I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I Can Haz Hearing Aid?

That sounds excellent..great work with those solo's! I'd volunteer to do something but it's been at least 20 years since I learned anyone else's solo's...just is'nt my thing anymore.

Sounds like you're doing just fine anyway
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
      Yep need a few more days myself.
      No problem at all.

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
      Thank you so much. The result so far is perfect. It can only get even better as more people send their tracks. Dale I hope everything runs fine with your issues.
      Thank you for your concern with my personal issues. Much appreciated. Yeh. I've very suddenly ended up in a rather bad situation thanks to an unforeseen delay in a business deal and I'm trying everything I can to buy myself the necessary time and this takes time. But I tell you: it's taken this to once again remind me why I don't bother with any of my previous so-called friendships or prior relationships with people. Only thing you can count on is family and I unfortunately don't have this luxury since my father passed some years ago. So yeh: people think I'm "odd" because I'd rather be on my own with my dog in my studio with my music. But I get far more out of this than I have ever gotten out of decades of hanging around with so-called friends by the dozen and entertaining and drinking and carrying on like idiots and basically just wasting precious "life" time. At the end of the day: that all counts for sh*t. If nothing else at least I can say I've accomplished something on a personal level (and musically) in the last few years and that's more than I can say for anybody I used to hang out with. Only regret is that I didn't reach this point decades ago!!! Anyways. I gotta make some plan otherwise I'll be mixing this song on a street corner!!! LOL!!! Just have to scrape some cash for a generator and we're good to go!!! LOL!!!

Anyways. My problems are my own I guess.

I didn't get around to commenting on what you've done so far as it was really late last night (early in the morning) here when I uploaded the file and I couldn't keep my eyes open!!! LOL!!!

But what you've done is really and truly awesome. And I must say that I personally am amazed at how you've been able to crack those solos as accurately as you have in such a short space of time. Basically you only started listening to the original track on or around the 19th of Feb. so we're talking about less than three weeks of work and I know you don't have the luxury of being able to sit and practice this stuff 24/7 so I'm guessing we're talking mere days for you to have accomplished all of this. So well done. You can be real proud of your contributions thus far. Oh: LOVE the "whammy bar clown" work!!! LOL!!!

Must say I'm once again really surprised though that we've not gotten more interest here. Same thing as the solo contest. Pity. If nothing else: I would have imagined that those that contributed to the solo contest would have been interested in contributing here. Maybe this will still be the case.

Comment

Dale, I dunno, being with people is a virtue in itself. Don't know what to say about your dad. I see this coming for mine. And its gonna be so sad and hollow I probably cannot imagine.
        Anyways, ppl, pls, this is getting truly awesome!! So please any members that might consider this, it's truly cool to participate in such a great effort!

Comment

Yeh well. Maybe my choices of who I've mixed with in the past leaves much to be desired so that could be the issue. I'm sure you've heard the saying "if you lie with dogs you get fleas" (although truth be told that saying has always amused me i.e. my dog doesn't have, and has never had, fleas)!!! LOL!!!

Anyway and for the sake of some testing: I called up the same original file as last night and just ran it through iZotope Ozone 8 Advanced's matching EQ using Pink Noise as the Target Curve. It sure does a nice job of evening out the spectrum (and brings your solos out REAL nice). Unfortunately: any processing I do is accentuating the distortion in the backing track we're using for now but no big deal i.e. this just for the sake of getting everything together now. And of course losing a lot because of the .MP3 conversion. But nevertheless and in spite of the one or two issues: this sure does sound absolutely awesome on my PA I must just tell you.

Man. I get so excited about this stuff it's unreal. I could make a production of note out of this darn thing if we were all together i.e. DMX controlled fog, lighting, laser, and pyro. (DMX being triggered by MIDI i.e. have this fancy MIDI to DMX converter that works like an absolute charm)!!! Would be AWESOME!!! Oh well. Maybe one day!!!

But: GREAT JOB the two of you I have to say!!!
          Last edited by dpaterson; 03-05-2019, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Listen up. Sorry. Couldn't help but post this!!!

Been listening AGAIN to what we've (you've) done thus far. And I want to tell you that it is absolutely awesome. And believe me when I say that I don't make this statement lightly: I actually really do prefer this to the original. There is something "raw" and "uncut" about this version thus far.
            Last edited by dpaterson; 03-05-2019, 02:48 PM.

