How many guitars do you own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many guitars do you own?

I currently sit at 76 but it seems I'll grow back to 85 within the next 12 months. I build my own guitars, so it's supereasy to kill time and build guitars simultaneously. What else should I do in my spare time? Have a meaningful conversatin with my spouse?

Comment

Originally posted by jimilee View Post
      44 which includes 6 bass guitars and a cigar box guitar.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
      I just bought number 67.
      Originally posted by allstarrme View Post
      Oh boy. Almost 40?
      Most are kept in different tunings or configurations. None of them are stock except the 2 PRS Mccarty 594’s.
      Originally posted by orpheo View Post
      I currently sit at 76 but it seems I'll grow back to 85 within the next 12 months. I build my own guitars, so it's supereasy to kill time and build guitars simultaneously. What else should I do in my spare time? Have a meaningful conversatin with my spouse?
      I have one question really, storage must be a PITA right?
      Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
      I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
      Originally posted by That90'sGuy
      Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
        Incredibly, yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Happy to store 5 or so for you.

Comment

The even BIGGER problem is CASE storage!

Originally posted by The Commodores?
            "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Ouch!

Originally posted by Blille View Post
              Happy to store 5 or so for you.
              Hey, no cutsies! I was warming into that!
              Last edited by KeeperOS; 10-21-2019, 11:36 PM.
              Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
              I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
              Originally posted by That90'sGuy
              Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
                The even BIGGER problem is CASE storage!

It's called a vault.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
                  absolutely. I regret SO MANY choices but don't wanna part with the majority of the guitars because of... reasons.

Oh: I only have cases for my acoustic guitars and just 1 or 2 electrics. Nothing more than that.

Comment

Total 22. Three acoustics and 19 electrics. Only 1 acoustic needs work. Everything else gets played depending on how fresh strings are and what sound I want

Comment

7 giggable electrics
                      1 acoustic
                      1 bass
                      2 sort-of-playable electrics that never leave the house (includes my first-ever guitar)

There is some duplication (i.e. 2 LPs, 2 Teles) but those are my faves so I have to live with it

Comment

Well, I own over 50 and it's not quite enough to satisfy my GAS.

70 or 80 might be a good number.

On second thought, I guess 90-100 would be a better number.
                        Originally Posted by IanBallard
                        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I've always been confused by the huge numbers. Is it purely a collecting thing? When you get up past 50 guitars, assuming you play a different guitar each day you're only using each guitar seven times a year. How do you develop a bond with an instrument like that?
                          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                            I've always been confused by the huge numbers. Is it purely a collecting thing? When you get up past 50 guitars, assuming you play a different guitar each day you're only using each guitar seven times a year. How do you develop a bond with an instrument like that?
                            Good question.

I guess you don't develop a bond with every one of them. At least not equally. But I do have bonds with all of them and strong bonds with 80% of them. They're all different so it's not redundant. Not like having 50 LPs, or 50 Strats. That would definitely be a collector sort of thing...no way to bond to all of them that are so similar. You'd certainly have just a few favorites.
                            Originally Posted by IanBallard
                            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                              I like "Explorer" guitars so quite a number of my guitars are that shape. With as many as I have there are a fair amount that are in various stages of playability let's say. I have a few that to sell I would regret selling for the cool what it is. Plus selling price versus what I might really get hurts too. I have the space so why not keep it for that every now and then dig it out moment. I keep the really good ones and ones that I have "bonded with" out and play them as much as time and will lets me. Certain ones do feel better and are easier to manipulate to get "that sound" you want from them so they will always get first grab. Other times I just use the Rick Neilsen approach and play one song be it once or a half hour on one guitar and then switch guitars for another tune. I am also a big fan of Double cut LP style guitars too. So while switching takes a moment changing to the next guitar is not all that hard to adjust. They are usually the same kind of frets and fretboards along with same scale. Then again I am only a living room noodler so YMMV.
                              Attached Files
                              Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                              Guitar to sound output:
                              Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Currently; 9 electrics and 1 acoustic. The most recently assembled below...

MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
                                1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                                1988 Kramer Nightswan
                                1989 Charvel Sambora
                                2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
                                Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
                                Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X