Is the Fender S1 any realible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Fender S1 any realible?

I would like to try a mod in my superstrat: 2 volume knobs ala LesPaul for clean and rhythm but then I would like to engage the S1 switch to bypass the volume controls for max volume/tone during lead sound. My concern is being this a push button I wonder if those S1 break too easily? For example I use the 5 way pickup selector whitch in my guitar that is like 10 years old, I use it a lot and there is no sing of problem at all, I would hate to have an S1 to break after a few years. I would have considered a toggle switch but there is no room left for it.
    Who took my guitar?

Re: Is the Fender S1 any realible?

My S1 has been going for many gigs and rehearsals for over 5 years. It is really robust, and an elegant solution. I'd absolutely recommend it, even though it is expensive.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      My S1 has been going for many gigs and rehearsals for over 5 years. It is really robust, and an elegant solution. I'd absolutely recommend it, even though it is expensive.
      Thanks. Just double checking, whit these two items be enough for a Strat? It is weird to me they don't sell all is needed in a single pack.

Who took my guitar?

Comment

I’ve got it on two guitars, no issues thusfar.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
          Thanks. Just double checking, whit these two items be enough for a Strat? It is weird to me they don't sell all is needed in a single pack.

https://www.amazon.com.mx/Fender-Spl...4178709&sr=8-2
          That looks like all you'll need. I love this switch. I just wish it wasn't expensive.

Comment

Wow, I've never had a request for one of those and now I know why. I get the idea that they may be the only supplier but I can't imagine that they can sell any at that price...

But apparently they do or they would have dropped the price. Crazy

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
            What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Originally posted by zionstrat View Post
              Wow, I've never had a request for one of those and now I know why. I get the idea that they may be the only supplier but I can't imagine that they can sell any at that price...

But apparently they do or they would have dropped the price. Crazy

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
              Those are Mexican pesos by the way
              Who took my guitar?

Comment

Why not just use a push-pull?

Comment

The S1 works *so much better* than a push pull, which is a pain on Strats. It is a very elegant solution, where grabbing a Strat knob, getting your fingers under it to pull it is about the most inelegant movement you can make.

Comment

Originally posted by ragamuffin View Post
                    Way easier to use.
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I am redoing my pots in a 2008 Am STD Deluxe from 250k to 500k in order to brighten the tone up. It has the S-1 switch, and I just ordered a new S-1 in 500k from AmplifiedParts.com. $25, U.S. not including shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

lol yeah the whole package (knob, button and S-1 switch) is only about $35 from Amplified Parts/Tubesandmore.com (same company). Still more than a standard push/pull pot but I agree it is a VERY nice setup. I have one on my Deluxe Roadhouse Strat. OP's links are not in USD....

Comment

I've got an S1 on my Strat that's 10-15 years old and it works perfectly. Pretty expensive but if that is the best solution for your particular guitar, then it's worth the cost.
                          Originally Posted by IanBallard
                          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by ragamuffin View Post
                            It is gonna be a second volume knob for the brige, I have found myself in the past using a push-pull in the middle of the song I do turn the knob a little bit too, I want to avoid that.
                            Who took my guitar?

Comment

I think you'll like it WAY better than a push-pull. I've always thought push-pulls were rather awkward to operate.
                              Last edited by MakerDP; 11-22-2019, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X