banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you don't even need to try (it just happens) (because you're just that good)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you don't even need to try (it just happens) (because you're just that good)...

Last edited by dpaterson; 02-02-2019, 02:43 PM.

Re: When you don't even need to try (it just happens)...

THAT is a VOICE!!! Watch what she does with the mic. Must have been a FOH tech's. nightmare. That is POWER man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
      THAT is a VOICE!!! Watch what she does with the mic. Must have been a FOH tech's. nightmare. That is POWER man!!!
      More like a sound tecs DREAM!! She knows her voice and what power it has saves the sound guy a lot of grief by moving that mic. Girl is a real pro and has serious pipes!!!
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
        More like a sound tecs DREAM!! She knows her voice and what power it has saves the sound guy a lot of grief by moving that mic.
        Never thought about it that way (what I know about vocals is dangerous unfortunately).

I never knew she existed until I was scouring the Internet for a backing track for the song some time ago and she popped up on YouTube. Blows my mind every time I watch it. Absolutely effortless. Cannot say her usual stuff does it for me unfortunately. Not because it’s not good. Just not my genre.

Comment

Re: When you don't even need to try (it just happens) (because you're just that good)

nice, but nothing beats the one and only LEONE!

Comment

Re: When you don't even need to try (it just happens) (because you're just that good)

She's still got it.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
              She's still got it.
              To whom are you referring???

Comment

MAN. That kicked ass.
                aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

That was great, and yes, she knows exactly what she is doing with the mic.

She's a country artist so if don't follow country music you probably haven't heard of her.

Comment

To whom are you referring???
                    Leather Leone.

Comment

I’m not sure who is referring to who here. I make the assumption the compliments are going to Gretchen and not that other abrasive noise??? LOL!!!

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                      That was great, and yes, she knows exactly what she is doing with the mic.

She's a country artist so if don't follow country music you probably haven't heard of her.
                      You I know to whom you’re referring of course.

Yeh. I went to go look see at some of her other stuff again earlier today. Sorry that I did. There’s a very recent video of her being interviewed after some or the other arrest. At first I thought they were interviewing another Gretchen Wilson. Alas not. Don’t even wanna post the link here. Man has she “changed”. Even since 2016 let alone since the video I posted.

Country I have some!!! LOL!!! Limited I will admit to the soundtrack of a movie called “Convoy”!!! LOL!!! Good stuff on there. “Okie From Muskogee” one of my favs.!!! LOL!!!
                      Last edited by dpaterson; 02-03-2019, 12:51 PM.

Comment

not that other abrasive noise??? LOL!!!
                        man, I thought you were into floyds and 80s and that we were friends hehe just kidding man, great voice has this young lady.

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
                          man, I thought you were into floyds and 80s and that we were friends
                          I am. And we are!!! LOL!!!

Yeh. Good 'ol Leather Leone there didn't do it for me!!! LOL!!! Sorry. If it had been a different song, one that I'd not heard before and therefore gotten used to over the DECADES, then maybe.

Seems like "Barracuda" has had a bad effect on some (maybe I should remove it from my proposed set list just in case). Seen Ann Wilson lately??? (I know: I'm unfair, sexist, and uncouth) (unashamedly though).

Then again: these two are not alone. Seen Ms. Amy Lee lately??? LOL!!! (Made worse in her case by the constant re-releasing and re-hashing of the same 'ol same 'ol songs and supposed "new" albums when your were SOOO good) (and what a waste).

Oh and while I'm being nasty: seen Tarja Turunen lately??? Alright. At least she still looks good. But man: the way she moves on stage now makes me want to absolutely cringe.
                          Last edited by dpaterson; 02-04-2019, 02:38 AM.

Comment

ehhmmm did you see my age on member info .... cough cough .....

Comment

ehhmmm did you see my age on member info .... cough cough ..... LOL!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X