banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you owned any pedals more than once?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you owned any pedals more than once?

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    OT, but how close was a Foxy Lady to a Big Muff?
    It was a rebranded Big Muff. Even said Electro Harmonix on the circuit board.

The older Foxy Lady was a two knob distortion from EHX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had one of the "version 1" MXR Wylde Overdrives that I LOVED and I still have no idea what compelled me to sell it. I bought one of the later versions that had different knobs and all that, and it seemed to be built so much cheaper, didn't sound as good as I remembered and then the switch broke and I just threw it out in disappointment. Not sure if I'll buy another since I have my eyes on other overdrives and I have a perfectly good TS already.

Another that I may own again soon is a Russian Big Muff. I had a black box as my very first effect pedal, and it didn't sound like Slash so I returned it, and here I am years later wishing I had it now that I know its applications better. Oh, to be young and dumb.
      Originally posted by Rockstar216
      Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

Originally posted by Nacho8807 View Post
        Another that I may own again soon is a Russian Big Muff. I had a black box as my very first effect pedal, and it didn't sound like Slash so I returned it, and here I am years later wishing I had it now that I know its applications better. Oh, to be young and dumb.
        I had a green Russian Big Muff. I didn’t like it. Didn’t have that smooth tone like my old one. I eventually sold it for more than I bought it for. Lol. It was mint, and I still had the wooden crate it came in. Funny how we all like what we like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Boss SD-1.

Had one, sold it because it was just a tad too quiet and didn't reach unity gain with hot pickups. Made my OCD click, so I got rid of. I recently realized it sounded killer, and that it doesn't really matter if it's a tad quiet since it's getting lots of gain dropped on top of, so I got another one. Honestly, might do the same about the Duncan 805 I sold a few weeks ago, LOL.
          Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 05-08-2019, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacho8807 View Post
            I had one of the Green ones in a wood box and never cared all that much for it. I have one of the new EH reissues and it sounds light years better than the old one, but it's pretty much a dedicated bass fuzz for the band now. I much prefer my stomp under foot civil war muff.

Comment

Totally, sonic maximizer. I instantly regretted selling and got it back. Line 6 POD I sold and bought back. I did it with an amp before, A Fender M80. Oh yea, been there a bunch.

Comment

An original Fender Blender. Stolen in 1972. Years later, bought a second one. Stolen. (Won't buy another one!)

My original VOX Wah was stolen in 1972. I replaced it with a Thomas Organ Cry Baby. I've also acquired a modern CB Classic, and a newish VOX Clyde McCoy, but the old Thomas is the one I use.

I have at least two Boss DD-3s around. I have a Carbon Copy original, and a new CC Bright.

I have an old blue MXR 10-Band EQ that I used with my old SUNN Solos II 212 combo, and I bought a second one years ago for a backup. And then acquired a new foot switchable model to use with my Taylor acoustic, but I could never get the warmth out of the Taylor I wanted, even with the MXR.

I've replaced my ailing Boss PH-1r Phasor with a PH-3. Like the 1r better. Replaced a TU-2 with a TU-3, and now I've bought the WAZA version.

And I've acquired several SNARK Super Tight tuners and Korg CA-30s. I tend to acquire stuff and hang on to it. And if I like it, I'll buy multiples, if I have a need.

Bill
                When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
                X