Comment

hey ppl, two guys from the greek musicians forum, liked the idea, and one submitted the first campbell solo which I liked. What do we do? Are we waiting more? Or should I start talking with them till we have something mix-able and in the correct format? I am awaiting your thoughts. Members here have priority of course, but it's a shame to stop it here.

btw, Dale, about my solo tracks, I think the right channel (yngwie) is just a tad little too loud, while the left (lynch) a little too low. Could you pls bring them to their average vol?
              Last edited by greekdude; 03-06-2019, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Hello.

Well LLL must give his input here I think. But from my side and given the lack of interest shown here: I'd say to get them involved. I mean to say why not??? And if this is just supposed to be for SD Forum Members well then they can sign up as members and problem solved not??? And I for one will not give up on this until it's complete and perfect i.e. it's sounding too good to just let it slip by the wayside as appears to have been the case with other previous attempts at collaborations on this very site.

Funny you should mention the levels i.e. I actually manually lowered the level of the solos on the left channel. For some reason or the other I was perceiving them as much louder than the right channel stuff. Odd that. But I'll put them back to "all equal" and upload again for you.

Comment

Dale thanks for your determination and work! So people, you got the message! Please start to at least report your current status/plans on this! Also vocals is a major part. Any updates on this?

Comment

Yeh. C’mon dudes. The Europeans (the Greeks) are showing you up!!! LOL!!! I thought there’d be so many takers from the good ‘ol US of A that we’d have to turn down some due to lack of track (space)!!! LOL!!! Hmmmnnn... Wonder if this be the reason that Nuclear Blast has signed/distributes 99% of the good music nowadays... (J-O-K-I-N-G!!! LOL!!!).

P.S.

@greekdude:

Here you go. Go play these dudes the track when it’s finished. Rock Of Angels Records, a division of Infinity Entertainment, and Infinity Entertainment having exclusive distribution rights in Greece for Nuclear Blast!!! LOL!!! Think BIG dude(s)!!!

P.P.S.

Nuclear Blast signed Metal Allegiance so why not us (you guys)??? LOL!!!

P.P.P.S.

But then we (you) need a video......... So there’s that.........
                    Last edited by dpaterson; 03-06-2019, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Hey, here is Campbell #1 from my greek friend gvour : https://soundcloud.com/greekdude888/...ian-campbell-1

Comment

Good morning.

Tell gvour he can join the forums!!! LOL!!! That sounds pretty Vivian-ish to me. Nice.

Will only be able to download and add to our test track (with your solo levels changed) a bit later in the day. Sorry for that. Chat later.

Comment

Thank you so much for ur amazing suggestion and now im totally clear thanks for that....

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
                            Hey, here is Campbell #1 from my greek friend gvour : https://soundcloud.com/greekdude888/...ian-campbell-1
                            Any chance you could make the file downloadable???

Comment

ooppss, absolutely, and also the dharma, just in case :
                              Listen to Gvour - Vivian Campbell #1 by greekdude888 #np on #SoundCloud

Listen to Gvour - Dharma by greekdude888 #np on #SoundCloud

Comment

Here you go (below).

Not a particularly good mix I'm afraid. Been sitting with it too long tonight and don't seem to be able to get it on tonight.

The new solos are nice but the tone used for both is a bit harsh and piercing. I've tried to tame them both a little with some dynamic EQ and added some little reverb to them. Also difficult to put this together with having the actual backing track panned to one side so as to accommodate the guitar double tracking but this will resolve itself when we get all of the separate tracks and I no longer have to pan the backing tracking.

Oh and any particular reason why these are mono files??? The others are all stereo (from what I gather they're not simply dual mono as they have some width to them albeit very slight).

The above all being said: in spite of my now probably suffering from ear fatigue it does sound pretty darn good I think. The solos are fitting well. Loads of work to be done on them though e.g. removing the noise and noises just prior to each solo starting as well as trimming the ends so that everything flows nice (and that's just for starters).

I started setting up to visually mix them nice (with pink noise and spectrum analyzer) but too tired i.e. not concentrating proper but will get to this tomorrow. And each of the solos is going to have to be carefully adjusted to get the individual levels right. Started doing this and adjusting peak and RMS levels (manually i.e. this auto nonsense doesn't work for me) but again: too much for this time of night I'm afraid.

Anyway: have a listen. All comments and input welcome of course.

And it is now time for me to take a break!!! LOL!!!
                                Last edited by dpaterson; 03-07-2019, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X