banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Can Haz Better Amp Toanz With Better Power Cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Can Haz Better Amp Toanz With Better Power Cable?

Makes me think about those "special tone control buttons" for a stereo, that cost a thousand dollars. The "laquer" that was applied to them, cost 200 dollars a bottle.

For a KNOB.

oh well.
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
      Hey guys, if I use this:

...as my amp power cable, I can haz better toanz?

Disclaimer: The above is meant for parody purposes only.

I picked up 7 of these cables

They're CLEARLY superior to your run-of-the-mill Mogami CorePlus or Platinum lines

The ones with odd serial numbers, though, are markedly better than the ones with even serial numbers, though I should clarify that the odds and evens seem to resonate / play better with different kinds of tonewoods, and the 20 amp cables work better with poly finishes while 15 ampers really let your nitro-finished axes breathe. The 20 ampers are more open, more airy when combined with vintage correct paper-in-oil caps, while the 15s really add some high-end sparkle when combined with NOS 300k Gibson pots. 9/11 was an inside job, and its all part of the Plandemic. Wake up sheeple. Play authentic.
      Gibson LP, Burstbucker 3 A6, 490R A4
      Gibson LP, Pearly Gates A6, Sentient A4
      Gibson LP BFG, Burstbucker A8, P90
      Gibson SG special T, GFS Crunchy Mini, Gibson mini A3
      Strat SSS, SD STK-6 , SSL1 middle, Bootstrap Sparkle Neck
      Strat HSS hardtail, Perpetual Burn A6, Bootstrap Sparkle mid/neck
      Tele, DMZ Area Hot T, Gibson Mini A3
      Tele, DMZ Pegasus A2, Gibson Mini A3
      Jackson V, SD Pegasus bridge, 490R A5
      PRS SE CU24: Air Norton A2, 490R A3

Comment

^^ def. keep in time with moon phases and other astrological issues too...

mine didn't sound well in march.
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Studded leather guitar straps....that's the secret, holy grail of tone. The more studs the better sustain and harmonics.

Comment

Screw the power cables, what you fellas need is to run balanced guitar signal on these XLR cables

Step back before you check the price:
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Who the **** is buying this useless ****?
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                It only takes one
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I personally prefer the tone of electric kettle cables left in hard rubbish awaiting collection from the nature strip.
                  Last edited by Animal; 05-09-2020, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zizyphus View Post
                    I picked up 7 of these cables

They're CLEARLY superior to your run-of-the-mill Mogami CorePlus or Platinum lines

The ones with odd serial numbers, though, are markedly better than the ones with even serial numbers, though I should clarify that the odds and evens seem to resonate / play better with different kinds of tonewoods, and the 20 amp cables work better with poly finishes while 15 ampers really let your nitro-finished axes breathe. The 20 ampers are more open, more airy when combined with vintage correct paper-in-oil caps, while the 15s really add some high-end sparkle when combined with NOS 300k Gibson pots. 9/11 was an inside job, and its all part of the Plandemic. Wake up sheeple. Play authentic.
                    I think in the Southern Hemisphere though, it probably would be the even serials that sounded better.
                    Provided, of course, that the wire strands were twisted counterclockwise for a reverse wind. That almost goes without saying.
                    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Comment

I can easily think of a dozen ways to use these things fueled by nothing but petty spite. There are some pretty "unique" uses for an asset with high value but next to no liquidity.
                        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
                          I think in the Southern Hemisphere though, it probably would be the even serials that sounded better.
                          Provided, of course, that the wire strands were twisted counterclockwise for a reverse wind. That almost goes without saying.
                          lol!!!

Comment

On a "serious" note-

I actually heard a big difference, when switching from a "no name" guitar cable, (that came with a broken no-name amp, from a garage sale)

to a Klotz , quality cable.

The "Klotz" was only 15 dollars. But the cheaper cable def. destroyed the tone.

Comment

Thanks for the link! I just bought one for my Marshall code 50.....
                              Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

It would be hilarious to install one of these for some rich dude, and in the meantime figure out a way to open his wall socket and show him the 14G solid core, 9 cents/inch wire carrying the power to his magnificent power cable. I imagine he'd have to do Monster cable all the way back to the main to ever sleep well again.

Larry

Comment

Working...
                                X