Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have some sympathy

For the Devil that is!

I've been hard at work mixing the recorded audio from my January show and then editing the videos from the footage we had shot. I did a multi-track setup using a Zoom R16 and an R24. Slaved together that gave me 16 independent inputs/tracks to work with. Using Cubase 7 to do the mixing/production work.

I had two photographers and four cameras. I'm syncing up the audio that I mix down from Cubase and then editing the cams all together to appear as though it was live switched. This process has taken me dozens of hours already.

Also I'm playing the white Tele in the video.

-
    My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Re: Have some sympathy

Nice.
    Playing is the easy part of it all isn't it.

Comment

Dude!!!

As somebody who has been working with video (off and on) for many years (and love it ALMOST as much as guitars): this is impressive!!! Well done to you!!! Yeh. It's a lot of work huh!!! But WELL worth the effort.

And I'll tell you: those camera angles etc. are superior to a LOT of PROFESSIONAL stuff I've seen of BIG names. Nothing more annoying than HEARING a guitar solo while the cameraman is fixated on the drummer!!!

Lighting and colors are good too considering i.e. not easy to get rich color that's not blown out to a degree (at least not on prosumer type video gear). Could be a bit sharper but then again I don't know how it's been compressed (and YouTube does it's own thing anyway) (although I did download the 1080p file to view it on my monitors as YouTube was giving me some horrible compression artifacts i.e. blockiness).

Cuts are great. Audio is good.

Will for sure be keeping an eye out for the next one I'll tell ya!!!

Well done.

Now if you'll just help me convince my mates on the "Hearing Aid" (LOL!!!) (supposed to be "Hear 'n Aid") thread that we should be making a VIDEO and not just another audio track.........

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
        Dude!!!

As somebody who has been working with video (off and on) for many years (and love it ALMOST as much as guitars): this is impressive!!! Well done to you!!! Yeh. It's a lot of work huh!!! But WELL worth the effort.

And I'll tell you: those camera angles etc. are superior to a LOT of PROFESSIONAL stuff I've seen of BIG names. Nothing more annoying than HEARING a guitar solo while the cameraman is fixated on the drummer!!!

Lighting and colors are good too considering i.e. not easy to get rich color that's not blown out to a degree (at least not on prosumer type video gear). Could be a bit sharper but then again I don't know how it's been compressed (and YouTube does it's own thing anyway) (although I did download the 1080p file to view it on my monitors as YouTube was giving me some horrible compression artifacts i.e. blockiness).

Cuts are great. Audio is good.

Will for sure be keeping an eye out for the next one I'll tell ya!!!

Well done.

Now if you'll just help me convince my mates on the "Hearing Aid" (LOL!!!) (supposed to be "Hear 'n Aid") thread that we should be making a VIDEO and not just another audio track.........
        Thanks so much man!

The shooter doing the handheld is definitely a local professional. He's a good buddy of mine but photography/video is actually his primary business (it's not a side gig for him). He's a very talented photographer. I love his eye for framing and use of depth of field. All their cams are pro level stuff too. The only exception is the "drum cam". That's my camcorder. I just threw it on a tripod back there and it's a cool shot to add in a quick cut of every now and then.

The reason the wide angle shot might look a bit fuzzy is I had to artificially push in on it a bit in post. The angle is a bit wide and due to bad weather the crowd was not full enough in front to make it look good on that shot being so wide.

I myself have tv broadcast training and experience. So doing the editing myself us a way to help keep the budget cost of the project down.

I really appreciate your comments! Made my day!
        -
        My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Looks like a great and fun time, man. Video looks really professional, too.

Comment

Working...
          X