Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD...But not happy

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Setups/fretwork shouldn't void the warranty. It is easy enough to look up what your warranty covers. Replacing parts and messing up the job probably would void it.
    This one.

A setup is like changing faulty tires on a new car. It should not void the warranty.
    Wackor
    Ørdøg
    NecroPolo
    Diabolus in Musica
    SIDrip Alliance
    Book of Shadows
    RKH

Comment

I agree that they shouldn't. And then reality can cook up some really weird stuff. I have had so many bad experiences (not just in guitar stores, but in general), that I am literally surprised when I get a service which aims at helping me out with my problem and keeping me as a customer rather than getting the highest amount of money out of my pockets in the shortest possible time.

That being said, if you're afraid of voiding the warranty, than why don't try to get things straightened out under your warranty at the dealer?

Also, if you do decide to take it to a tech/luthier, he willmost probably inspect the instrument and if he sees any sort of unsalvageable structural problem with it, I doubt thet he will start hacking it up without letting you know that it has a sort of problem that he might not be able to repair. By the way very seldom does one hear of structurally unsalvageable guitars from these bigger brands these days (at least as far as I know), which means your problem can be solved most probably for under $100.

But if this is not what you originally wanted, then by all means go get the one you want! Just be warned that unless you pay up ( and I mean UP), these companies won't sell you a guitar which is perfect out of the box. I recently threw 1000+ euros at Jackson and spent the weekend finishing the job of the factory workers...

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
        ^^^ definitely, but it is supposed to give better tone.
        That's just BS.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
          That's just BS.
          "supposed" is(was) the key word here.
          Resurrection from 4 yrs back is another one.

Comment

No production guitars have perfectly level frets unless they have been run through a fret machine, which is rare, or had a level done by hand, which I've never heard of. You can take it to a luthe and get that one spot leveled or get the entire neck leveled which will make it play good everywhere.
            The things that you wanted
            I bought them for you

Comment

A buzz on ONE fret only suggested the next is slightly high. Or that one is perhaps a little low...

But from the 7th fret on - that's a whole other beast. Might just need a touch of relief, or the action is just too low. Or there is a major neck issue.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                A buzz on ONE fret only suggested the next is slightly high. Or that one is perhaps a little low...

But from the 7th fret on - that's a whole other beast. Might just need a touch of relief, or the action is just too low. Or there is a major neck issue.
                It's already sent back. Replaced with this!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh I like that
                  Does it buzz at all?
                  EHD
                  Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                  RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                  SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                  Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                  Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                  Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                  Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                  GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                    Oh I like that
                    Does it buzz at all?
                    It doesn't. It play amazing. One of the best necks I've ever played.

Comment

Congrats! The new Charvel guitars are an amazing deal. And yes, those necks are wicked comfy!

Comment

If they only had beveled heel access, and full white pickguard.

Comment

So afterall those buzzing frets made you a happier man... Congrats for making the right decision and getting the guitar you dreamed of!

Comment

I like the new one better. I always think we should wait and get what we really want, unless what we want is so much more expensive that it would be impossible to save within, say a year. How are the frets on the new one?
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              I like the new one better. I always think we should wait and get what we really want, unless what we want is so much more expensive that it would be impossible to save within, say a year. How are the frets on the new one?
                              The frets are super smooth and are set up well.

Comment

It only costs twice as much to get exactly what you want
                                EHD
                                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                                X