Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hagstrom UltraSwede upgrade! Halp

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    Hagstrom? Agressive? Black Winters, naturally....
    Ahah I know, they were my first choice. I wanted an aggressive but clear distortion bridge tone for chords. From what I’ve listened to, Mayhem seems to be less strictly into metal, a bit more versatile... am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by giulioskij View Post
      I liked much the 59’s crystal clean tones as well as the sweet distortion lead ones. However I can’t buy the Mayhem set and the 59 neck toghether... I hoped they sold the Mayhem bridge separately but I think I’ll like the Mayhem neck as well in the end...
      The 'Mayhem Set' is just an SH6 Distortion Bridge and an SH6 Distortion Neck sold as a pair. You can buy them separately / individually . 'Mayhem' is just what they called the set when sold together. You can even find the SH6 Distortion bridge with an SH1 59 neck or other neck pickups sold together like they are here

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by chris effect; 04-21-2019, 01:52 PM.
      "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Comment

Ahah I know, they were my first choice. I wanted an aggressive but clear distortion bridge tone for chords. From what I’ve listened to, Mayhem seems to be less strictly into metal, a bit more versatile... am I wrong?
        I think the masses would say you have that backwards: distortion is purely metal, Black Winter is the more flexible version of them.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by chris effect View Post
          The 'Mayhem Set' is just an SH6 Distortion Bridge and an SH6 Distortion Neck sold as a pair. You can buy them separately / individually . 'Mayhem' is just what they called the set when sold together. You can even find the SH6 Distortion bridge with an SH1 59 neck or other neck pickups sold together like they are here

Ok, I don’t know if it’s that I’m completely unaware of this world of humbuckers or that I’m more stupid than I thought. Now it definitely makes sense. Thank you very much, you saved the day lol

Comment

Originally posted by chris effect View Post

I just realised that the black winter comes as single bridge pickup as well! One never stops learning...

...aaaaand maybe I’d go for it. I guess I’d have some more original and heavy sounds with it (than with the distortion), right??

Comment

I just realised that the black winter comes as single bridge pickup as well! One never stops learning...

...aaaaand maybe I’d go for it. I guess I’d have some more original and heavy sounds with it (than with the distortion), right??
              I don't know about heavier. They're just kinda different. The output seems about the same. IMO the black winters definitely have more clarity and note definition / string separation.

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Comment

Working...
              X