No announcement yet.

Pedal Priority, which would you get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pedal Priority, which would you get?

"Good enough" is more like "tolerable", I like the idea of having a reverb pedal because it let's me switch between just amp reverb for less reverb and the pedal for more reverb. I have the reverb on the amp set so that's it's useable, but not my preference.

Comment

Having a reverb with a lot of options is kind of mind expanding when you are used to only spring reverb. I love spring for blues and that type of sound, but adding some plate after a higher gain (a la VH) Marshall tone... The first time I did that I thought “oh yeah, I’ve heard that sound on record before...”
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I have lived my entire pop/rock/metal life without a buffer. Although I'm sure something up front was buffing anyway....

A good reverb on the other hand is a MUST have. I hate buying an amp without it.

MUST HAVE VERB!!!!!
        NO SLEEP TIL REVERB!!!!
        GIVE ME VERB OR GIVE ME DEATH !!!!(Or a really good Delay....)!!!!!
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
          If you have a reverb that’s “good enough” and you don’t yet need a buffer then why spend money that you dont need to?
          I wonder if my wife hacked your account.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            Buffered reverb.

Nailed it.
            Check out the bypass options on the Neunaber Wet Reverb.
            I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I hate buying an amp without it.
              I've had several reverb pedals that I prefer over the spring reverb in any amp I've owned.
              I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

I just noticed the OP has already mad the move, but I appreciate having seen this thread. I know what I'm going to do with that last spot on my board.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                  I just noticed the OP has already mad the move, but I appreciate having seen this thread. I know what I'm going to do with that last spot on my board.
                  Oh yeah....just noticed. Still, I just want a splash of verb all the time. Any old spring tank will do. When I need mega-epic-awesome reverb, we are going to a pedal or something.

FYI - my current fave recorded Reverb is Lady Gaga - Is That Alright? Listen to that cranked up. Serios effing ultra-high-end styling in the reverb department.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                    Buffered reverb.

Nailed it.
                    The Catalinbread Talisman offers a switchable (internally) buffered bypass so you can choose between buffered or true bypass. Plus, it is my favourite kind of reverb, plate.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeC27 View Post
                      The Catalinbread Talisman offers a switchable (internally) buffered bypass so you can choose between buffered or true bypass. Plus, it is my favourite kind of reverb, plate.
                      Plate is lovely. Much prefer it over spring, can't understand why it's so rare in pedals (comparatively). Though I've got my pedal set to hall and that's where it's gonna stay. It just works better with the music I'm playing.
                      --------------------------------------------------------
                      1973 Aria 551
                      1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
                      1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
                      1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
                      1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
                      1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
                      2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

The Polara I got is set to pretty wet plate reverb.

Comment

From what I can tell, at least to my ears, spring has more midrange and plate seems more even with a bit brighter top end.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                            I wonder if my wife hacked your account.
                            I know my wife was involved!! That's her with the chair every-time I mention a new piece of gear...

Are you running straight in to the amp through your pedal board, or is it in a dedicated FX loop? It makes a total difference.

Comment

I run it in the effects loop.

Comment

Working...
                              X