banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All you guys with bright LED's in your pedals...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All you guys with bright LED's in your pedals...

Jeez. All of youse guys got stars with your avatars. I don't go no stars. How do I get stars?!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
      Why do people feel it necessary to point out that an old thread has been revived?
      If somebody feels there is something to add why should the age of the thread matter?
      Because people sometimes end up responding directly to someone who posted his/her message years ago.
      Consider it a public service message. Friends don't let friends converse with forum zombies without realizing that they are doing so.

*Rhetorical question warning* ... Why do people have a problem if someone points out that a thread is zombified?

Sorry if it bothers you brother but I'm going to continue to point it out if I notice that the thread has been long dead ...

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
        heck if ya build em just put a "tweaking pot" on the bottom
        dial in more or less resistance
        My vfe pedals have the trim-pots, but they're inside so it's not really an instant tweak.
        Never-the-less it's a nice inclusion, and I've set mine around the midway point. Maybe the bulb will last longer also.

Comment

I think Kam nailed it in the first reply. You don't need a bright light on a dark stage, but when the lights come on and the smoke gets laid down, or you are outside on a sunny day--that's when you really need the bright LED.

Why not cover part of it with a piece of black electrician's tape?

Bill
          When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by grritz View Post
            Jeez. All of youse guys got stars with your avatars. I don't go no stars. How do I get stars?!?!?!?
            Waste as much time posting here as the ones with stars have!
            - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
            Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
            The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

It's funny, is it just the blue ones that causes problems? As far as I know, the human eye is more sensitive to shades of green. But yes, I have the same problem. My channel selector footswitch has four lights (diods?) - Green, Blue, Red, White. The blue one is significantly brighter than everything else one the board. So much so, in fact, that when it's on, I can't see ANYTHING else on the board due to being blinded.

Am gonna try using athletes tape over it or see if I can source some ND gels.
              --------------------------------------------------------
              1973 Aria 551
              1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
              1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
              1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
              1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
              1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
              2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

First, blue LED's tend to have higher intensity in the first place. But mostly, it has to do with the wavelength of the blue light and how our eyes work (or don't work) in response to it.

Comment

Ultra bright LEDs = personal stage lighting

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                    Why do people feel it necessary to point out that an old thread has been revived?
                    If somebody feels there is something to add why should the age of the thread matter?
                    Threads are like fine wine. 2010 was a very good year. Personally, I don't care how bright the LEDs are, and I like the variety of color on my board.
                    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

¡ Oh Man ... Look At The Lights !

The brighter the better - Outdoors it is a must thing in the bright sun .

Besides , nothing looks cooler than a multicolored LED display working
                      on a dark stage .

It's also a great theatrical gimmick .

EZ :

HR
                      It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

Re: ¡ Oh Man ... Look At The Lights !

Originally posted by thespricket View Post
                        I found that putting piece of tap (like black electrical) over the led mellows out the brightness. I don't usually mind it that much. Only when the pedal is so bright that it's nearly impossible to see the knobs while the pedal is engaged. All but one of my five pedals have blue LED's, I think it's a new trend.
                        Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                        I'll tape them over with some masking tape if it really bugs me . . .
                        Originally posted by Undone View Post
                        Hate those GD blue lights. I put blue painter's tape over all of mine in an effort to reducd my onsetting blindness.
                        I do the tape-over thing as well on the one pedal I have that is excessively bright....and yes, it's blue.

Comment

Working...
                        X