banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low volume bedroom amp with effects loop or built in looper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low volume bedroom amp with effects loop or built in looper?

I've been on the hunt for a good sounding low volume amp that has an effects loop or a built in looper for jamming with myself while the rest of the house sleeps. I currently have the katana 100 combo but it's kind of a pain to set up all my pedals and get plugged in. I'm considering the blackstar IDCORE 100, Spider V 60, mustang GT40, or anything else that meets the easy looping criteria and doesnt sacrifice too much tone. I've tried them all and I feel like the V 60 has the best sounding distortion at low volume, but that's at GC with everyone else playing so I was hoping for some feedback from owners and narrow down my choices.

Re: Low volume bedroom amp with effects loop or built in looper?

Take a look at the Peavey Classic 20 it is higher gain than people would expect. Don't let the tweed cover and the "classic' in the name fool you. The cleans are amazing and the amp is very feature rich. Channel switching, you can turn the loop on and off with the foot switch and incrediblly deep reverb. The built-in boost also nice. Bonus it has a headphone jack.

Comment

My Bugera G5 has a quiet 0.1 watt setting , when cranked at full volume a loud speaking voice can be heard over top of it.

It has an effects loop and a cabinet emulated headphone/line out

It has a line in for jam along

It needs a speaker cabinet plugged in or risk damaging the amp
      But leaving it in standby, the headphones out is active for dead silent playing

It doesn't have a built in looper

Some multieffects pedals will do that

Maybe that's what you want
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

The Peavey VIP 1 is a great sounding small amp with a looper. You have to buy the foot controller for it separately, however.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Engl Screamer 50 watt but you get great tones with low volume.
          Blackstar Ht models are ok there is 1 watt model too.. and you can go Fender Super-sonic 22 watt combo.
          https://www.youtube.com/arayadis

Comment

Roland xl40 has like 80 seconds of loop built in and it actually sounds great.
            Plus it can get pretty loud if you wanted it to.
            Line in, cleans, modeling tones... Not too shabby
            Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
              Take a look at the Peavey Classic 20 it is higher gain than people would expect. Don't let the tweed cover and the "classic' in the name fool you. The cleans are amazing and the amp is very feature rich. Channel switching, you can turn the loop on and off with the foot switch and incrediblly deep reverb. The built-in boost also nice. Bonus it has a headphone jack.

I have one of these with a Mojotone BV30H in a jet city cab. Cleans are not pure but very punchy. Gain channel controls are very interactive. Takes pedals on the clean channel incredibly well

Comment

Originally posted by AniML View Post
                I have one of these with a Mojotone BV30H in a jet city cab. Cleans are not pure but very punchy. Gain channel controls are very interactive. Takes pedals on the clean channel incredibly well
                True, I would not say the cleans are crystal like my JC120 or Fender Quad. There is definitely some color in there. Still a very pleasant tone and beyond useable.

Comment

Stop trying to give me Peavey Classic gas Bruce!!!
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I saw a classic 20 combo on GC used for a nice price
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Hotone Nano Legacy amp head.

I've got four of them...

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                      ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
                      ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        Stop trying to give me Peavey Classic gas Bruce!!!
                        Go play one I guarantee you walk out of the store with it. They do 80's grind right out of the box nice, right in your wheelhouse. Perfect volume for in-house practice and really bloom with a bigger cab.

Comment

Is this a better product than the Carvin Legacy Drive pedal? I was just wondering if you have tried out another brand?

Comment

Working...
                          X