I'm so intrigued, I'm rigid
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Re: Project sneak peak

That relic job definitely NEEDS to be redone. And I don't see how in the real world, the paint along the side of a guitar will get rubbed off; yeah maybe on the bottom side if you sit down the whole time like Pete Cosey.

Comment

Waiit.... you peeled and corroded the OFR on purpose??

That's gonna rot to sh!t in a matter of months. The finish ain't there for looks.
        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
          We should join forces and make all these righties come to heel... like the insolent whelps they are.
          Two leftys make a righty

Comment

Yea I know it needs more body work and paint work done to it because it's not looking right. This isn't even close to being done yet, it's just what I have going on so far and I thought Id share some build pics that's all.

Im probably going to trim the lower cut away back a little bit and add a scallop to the rear cutaway for better upper fret access, but I want it to be subtle so that will need painted and blended in as well. Pretty much the entire perimeter of the guitar was left with a light coat or no paint because of that.

The Floyd baseplate was left over night in a solution with some other parts but it didn't rust like the other stuff did so once I rinse it I'm sure it will hold up ok. I didn't remove the finish from the fulcrums even though it wouldn't affect it anyways I just wanna make sure all the moving parts and functional parts are good aside from that I hope it looks like crap.
            87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Here's some more pics of what Ive been up to.
              I started out by trimming back the lower cutaway and adding a rear scallop but then I decided this afternoon that I was going to angle the neck heel area like an RG or Gunslinger and I also relieved the area as well.
              I'm going with ferrules so once they get here I'll drill for those and do some more blending.

Click image for larger version

Name:	z0.0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	5814016

Name:	z0.1.jpg
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	5814017

Name:	z0.2.jpg
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	5814018

Name:	z0.3.jpg
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	5814019
              87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

This is what I got done today after work:

Name:	z1.jpg
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	5814020

Name:	z2.jpg
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	5814021

Name:	z3.jpg
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	5814022

Name:	z4.jpg
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	5814023

Name:	z5.jpg
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	5814024

Comment

Name:	z6.jpg
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	5814025

Name:	z7.jpg
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	5814026

Name:	z8.jpg
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	5814027

Name:	z9.jpg
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	5814029

Name:	z9.1.jpg
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	5814028

Name:	z9.2.jpg
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	5814030

Comment

You've done some real nice work on that.

A little too reliced for my taste, it looks too fake.
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Thank you, I do have a lot of work and time in this and it's still no where close to being done yet, so that last pic was just to show what I have so far. Once I get some of this little stuff done I can go about blending the finish on the body and figure something out with the headstock. It's frustrating and I'll walk away from it for a few days and then spend a whole day on it and it's been like that for the last month or so.
                      I just didn't want to keep updating this thread every time I got something done, but on my facebook I post pictures every other day or so. I just took some of the greatest hits and posted them all at once on here to show my progress in case anyone was interested in checking it out.

I think I'm going with a shop floor custom SH-10 in reverse zebra with chrome hex and a silver Black Winter style logo, which I'm going to do a series/parallel with a push/push 500k

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
                        That relic job definitely NEEDS to be redone. And I don't see how in the real world, the paint along the side of a guitar will get rubbed off; yeah maybe on the bottom side if you sit down the whole time like Pete Cosey.
                        Absolutely!

It doesn't look like a "relic" at all because there is no way in the world that a guitar could naturally wear like that. The sides would not wear totally through the finish (esp inside the horns) and the edges hardly have a scratch. It would be just the opposite. It looks like someone was starting to remove paint in order to repaint it and quit half way because it was too much work for him.

It would do you good to look at a vid on StewMac to see what a real relic should look like.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                          Yea I know it needs more body work and paint work done to it because it's not looking right. This isn't even close to being done yet, it's just what I have going on so far and I thought Id share some build pics that's all.
                          A better term would be "progress pics" since this isn't technically a build. You are "customizing" an already built guitar.

But nevertheless, I like what you're doing to it and showing some good skill in the process. I'm anxious to see the progress along the way and then especially the end result of all the work.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Looks like a neat project.

Comment

Working...
                            X