• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dear SD Designers. Please Make....

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    A Pedal called the Duncan ITL

ITL stands for "In the Loop"

This is a Multi-fx with the following:

Modulation, Delay, Reverb. You could use your current awesome algorithms!

Pedal works like this:

Signal: Input>Modulation>Send/rec for adding pedal>Delay>Reverb> Out
    Switchable for line/loop levels
    Delay has blend for front vs loop loading

Modulation: Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, Vibe, Vibrato - two or three variations of each
    Delay: Analog, Tape, Digital, Dotted 8ths, tap
    Reverb: Room, Hall, Plate, blah blah blah

All of this stuff Gated or not, tails or not.

150 user programmable spots.

Bonus for global EQ and boost at very end of chain.
    Totally agree -but instead of a pedal -make it a long skinny brick that can attached to the underside of a Marshall or Ampeg top with screws or the bottom of a Fender/Mesa etc and have a wireless pedal controller
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Dear SD Designers. Please Make....

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
      Why not to have double outputs and have it programmable/switchable to either?

One of those simple designs that no manufacturer seems to make... another is exp control for parameters
      The additional outputs is a tricky one. I would guess that if one cares about moving a pedal around, that may hold true for any pedal so something like a Boss ES-8 ends up being more practical that having dual input/outputs in all the pedals.

Exp control is always a treat. EHX has it quite often but not many others, you’re right.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        I have no doubt that multi-effects will get smaller and easier to incorporate into your rig. Using power supplies, effects in the loop, and effects in the front makes a mountain of cables and takes a bit to set up. And if something goes wrong (like, no sound), it could be any number of things. Not so fun if you are on stage.
        Not necessarily.

I have pedal board with 3 cables going to amp (send, return, input) + to guitar and two separate pedals on top with power cable from board and exp cable + power cable to board.

Thats 7 cables. They're always connected and I just coil them on top of the board in the bag when packing. Take couple of minutes to set all up.
        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
          The additional outputs is a tricky one. I would guess that if one cares about moving a pedal around, that may hold true for any pedal so something like a Boss ES-8 ends up being more practical that having dual input/outputs in all the pedals.

Exp control is always a treat. EHX has it quite often but not many others, you’re right.
          I meant that multi fx should have multiple in/outs to allow different routing of effects. Definitely no point in that for simple pedals
          "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
            Not necessarily.

I have pedal board with 3 cables going to amp (send, return, input) + to guitar and two separate pedals on top with power cable from board and exp cable + power cable to board.

Thats 7 cables. They're always connected and I just coil them on top of the board in the bag when packing. Take couple of minutes to set all up.
            I color code all of my cables and where they plug into. Takes all of the guess work out of the equation.

Comment

I use phaser in front of the OD
              I love it when people think outside the box with their signal chains.

Comment

There are fans of all sorts of things. Some want the whole signal from the unit into the front. Some want the signal split front and back. Some want to re-order. Some want an OD pedal and a delay in the loop - no multi or order!

So why is there not a "just swirl/repeat/reverb" for the loop box?
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                  I color code all of my cables and where they plug into. Takes all of the guess work out of the equation.
                  I just realized all my cables have different jacks so I've never really thought that Been bying them from various places one at time when needed.

Comment

A TC Electronic M350 or Lexicon MX300 should satisfy your needs. And they are super cheap too.

Comment

Is that for analog or digital? I’ve had no problems but I’ve only done OD/boosts.
                      Yeah, I've used the SD pedals consistently for several years now, traveled with them, and basically beat the crap out of them haha. Mine have all held up pretty well other than an occasional cracked control knob or something, but I've had that happen on every brand I've used *shrug*.

Comment

Working...
                      X