Incoming POD XT Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming POD XT Live

Scored a POD XT Live super cheap on Reverb. Should arrive today. It’s the most modern effects board I’ve owned, planning to pair it with a small bass amp for the most neutral amp tone possible, and also to give the low F# on my 8 string some breathing room.

Anybody still using an XT Live?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: Incoming POD XT Live

POD sounds pretty good, lots of great effects, definitely worth $90/ shipped.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I would think the effects alone are worth that, no matter what the amp sims are like.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Old technology is WORTHLESS.

I know - when it came out and was the cutting edge it was the cat's meow of tone. Many a great record was recorded with it, and epic shows were done. But that was last week...
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

It sounds pretty awesome in my garage, and for less than the cost of an OD pedal I’m usually shopping for...

Truth be told, this is part of my mid life crisis. I heard some of the crap I’d say about modeling, newer metal bands, etc... and decided to quit yelling at clouds. Now I’m playing an 8 string into a modeler

Now I’m looking for a solid state 2X12 combo or half stack with an effects loop to plug this guy into.
          Last edited by JB_From_Hell; 04-20-2019, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Not the Xt, but an X3 that works great for practice and recording straight into the computer.

Line 6 have always nailed the reverbs and delays, those sound as good as anything off the shelf today. At that price can you go wrong?
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Seriously man - if you can't make a righteous sound with that, it's you. That thing has 1000x the power of an 80's rack of doom.

Comment

You'd need a keyboard amp or a powered PA speaker to make that sound right...not a guitar amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Acemen
                  Seriously man, if you can't make a righteous sound with that, it's you.
                  Agreed. Any anti-modeling snobbery you ever heard from me is gone.

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  You'd need a keyboard amp or a powered PA speaker to make that sound right...not a guitar amp.
                  The reason I'm intending to get an amp with an effects loop is so I can run it into the return, using just the solid state power section and the POD as the preamp. The other reason is I'm betting I can grab a Randal, Peavey, or Crate locally for under $100.

Comment

You would have to turn the speaker sim of the model in the XT Live off if you put it through a guitar amp..

Comment

I think people just have no sense when it comes to modeling. They get all 'THAT doesn't sound like a REAL Fender Twin here in the room!!!!!"

No $h!t it doesn't. A real Twin in the room would be painfully loud/bright, etc...

You need to say "Can I craft a tone I want/like with this as a foundation?" The answer is almost always yes.

Comment

Figured I'd treat the cabinet modeling like another EQ. If it sounds better without, I'll shut it off. Otherwise...

As far as "That doesn't sound like a REAL ___," exactly, who cares? Since I don't have a Dual Recto sitting in my garage, when I turn on that model, "good high gain sound that I like" is pretty much what I'm going for.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                          Figured I'd treat the cabinet modeling like another EQ. If it sounds better without, I'll shut it off. Otherwise...

As far as "That doesn't sound like a REAL ___," exactly, who cares? Since I don't have a Dual Recto sitting in my garage, when I turn on that model, "good high gain sound that I like" is pretty much what I'm going for.
                          Cab Modelling - EXACTLY! Try them all, and go for the one that you think sounds best. I know you might *want* a 1960 with 30 watt Celestions, but if a Vox 1x8 combo sounds best - use it!

And there are plenty of people who care a ton. Most of whom are Blues Lawyers, Bedroom Shredders, and people with more money than sense who have nothing better to do than sit around nitpick every little tonal nuance.

Comment

Lol, I just gave up being that guy. It took flipping my main players, but I'm genuinely excited about doing new music stuff.

Asked for headphone recommendations on sevenstring.org, one dude also recommended a Mooer Radar pedal to improve the XT's tone. Last week I was shaking my head at people not using tubes, now I'm shopping for IR pedals. I feel good about this

Comment

The other guitarist in one of the bands I'm touring with uses the XT live directly to the PA. As far as I can tell he has an amazing tone.

off: I am a simple guy. I use a single AMT M1 preamp pedal and its cab sim through a DI box split between the PA (XLR) and a 2000W tiny Alto wedge (thru). I've never heard myself with such clarity, not even back in my double half-stack days.
                              Wackor
                              Ørdøg
                              NecroPolo
                              Diabolus in Musica
                              SIDrip Alliance
                              Book of Shadows
                              RKH

Comment

Working...
                              X