banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    I just started this project it is in the very early stages. I will keep you guys updated.

Comment

62 Reissue body with 57 reissue neck. I prefer the maple with the surf green. I know most prefer the rosewood.

Mint green pick guard and back plate. Lindy Fralin Vintage hot pickups. I'm just waiting for some vintage cream covers knobs and tips then I can put this baby together.

Callaham vintage tremolo with 2-1/16 string spacing. I have a vintage fender tremolo so I might swap the fender saddles for the more authentic look.
      1987 "E series" Squier Stratocaster (MIJ)
      2014 Epiphone Black Beauty
      2008 Ibanez RG370DXSP
      Fender Stratocaster '57 Reissue

Comment

Originally posted by knight_yyz View Post

62 Reissue body with 57 reissue neck. I prefer the maple with the surf green. I know most prefer the rosewood.

Mint green pick guard and back plate. Lindy Fralin Vintage hot pickups. I'm just waiting for some vintage cream covers knobs and tips then I can put this baby together.

Callaham vintage tremolo with 2-1/16 string spacing. I have a vintage fender tremolo so I might swap the fender saddles for the more authentic look.
        I'm with ya on the maple going with the surf green. Pure vintage, too. It's going to be a fine axe.

Comment

Nice!! I'm working on a fender Korean lite ash strat right now. The neck is, ok but frets need to be filed, edges rolled, and I hate the logo. Looking to out on a nicer logo. Probably do a single humbucker.
          -=The Dali
          --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Comment

Cool looking guitar. If you didn't already buy those covers and knobs, check out my classified ad called the Knob Trading Thread: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...Trading-Thread. I have like three sets of cream knobs and matching pickup covers I'd either trade or sell for a very reasonable price.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Does this count? Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5107.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	5784397 The replacement body for my (currently) agathis bodied RG-120.
                From another angle Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5106.jpg
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	5784398
                and this Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5105.jpg
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	5784399
                This is after wet sanding with 3000 grit sandpaper. Next I'll hit it with 5000 and then maybe after another coat of poly, 7000.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                  Cool looking guitar. If you didn't already buy those covers and knobs, check out my classified ad called the Knob Trading Thread: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...Trading-Thread. I have like three sets of cream knobs and matching pickup covers I'd either trade or sell for a very reasonable price.

Thanks for the offer but everything has been ordered and shown up at the door. I went for the aged white knobs with the green writing, I think it will look good with the green guitar. I hope to have it all assembled by the weekend. Then I have to watch a few videos on setting up the vintage tremolo.

Last edited by knight_yyz; 02-27-2015, 06:39 AM.
                  2008 Ibanez RG370DXSP

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                    I just started this project it is in the very early stages. I will keep you guys updated.

I'm disappointed in you, by the ring count that log is not even older than I am. No vintage wood = loss of respect.

Jk! Your post gave me a good chuckle

Comment

Not setup yet but I played it for 30 minutes.
                      2008 Ibanez RG370DXSP

Comment

Damn, that looks good! All it needs is the selector knob. The aged white with green is a fine choice.

Comment

Finished this week Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0267.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	5784428

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wolf View Post
                            Finished this week [ATTACH=CONFIG]61396[/ATTACH]
                            Nice I like both of these.
                            sigpic
                            Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
                            JFG Flying V,
                            "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
                            John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

LOL, I knew i forgot something. I actually have the aged tip for the 5 way and the aged tip for the tremolo. I will take pics with both tonight. I tried playing with the intonation and action over the weekend, but I'm finding I don't like the vintage saddles. They are all skewed at weird angles, and even if you straighten them, as soon as you try to adjust string height they change direction too. The upgraded saddles on my squire sit much more square than the Callaham/Fender vintage saddles. Is there a trick to using these?
                              2008 Ibanez RG370DXSP

Comment

Nice work here dudes! I was pondering a build before I picked up my Les Paul last week, but this thread makes a project build very tempting

Comment

Working...
                                X