banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Guitars, 5 Pickups, You Put Them In Order From Your Favorite To Least Favorite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5 Guitars, 5 Pickups, You Put Them In Order From Your Favorite To Least Favorite

At least the wood won't affect the differences. I Learn't this today after being led astray for all these years.
    Thank you Ariarse.
    sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
    - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Re: 5 Guitars, 5 Pickups, You Put Them In Order From Your Favorite To Least Favorite

Nice! LOVE the new version. Definitely an improvement.

And I'm STILL going with:

Gonna even go out on a limb and say 3 is an Epiphone pup or some other stock pup.

Comment

I started out with nothing...and I still have most of it left.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
          Nice! LOVE the new version. Definitely an improvement.

And I'm STILL going with:

Before reading anymore comments, I listened to the new clips. I decided to change my list. So now its:
          Funny that we have the same list.

Comment

I'm not gonna analyze the sounds or guess what the pickups are. Just listen, pick and wait for the announcement. This is already fun, Jolly. Thanks!

Me still ...
            Last edited by elelpe; 03-28-2013, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
              I was really hoping the pickup room know it all heavy hitters would join in on this.
              I'm not surprised at all. They are afraid that they "won't nail it" and ruin their rep.

That's a shame - they don't get it. We are all different, we all have ears. Pick. So what if you are a long time anti-PG guy and pick a PG? Doesn't mean squat. Just means that Jolly's guitar, plus a PG, plus 11 Rack, plus Jolly's fingers did something you liked.

Doesn't mean you are wrong, doesn't mean the same stuff would actually work for you.

I could probably (and still might) pick a favorite for every phrase; Chords, leads, chug, riffs. I'll give the new ones a listen when I can.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                I was really hoping the pickup room know it all heavy hitters would join in on this.
                Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                I'm not surprised at all. They are afraid that they "won't nail it" and ruin their rep.
                Amen

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  I could probably (and still might) pick a favorite for every phrase; Chords, leads, chug, riffs.
                  This. That's kinda where I was going with what I listed. I see #5 isn't very popular, but I felt that it had the better performance in each phase, not necessarily the best in any of them individually. I'll listen to the new clips here in a minute.

Comment

Heh, keeping my order the same (5, 1, 2, 4, 3), and I'm even gonna take a stab at naming them knowing that my pickup rep is probably gonna be obliterated.

1. DD
                    2. JB
                    3. CC
                    4. Custom
                    5. No idea, I think I like it, Dimebucker?

Comment

the gospel according to D-Phinny:

Comment

I am changing my order to

I realize I am about to really embarrass myself but here is an attempt to guess at the pickups used

1. Distortion
                        2. JB
                        3. Alt 8
                        4. Custom
                        5. Custom Custom

Comment

I have now given the cleans a good listen

For dirt, I'm sticking with my original order. However, for cleans:

4 - best all around clean
                          2 - nice bottom
                          3 - lot's of mid/treble. Tight. This might be a Distortion? PG?
                          5 - Just ok. Jazz?
                          1 - I did not like this. Loud. Invader?
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I might just give up the goods on Easter Sunday and let you all know what the pickups are. That would be a week, so that seems cool to me.

Comment

I liked 4 the best and 3 the least
                              sigpic
                              Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
                              JFG Flying V,
                              "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
                              John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

I thought 5 stayed the tightest under the gain. Was thick without being too boomy in the bass. Listened on good headphones.

Comment

Working...
                                X