Mahogany 3pc Set Neck, Ebony Board, 24 Nickel Silver Frets with the Stock Seymour Duncan Invader pickups and Floyd 1000 Bridge, used purely for E Standard.

Ibanez SZ320, Made in Korea, 25 inch scale length , 12 inch fretboard radius, Mahogany body, Maple Set Neck, Rosewood Board, 22 nickel silver frets but will soon have stainless steel, currently has Stock Duncan/Ibanez Pickups but will soon have Dimarzio Dominions, Gibraltar Standard III fixed Bridge, Used for Drop D.

Daemoness Atlantean, Made in Bristol in the UK, 25.5 inch scale length, unknown Fretboard Radius, Ash body with Walnut Center layer and Burl Maple Top, Flamed Maple 3pc Set Neck, Ebony fretboard, 24 nickel silver frets soon to be stainless steel, currently has Bareknuckles of unknown origin in it but will soon have Seymour Duncan Black Winters in it, Schaller Floyd Rose, Used for D Standard

USA Jackson WR1 Warrior, Made in Ontario USA, 25.5 inch scale length, 12-16 inch compound fretboard radius, Alder Body, Maple Neck Through, Ebony Fretboard, 24 nickel silver frets soon to be stainless steel, currently has EMG 81/85 but will soon have Dimarzio X2N/Liquifire, Original Floyd Rose, Used for D Standard

ESP LTD EC-1000 FR, Made in Korea, 24.75 inch scale length, 14 inch fretboard radius, mahogany body, mahogany set neck, Ebony fretboard, 24 nickel silver frets soon to be stainless steel, EMG JH Het Set, Floyd Rose 1000 Bridge, Used for D Standard

Aristides 060 FR, Made in Haarlem in the Netherlands, 25.5 inch scale length, 12-16 inch compound fretboard radius, one piece moulded Arium neck and body, richlite fretboard, 24 stainless steel frets, Bareknuckle Aristides Custom Pickups, Original Floyd Rose Bridge, Used for D Standard.

PRS SE Holcomb, Made in Korea, 25.5 Inch Scale Length, 20 inch fretboard radius, mahogany body, mahogany set neck, Ebony fretboard, 24 nickel silver frets but will soon have stainless steel, Stock Seymour Duncan Alpha/Omega Pickups, PRS OEM Hardtail Bridge, Used for Drop C

Ibanez RGIT20FE-SBF, Made in Indonesia, 25.5 inch scale length, 16 inch fretboard radius, ash body, Maple/Walnut Neck Through, Ebony Fretboard, 24 nickel silver frets but will soon have stainless steel, Currently has Seymour Duncan Mick Thomson/Jeff Loomis Blackouts but will soon have Fishman Killswitch Engage Fluence pickups, Gibraltar standard II Fixed Bridge, Used for Drop C

Jericho Elite 6 Baritone Evertune, Made in Korea, 27 inch scale length, 17 inch fretboard radius, Ash Body, Maple set neck, Ebony fretboard, 24 stainless steel frets, Dimarzio Titan pickups, Evertune Bridge, Used for B standard

Ibanez MMM1, made in Korea, 28 inch scale length, 12 inch fretboard radius, Mahogany Body, Mahogany/Purpleheart neck through, rosewood fretboard, 22 nickel silver frets but soon to be stainless steel, currently has Seymour Duncan Blackouts but will soon have the unknown Bareknuckles from the Daemoness, Gibraltar Custom Bridge, Used for Drop A

Then I have a Yamaha ERG121 (made in China) which I never play but keep because it was my first electric guitar and then a no name 3/4 nylon string classical guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Guitars:
              Daemoness Atlantean (unknown Bareknuckles) D
              PRS SE Mark Holcomb (Alpha/Omega set) Drop C
              ESP LTD EC-1000 FR (EMG Het Set) D
              Jackson USA WR1 Absinthe Frost (EMG 81/85) D
              Ibanez MMM1 (Blackouts) Drop A
              Ibanez RGIT20FE-SBF (Loomis Blackout Neck/Mick Thomson Blackout Bridge) Drop C
              Ibanez SZ320 (ibanez/duncan pickups) Drop D
              Schecter Synyster Gates Custom (Invaders set) D
              Aristides 060 (Bareknuckle Aristides Customs) D

Comment

4 acoustics, 12 electrics, and a mandolin.

CLEARLY not anywhere near enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by The Commodores?
                "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

6 Carvin Kiesels, 5 Washburn USA's and a PRS Custom 24 in electrics plus a Taylor AE110 and a Ibanez nylon in acoustics. 14 total. All get played at times but the Carvin Kiesels are the main regular players.
                  Guitars
                  Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                  Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Now all members have this thread as justification to their wives /SOs, whenever it may be needed:

"Look honey, everyone has at least 5 guitars."
                    Last edited by AniML; 10-17-2019, 06:52 PM.

Comment

9 electrics including 1 WiP, 2 acoustics, and a bass.
                      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Too dang many.

Comment

Well, as a pro guitarist, I own a lot less than most pros I know:
                          7 electrics, 3 acoustics.

I am not really a collector, and I tend to not have any use for the 'I need a Tele, and an LP, and a Strat' mentality. I just get what I know I will continually pick up and play.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Oh boy. Almost 40?

Most are kept in different tunings or configurations. None of them are stock except the 2 PRS Mccarty 594’s.

Comment

Originally posted by AniML View Post
                              Now all members have this thread as justification to their wives /SOs, whenever it may be needed:

"Look honey, everyone has at least 5 guitars."
                              Except me. I have three electrics and would be just as happy with two.
                              I would not mind a nice acoustic, but just one would be plenty.

Comment

4 basses
                                2 acoustics
                                9 electrics

Comment

Working...
                                X