banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ordered pedals from the Russian Federation on eBay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ordered pedals from the Russian Federation on eBay?

Anyone ordered pedals off eBay from the Russian Federation?

Were there extra fees? Shipping take forever?
    Last edited by DankStar; 05-22-2020, 07:53 PM.

Re: Anyone ordered pedals from the Russian Federation on eBay?

Well.....does your country charge import fees/tariffs??

Are there any situations going on in Russia at the moment (or the world) that might put a extra strain on the postal/delivery service.

Comment

1. I have no idea, perhaps I could research that.
      2. I meant pre-pandemic, unless someone just ordered in the last month or so.
      3. It would be great to hear from someone that has actually ordered.
      Last edited by DankStar; 05-22-2020, 07:50 PM.

Comment

I ordered my AMT Stonehead amp & a couple of other pedals from ebay (Russian seller's)..plus I've bought other stuff (parts, CD's). Never had a problem with anything from there but then I'm not in the US...so no idea if that helps
        "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
        If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

My only experience with extra fees (customs) from Russia was when my parents sent me my old MIM strat over to Germany. Funny story, actually. They didn't declare the price (they didn't know), so it arrived at my local customs office. So I went there.

The officer handed over my package and asked me to open it so they could examine it and determine the price. Well, it was easier said than done cause my father, the genius of international shipping, made a wooden case for my strat. Luckily, the officer found a ripping bar somewhere. The next revelation was that my father used screws instead of nails for extra fun. So I spent some 15 minutes banging the **** outta this damn thing.

Then they asked me how much it costs. Well, I said, a new thing probably €600 but mine is old so it might be worth €400-450. So we agreed on under €500 and I paid €70-80 extra fee (don't remember exactly).

That's my $0.02
          Last edited by BleedingFingertips; 05-23-2020, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Beautiful story...

Comment

I ordered several black and green Big Muff original parts (LED, knobs etc) from a guy in Moscow I found online last year who used to sell guitar stuff during the USSR days -parts the EHX can't get in stock anymore (trust me I emailed, I called and begged). It took about 4 weeks if I remember correctly, but was only about 20 bucks to ship -and of course -no tracking.

-Also, I've ordered several mechanic watches from Russia with no issue

Going the other way, I've shipped several band Vinyl, CDs and Stickers to Russia also -no issues -but takes 3-6 weeks and you have to limit packages to under 4 pounds or you'll get killed on USPS first class package rates.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Cool thx

Comment

I've ordered some AMT stuff from Russia on Reverb, never had a problem and shipping didn't take that long, like 2 weeks or less IIRC, of course, those were normal times. I've also bought guitars from Japan with no issues.
                  Last edited by devastone; 05-23-2020, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X