Pricing help needed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing help needed..

Ok.. This causes me such pain, but time to get real.. I need to purge. And, since Im able to work, I really need to purge..
    My computer is dying and being able to do much is a challenge, so normally, Id research ebay, reverb etc and try to figure a price.
    I need help determining what is a fair price to list these at. Now, I cant guarantee Im going to sell them all, (prolly going to have to, but) so if someone has in interest and I say not selling it at this time, pls dont think Im a donkey.. I love them all and am pained having to let any of em go.. Anyhow.... Here are some Im considering selling.
    2 things,,, All are in hard cases and all are in very good to Excellent condition. No rash thru paint, etc.

1) My LP Trad pro ? Wine red, near mint, just a couple of rub marks on side. 2010 i think

(2) My white 80's Burny. excellent shape. only a couple of tiny dings.

(3) my 88 Kramer Pacer, black. great shape for age. not major issues, just some play wear and scuffing.

(4) my blue Washburn mg130. Excellent shape, just a couple of milky spots in the binding.

(5) my Red Charvel custom shop 2010. Excellent shape, just one small ding on the front.
    Im undecided if I should take all the Ti parts off before I list or what. Dont really have time or energy too do the work, but the hardware being all black again may be more appealing to some buyers and even though I prolly wont have any future use for the parts, Im sure it probably wont help my resale, so dont really want to lose the money.

(6) 2002 Gibson explorer, black, limited run with mirror p/g and truss cover. Has duncans, excellent shape with couple of small marks.

(7) my black Japanese made Squier strat. has upgraded 3ply black pearloid guard and bill lawrence keystone pickups. Has a very rare fender branded floating trem which appears to have been made by Kahler, but its very discreet unlike most Kahlers. its in excellent shape for its age with just some minor usage marks.

Im going to keep one of the next 2, but not sure which yet.

8) Michael Kelly patriot custom, black flame top, This one one of the first ones made when they were still putting tone pros hardware on em. Has a Custom Rio BBQ in the bridge. I image resale wont be real high for this one as its an off brand, but an amazing guit. mint shape

9) 2008 Dean Soltero Bella Noir. This was one of the special forum runs where they only made like 15. Piano black, gold hardware, mint shape.

Was hard and still is trying to decide tween my Charvel pro mod or the Custom shop one...

Thanks for any input.. Ive already sold a few, Guild nova and others...
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Pricing help needed..

Clear your PMs.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

try now. sorry. if pms fill up up quick . email is [email protected] if you cant get thru again.
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Just to be on the safe side, I would break your e-mail address up so it does not get picked up somehow and you get pummeled by spam or whatever else knuckleheads do with them.

Comment

That explorer is only worth about 250 bucks, so I'll take that off your hands buddy. PM sent on my address.

Only one sold on reverb was for 800.
          One was listed for 1100 ended, but not sold.
          Last edited by 80's_Metal; 01-24-2020, 11:40 AM.
          Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

You should be able to get $1400 for that LP Trad Pro.

For the Kramer, those are always tough but probably $500-$600 tops.

The Squier Strat could fetch $400 if it's in really good shape and there is someone out there willing to pay that. I'd shoot high on that one and be open to offers.

Good luck. I know it's tough letting go of stuff like this but in the end, it's just stuff. Adulting sucks sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
              You should be able to get $1400 for that LP Trad Pro.

For the Kramer, those are always tough but probably $500-$600 tops.

The Squier Strat could fetch $400 if it's in really good shape and there is someone out there willing to pay that. I'd shoot high on that one and be open to offers.

Good luck. I know it's tough letting go of stuff like this but in the end, it's just stuff. Adulting sucks sometimes.
              I've done it a few times, and yep, just stuff, although I do miss my rootbeer JEM that paid rent a few years ago, that one is turning out to be almost irreplaceable.

Comment

gpenguins, get em to you in the next day or so. Soon as I can!! the new photobucket thing has me so goofed up.

pfdarkside, try again or hit me up via email.. Sorry..

Here is what Ive got in PB. The guitar is in the exact same condition. The only thing I wanted to try and show in the new pics that Im having trouble getting up, is the couple of tiny issues. Im VERY anal about my gear and when I buy something I want to know every detail and when I sell, I admit every detail. This has oft cost me a bunch of $, cuz buyers have actually said to me, sheesh, wasnt near as bad as I was thinking or whatever. But again, I hate buying something described as mint or pristine and having it ###$# up when it arrives. Anyhow.. The guitar IS very pristine. There are 2, maybe 3 issues, (two on the front and one by the Jack plate that are about equivalent to someone dropping a trem bar on it. NO paint missing) and the back has a small bit of worming, again NO paint missing)

this is when i first got it with the emgs in it. posting so you can see inlays and all

with case

Last edited by BloodRose; 01-31-2020, 01:25 PM.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Ah crap! #$#@$%#@$$@ pics are blurred out by the PB thieves. Ill try to figure a way to get some clear pics asap. Been trying to load my PB pics onto thumb drives to clean it out to the "free limit", but my comp is both very slow, keeps shutting down and Ive got a ton in there. Plus, Ive got other honey do's to take care of, so have to devote time to keeping mama happy.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

the pics show fine when clicking on one and looking at them all there. beautiful guitar.

Comment

thank you for that input Erik! Yeah, it is a beautiful guitar and plays like a beast! Low action, sustain for days. Nearly perfect shape considering its a 1980s axe. Best LP (style) Ive ever laid hands on... But sadly.... Thank you again for sharing that tho! helps so much! I hate like hell to let her go, but.... So am glad the pics come thru. Im old school and tryiing to figure out putting up pics now that the bucket has gone to fees. Again, been downloading pics on a stick to clean out my account. but A) have so many other things to do and B) my comp is very basic (cheap) and processes soooooooo slow.
                      Last edited by BloodRose; 02-06-2020, 03:02 PM.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                        (7) my black Japanese made Squier strat. has upgraded 3ply black pearloid guard and bill lawrence keystone pickups. Has a very rare fender branded floating trem which appears to have been made by Kahler, but its very discreet unlike most Kahlers. its in excellent shape for its age with just some minor usage marks.
                        Got pics? Are you still in Lake City?

Comment

No, live in Jasper now. Guitar is in Lake City tho.
                          will try to post some pics. trying to clean out my photo bucket so that I can get under the charge limit so I can put pics up. Im too dumb to figure out some other free sites..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                            the pics show fine when clicking on one and looking at them all there. beautiful guitar.
                            Thanks! Its quite pristine, especially for its age.. Nearly mint TBH, but there is the couple of little dings. But most Ive seen online are from Japan and have corrosion and all. This looks like new. The Prev owner replaced the tuners, bridge, tail piece and all. Its soooooo hard to let go as its ebony board, and so pristine.. Sustains for days... If I wasnt so picky (AR) about my gear, Id say its mint. Aside from the couple little dings, it is close to new, And the dings are not missing paint
                            Last edited by BloodRose; 02-18-2020, 03:17 PM.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                            X