Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
    Do you think that Christ saves?
    Not going there.

Comment

Re: The Well CXXIII: Arkitkt - Hard Hat Area

Originally posted by Arkitkt View Post
      Not going there.
      Ok fair nuffs,....

Do you spend your days in a Purple Haze?

Comment

What's the farthest north latitude you've ever been? And south?

If you could play any historical instrument for one day, which one would you choose?
        Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
        Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
          What's the farthest north latitude you've ever been? And south?

If you could play any historical instrument for one day, which one would you choose?
          North: Inverness, Scotland. Hitchhiking through the highlands in '89
          South: Big Island, Hawaii, visiting the in-laws.
          Come to think of it, that's actually pretty lame. Having kids kinda ruins your travel plans.

Historical Instrument: Not sure if it would be considered "historical", but I'd love to get my hands on Gilmour's black strat for a while. I'm not even sure if I would want to play it, since I wouldn't do it justice.

Comment

Did you like the taste of Crystal Pepsi?

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
              Did you like the taste of Crystal Pepsi?
              I actually had to look that up. Never tried it, but then I hardly ever drink soda anyway.

Comment

which country, or region has the worst german accents? did you worry about the russians invading germany when you were young? who was your favorite german speaking musicians, falco, kraftwerk, giorgio moroder or nena

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

• Who's your favorite comedian?

• What do you do when a homeless person asks you for money?

• What's the worst movie you've ever seen and why didn't you like it?

Comment

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
                    which country, or region has the worst german accents? did you worry about the russians invading germany when you were young? who was your favorite german speaking musicians, falco, kraftwerk, giorgio moroder or nena

- Accents: German Accents or Dialects are an interesting subject. Considering that Germany was united as one country only in 1871, the local dialects were and still are very diverse. For example, a person from the southern end of Bavaria and a guy from the northern coast might have some problem communicating, although these issues are largely disappearing since people nowadays are more likely to move around to seek job opportunities. The worst I ever heard was an old farmer from the coastal region close to Kiel. Couldn't understand a word he was saying.

- Not really. Having the Russians only 100 miles away was just a fact of life that we were used to. We were more nervous when politicians on our side were seemingly getting a little trigger-happy in the 80's (and I'll leave it at that).

- Musicians: Definitely Kraftwerk. They were decades ahead of their time. I still listen to them every now and then. Falco was good (very funny lyrics), Moroder was OK (not my style), Nena was just bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Great_Kazoo View Post
                      • Who's your favorite comedian?

• What do you do when a homeless person asks you for money?

• What's the worst movie you've ever seen and why didn't you like it?

- Jon Stewart. The man is absolutely brilliant. Very smart, very quick. I'm also a big fan of Monty Python.

- I usually give them something.

- The absolute worst was some foreign movie (in Farsi, subtitled). I didn't understand a thing. I still give my wife crap for making me watch that. Apart from that, I usually find something positive in most movies I watch.

Comment

As another guy who was born in Germany, but lives here (Stuttgart) I gotta ask: Did you get Dual CItizenship? Have you been back to see where you're from? I haven't made it back (mostly because I keep having kids, they do change your vacation planning, don't they?)

Comment

Originally posted by daan View Post
                          As another guy who was born in Germany, but lives here (Stuttgart) I gotta ask: Did you get Dual CItizenship? Have you been back to see where you're from? I haven't made it back (mostly because I keep having kids, they do change your vacation planning, don't they?)
                          I guess my situation is a little different. I moved from Germany to Virginia in '99. My whole family (Mom, 3 sisters, 1 brother, etc.) is still living there. and we go back just about every other year. We were there last summer for my little brother's wedding and caught almost the whole world cup while we were there. It was epic.
                          I still maintain my German citizenship. I'm planning to get dual eventually, but the immense paperwork has kept me from doing it so far.
                          My kids love going back with us, mostly to meet their cousins. It's expensive, but totally worth it.

Comment

I was SUPPOSED to have dual citizenship, but my Dad thought for some reason, he'd have to pay taxes in Germany and the USA, so he canceled it when they moved back. (Actually, he cancelled ALL my citizenship, so I wasn't a citizen ANYWHERE until I tried going to college, and they wouldn't let me in because of my citizenship status. Grr. And I was told that I could have reinstated it, but only if I had turned my paperwork in prior to 1981... I tried, but "immense paperwork" is exactly what was going on. Good thing I never got deported...

Comment

Originally posted by daan View Post
                              I was SUPPOSED to have dual citizenship, but my Dad thought for some reason, he'd have to pay taxes in Germany and the USA, so he canceled it when they moved back. (Actually, he cancelled ALL my citizenship, so I wasn't a citizen ANYWHERE until I tried going to college, and they wouldn't let me in because of my citizenship status. Grr. And I was told that I could have reinstated it, but only if I had turned my paperwork in prior to 1981... I tried, but "immense paperwork" is exactly what was going on. Good thing I never got deported...
                              Great job your dad did there. :-)

We were in Stuttgart last summer. My sister lives close by there (Tuebingen) and my Brother in law works for the US Army in Schoenaich (also close by). Great place, especially if you're a car-guy, with both the Mercedes and the Porsche-museum there. Grab the family and go. Euro is down right now.

Comment

asleep and dreaming
                                could do or be anything money is no object neither is common sense or the laws of physics ( and of course the Shania Rule )
                                go

ever eat
                                an oyster
                                a booger
                                a grasshopper

three persons living or dead you'd like to have a 5 min conversation with and why
                                EHD
                                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                                X