banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I need now? :) (2019 Pedalboard edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need now? :) (2019 Pedalboard edition)

As with everything guitar related, there comes a time when you feel the need to change something. In this instance I feel an alteration to my pedalboard in the near future!

Here's the board:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Big Pedalboard 2019.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	5853006

The BMF Aries Fuzz has come off and has been replaced with a Dr Green Booster Shot, which I'm pretty much leaving on all the time. It plays nicely with both my JTM45 on its own, and the Plexitone Prototype that's in the Hot Drive 'n Boost enclosure. The main issue is that I'm hardly using the Blackstar HT Dual at the moment. It's a fabulous pedal, but it's a pain as it needs its own power supply, and I'd rather find something else in its place. I'm toying with dropping my 805 Overdrive in front of the Plexitone, but I'm not 100% sold on the idea yet. I'm playing rock voiced covers at the moment in a 3-piece band.

It's most a bit of a spitball kinda thread, but I'd be interested in your thoughts

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Re: What do I need now? (2019 Pedalboard edition)

I'd invest in a looping pedal. Even a basic one can add a lot live, but also put it at the front of the chain to tweak the other pedals while it loops.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm currently thinking of dropping in the 805 overdrive, and the new Boss SY-1 synthesizer pedal. I could run the normal output of the SY-1 through the current pedal chain, and run the send as a direct out to the delay and reverbs.

Comment

You’re at the point where you’ve got everything you need (and more), just looking for the spice to add on top.

SY-1 would be fun, one of the EHX B9/C9/Synth9 type pedals would be fun (especially if they can be sent to the PA). I like to use Chorus as a faux rotary, so maybe a traditional analog chorus or rotary sim? Maybe a Uni-Vibe or Phaser for more modulation options? Usually the song calls for those so if you don’t need them, maybe no reason to add them.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Rock voiced covers in a 3 piece???

Since you have an obvious Duncan fetish, get a Dirty Deeds AND either...

a Keeley Double Tracker or a TC Mimiq!
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            Rock voiced covers in a 3 piece???

Since you have an obvious Duncan fetish, get a Dirty Deeds AND either...

a Keeley Double Tracker or a TC Mimiq!
            I'm actually using a Vapor Trail, set really short, to thicken up my sound before it goes into my Andromeda Delay and Silver Lake Reverb!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              You’re at the point where you’ve got everything you need (and more), just looking for the spice to add on top.

SY-1 would be fun, one of the EHX B9/C9/Synth9 type pedals would be fun (especially if they can be sent to the PA). I like to use Chorus as a faux rotary, so maybe a traditional analog chorus or rotary sim? Maybe a Uni-Vibe or Phaser for more modulation options? Usually the song calls for those so if you don’t need them, maybe no reason to add them.
              I do really like a Uni-Vibe but I'm not sure it'd work with what we're currently playing. ON a couple of songs I use the phaser and the chorus at the same time to get some cool movement without it being over the top.

Comment

Vibe pedal (or 4 stage phaser in a pinch). Or maybe even a harmonic tremolo. But you need something like that. Your life is incomplete at the moment. :P
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                  Vibe pedal (or 4 stage phaser in a pinch). Or maybe even a harmonic tremolo. But you need something like that. Your life is incomplete at the moment. :P
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	66477273_10157532519342053_5934663909851004928_o.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	5817497

There's a harmonic trem on the Keeley Modstation on my mini board, which I just love!

Comment

I haven't had a chance to try the Boss Synth pedal yet, but I'd like to. That + reverb would be a lot of fun.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      I haven't had a chance to try the Boss Synth pedal yet, but I'd like to. That + reverb would be a lot of fun.
                      I think routing the send output of the SY-1 direct to the Andromeda and Silver Lake, while the normal guitar signal would go through the phaser then to the Booster Shot/805/Plexitone, chorus then into the Andromeda and Silver Lake. Balance the levels of the guitar/synth sound when the pedal is engaged and have just the guitar when it's not.

Comment

I think it's most important to first decide your level of commitment to being broke the rest of your life.

As Pedalboard expansion and experimentation is the Pandoras Box of our time.

I say go Vibey.... Harmonic Tremelo, Univibe, etc etc.
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I don't see a Uni-Vibe on there.
                          Just sayin'.

Comment

So maybe, in addition to a Uni-vibe, I should go for something like a Sub n Up for some pseudo-synth tones?

Comment

I agree 100% with the idea of a Univibe or Leslie pedal.

Not familiar enough with any synth pedals to recommend one.

One other option that suggests itself is a Fuzzface - legendary volume knob cleanup and a less meaty sound than the Muff.
                              Last edited by eclecticsynergy; 11-06-2019, 09:10 PM.
                              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
                              X