banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So my 15 year old Korg handheld metronome died . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my 15 year old Korg handheld metronome died . . .

. . . and I bought a Digitech Trio to replace it. Does the job surprisingly well, and has decent drum sounds (hell of a lot better than blipping, ticking, or the crappy drum sounds I've heard from other metronomes. Apparently it does other stuff too.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Re: So my 15 year old Korg handheld metronome died . . .

After 15 years you still need a metronome?

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

:P

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I use either an app on my phone or a 35 year old Seiko, which has this great woodblock sound, instead of a beep. If I put it under my leg, I can't hear it, but I can feel the speaker vibrate in time, so it doesn't get annoying to everyone else around me.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          I use either an app on my phone or a 35 year old Seiko, which has this great woodblock sound, instead of a beep. If I put it under my leg, I can't hear it, but I can feel the speaker vibrate in time, so it doesn't get annoying to everyone else around me.
          Plus you can crank it up to 200+ BPM and shift over if you're feeling frisky!

:P

Comment

In all honesty, this little trio pedal is pretty sweet. It's got a headphone out jack, so you can use it as a practice amp (I mean, you're not going to be blown away by the sound . . . but it's not bad). The chord recognition and autogenerated bass parts are much better than I had expected them to be (probably because I updated it to run the same software as the newer Trio plus). For 60$ used, this is pretty awesome!

Comment

I used a metronome when I first started playing, thing would put me to sleep before I could really reap the benefits of it. Had to stop using it.
              1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
              Jackson Soloist 7 string
              ESP LTD M-400
              Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

I still use mine for practice all the time.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I still use an old school German tabletop analog piano style metronome. It has two distinct advantages 1)you feel really cool as it ticks on the shelf between your leather bound books 2) the sweeping arm creates a player visualization that can help with slower rhythms that are hard to dial in with out subdividing the beat into annoying 8ths and 16ths etc...

other than that, there is literally no reason to use one other than I already own it.

this one to be exact

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-10-28 17.51.44.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	5817443

on the road, I just use a phone app or recording timeline software like a normal human.
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I only use a metronome to set my delays, which for me is a Time Bandit into the tap tempo input.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                      I still use an old school German tabletop analog piano style metronome. It has two distinct advantages 1)you feel really cool as it ticks on the shelf between your leather bound books 2) the sweeping arm creates a player visualization that can help with slower rhythms that are hard to dial in with out subdividing the beat into annoying 8ths and 16ths etc...

other than that, there is literally no reason to use one other than I already own it.

this one to be exact

[ATTACH=CONFIG]101724[/ATTACH]

on the road, I just use a phone app or recording timeline software like a normal human.
                      I have exactly that metronome in the basement somewhere. Even the box that says it was made in West Germany. :P

It makes only a 'tick-tick' sound though, which makes it pretty boring to use. Realistic drum sounds are way more fun to play to.

Comment

Working...
                      X