Truetone CS12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Truetone CS12

I have a CS12 as well. Every bit as quiet as the Voodoo Lab I had before it. It actually runs my "flipped" Rangemasters quieter than a well filtered linear wall wart that I use for testing. Virtually as quiet as running them on a battery. I don't have a lot of digital pedals so can't speak to than and I can't speak to studio work or comparing it to a Strymon. All I can say is that it's as quiet on my board with my stuff.

Comment

I have a CS12 and it's dead quiet. I run a ES-8 , DD-500 , RV-500 18v OCD and various others with no noise issues at all.I had a Voodoo labs before just didn't have enough juice for what I was doing so I upgraded to the CS12 and couldn't be happier. My rig is silent even on high gain.

Comment

I’m going to hook it all up today actuallly.
        I have a bunch of guitar projects to work on today!!!

Comment

I spent a couple of hours this morning replacing the DC Brick with the new Truetone CS12.

WOW...what a MASSIVE difference in the amount of noise , or should I say lack of noise.
          It literally has eliminated all of the extraneous noise I had going on.
          The only noise happening now is whatever gain noise that the amp produces. Which, with the Quickrod is pretty quiet considering the amount of gain this amp is capable of.
          Even though I’ve got an ISP G-String gate on my board I can now run my rig without needing it!

I only have one digital pedal on its own power supply simply because he CS12 only has 2 500mA outputs and my digital pedals require at least 300mA.

I’m amazed how much I was able to clean up the wiring clutter too.

I highly recommend this power unit to anyone looking for a good, inexpensive way to power their board with an isolated power supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
            I spent a couple of hours this morning replacing the DC Brick with the new Truetone CS12.

WOW...what a MASSIVE difference in the amount of noise , or should I say lack of noise.
            The only noise happening now is whatever gain noise that the amp produces. Which, with the Quickrod is pretty quiet considering the amount of gain this amp is capable of.
            Even though I’ve got an ISP G-String gate on my board I can now run my rig without needing it!

I only have one digital pedal on its own power supply simply because he CS12 only has 2 500mA outputs and my digital pedals require at least 300mA.

I highly recommend this power unit to anyone looking for a good, inexpensive way to power their board with an isolated power supply.
            When you say noise, what kind of noise are we talking about? Can you describe it?

I'm asking because I went with the Mooer S12 and just today I noticed there's a clearly discernible hum coming from it. Tried disconnecting all my pedals, and it persist. Tried hooking up my old PSU to the same outlet and it's almost dead quiet.

Needless to say, I'll be returning the Mooer. I'm just trying to decide if I should ask for a replacement or just try another one.
            --------------------------------------------------------
            1973 Aria 551
            1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
            1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
            1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
            1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
            1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
            2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Originally posted by Coma View Post
              When you say noise, what kind of noise are we talking about? Can you describe it?

I'm asking because I went with the Mooer S12 and just today I noticed there's a clearly discernible hum coming from it. Tried disconnecting all my pedals, and it persist. Tried hooking up my old PSU to the same outlet and it's almost dead quiet.

Needless to say, I'll be returning the Mooer. I'm just trying to decide if I should ask for a replacement or just try another one.
              With the DC Brick (which is not isolated) I was getting digital whine and white noise type noise. I assume that because the Brick wasn’t isolated, any noise coming from one source was/may be able to be picked up through other the power outputs thus adding to the noise floor. My noise gate was able to filter the noise but I had to set it higher than I wanted. And when I rolled the volume knob back the gate liked to chop off the sustained notes.
              With the new setup, I can set the gate low or off and avoid having the notes chopped off.

All I know is that my rig was very noisy with the brick. And now it is the same or nearly the same as if I were to plug directly into the amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

You may be able to run your 300mA rated digital pedal off the CS12 even though you don't have any more available high current labeled outlets. According to Truetone, you can run a higher draw pedal on a lower draw labeled outlet as long as draw of all of your pedals combined you don't exceed the total current rating of the supply.

Truetone explains it at about the 14:00 mark of this video ...

Comment

Truetone CS12

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
                  You may be able to run your 300mA rated digital pedal off the CS12 even though you don't have any more available high current labeled outlets. According to Truetone, you can run a higher draw pedal on a lower draw labeled outlet as long as draw of all of your pedals combined you don't exceed the total current rating of the supply.

Truetone explains it at about the 14:00 mark of this video ...

Good to know. The CS12 cleaned up my cable mess considerably.

Edit:
                  I probably can power the last digital pedal...I still have 3 unused output spots left...each at 100mA.
                  I’ll give it a try.

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I just recently picked up a Truetone CS6 and it is fantastic. Compact, powerful, and dead quiet. My pedalboard was already very quiet using a regular 1-Spot chain, but I bought a Zoom MS-70CDR and was concerned about digital noise. With the CS6 my board is really quiet, even when cascading a compressor into two overdrives and a boost. Plus, being able to run my Full-Drive 3 on 18 volts made me change my mind about selling it. It sounds so much clearer than on 9v.
                    Originally posted by ratherdashing
                    If inviting 200 drunken strangers to your parents house is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Comment

Working...
                    X