Marshall 4x10 cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 4x10 cabinet

This Marshall 4x10 cab popped up at my local shop.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191025_102058972.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	5853003
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191025_102109349.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	5853004

It's a package deal with a Peavey Vypyr 30 head with the fancy footswitch.... He's not asking very much money for the package.

I feel like offering him money for just the cab, cuz it's kinda cool.... Not like I need it, but still.

Anyone know about this cab? What's it worth? Seems like a small niche kind of item.
    Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Re: Marshall 4x10 cabinet

It's not worth a whole lot, maybe $400-500 tops. They didn't make a huge number of them, but there isn't a ton of demand either. I've never seen one in that tolex / grill combo, so I'm not sure it's completely original. Typically the red ones had black or the aged to brown grillcloth, while checkerboard typically had green tolex.
    Last edited by dystrust; 10-25-2019, 07:19 PM.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

As I always say - 10" speakers kick/punch like a &%$%^ donkey!

I love me 4x10's. Punchy, powerful, they handle the bottom really well, especially if low tuned. Give it a try man - I think you will dig it big time!

12" speakers are like scooping mids. Sounds great on it's own. In a band....mids and 10" are badass.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I've been after a 1965 cab for my JTM45 for a long time!

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Stevie if you want the number to the shop, shoot me a PM
          Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
            Stevie if you want the number to the shop, shoot me a PM
            Thanks, though I think I'd get stung pretty heavily with shipping!

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

You have to open it up and check the speakers. Those Marshall 4x10s were blown to hell in the 80s and 90s -rarely having original or good replacement speakers in them.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

These cabs also make good diagonal 2x12s with a custom baffle installed. Regardless of two 12's or four 10's they make for a great looking compact 1/2 stack.

Comment

Originally posted by Lake Placid Blues View Post
                  These cabs also make good diagonal 2x12s with a custom baffle installed. Regardless of two 12's or four 10's they make for a great looking compact 1/2 stack.
                  Or find a 1966 cab, it's the same cab with 2-12 diagonal speakers stock.
                  Al

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
                    This Marshall 4x10 cab popped up at my local shop.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]101665[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]101666[/ATTACH]

It's a package deal with a Peavey Vypyr 30 head with the fancy footswitch.... He's not asking very much money for the package.

I feel like offering him money for just the cab, cuz it's kinda cool.... Not like I need it, but still.

Anyone know about this cab? What's it worth? Seems like a small niche kind of item.
                    I'd be all over it. I have a Laney 4x10 with Fanes and sounds fantastic with my 3203, and a DSL100/1960A, but you can never have enough.

Comment

I've using one with my Bassman for years.
                      I want more me in my tone.

Comment

Plus one on the 4x10. I have two of these cabs and if this was local I'd grab a third. These cabs blow me away with how tight and punchy they are. They record great too.

Comment

Working...
                        X