Pedal sound like jcm800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal sound like jcm800

Any pedal tone and sound Characteristic like jcm800 aggresive?

Re: Pedal sound like jcm800

1. A stock JCM 800 is not a very aggressive amp by todays standards, nor were they ever really meant to be ultra high gain. Where they excel is in dynamics and headroom. But without a "kick in the nuts" they´re actually pretty tame.

2. No, such a pedal does not exist AFAIK, or I´d be using it instead of my head and 4x12 for quieter settings
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I seem to recall that Marshall "Jackhammer" pedal reminded me a lot of 800 tone... Not that I ever owned one, and it would have been running through my Marshall...
      *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
      Originally posted by Slash2987
      Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
      Originally posted by PVFan
      I'm a good sex man.
      Originally posted by Grumpy
      I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

M.I. Audio Crunchbox will do a good job at Marshall tones.
        Originally posted by tone4days
        we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

Carl Martin PlexiTone

Don't be fooled by the name - it has plenty of aggression on tap!

Comment

This marshall pedal says it does jcm 800 and the 2000...

Jackhammer Metal X-L

Comment

JCM800 is a wide term to use!!
              Which one???

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
                1. A stock JCM 800 is not a very aggressive amp by todays standards, nor were they ever really meant to be ultra high gain. Where they excel is in dynamics and headroom. But without a "kick in the nuts" they´re actually pretty tame.

2. No, such a pedal does not exist AFAIK, or I´d be using it instead of my head and 4x12 for quieter settings

Ya i was shocked how clean my JCM800 is and it has had a gain mod!!! My favourite player that uses a JCM 800 is Canadian Kim Mitchell and he pushes his with a Boss Blues Driver and a Boss Compressor here and there as well as a Chorus and sometimes delay. All his stuff is stock and the JCM 800 50 watter goes into a 4x12 with greenbacks..

In the course of a show he gets extreme solos, nice cleans, and spacey sounds.... And his rythym crunch is nice.... I hope to get the same sounds oneday... i have the strat with PAF like humbuckers and an old 50 watt 800.... now i need the cab and turn my 800 back to stock

Comment

Originally posted by The Golden Boy View Post
                  I seem to recall that Marshall "Jackhammer" pedal reminded me a lot of 800 tone... Not that I ever owned one, and it would have been running through my Marshall...
                  i had one it's mudd to me. but the marshall character it's awesome

i like it.

jackhammer = jackhammer metal x-l?

carl martin? cruch box?
                  which one?

Comment

I've never heard a Plexitone, but the most Marshall-like pedal I've ever heard was a modded BOSS DS-1.
                    Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                    Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                    Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

I use 3 pedals that can coax a pretty decent "kinda 800 tone"......Marshall Jackhammer,CM Plexitone,and my own modded DS1.....The JH does it pretty well and is a pedal reasonably priced....The DS1 is ok,but at times seems just a bit fuzzy at higher drive settings,but not too shabby for a modded $40 pedal..

I get great tone and incredible sustain with my Plexitone,but it's pricier,but you get what you pay for!
                      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

+1 on the MI Audio Crunch Box.
                        it has that aggressive marshall character.
                        great little dist box -- reasonablably priced too, so it won't hurt to try it!

Comment

A Carl Martin Plexitone will totally get you where you want to go. In fact I have one for sale right now. I'm only selling it because I need money to get my Vibrolux Reverb out of the store (it's on layaway). This pedal rocks!http://cgi.ebay.com/Carl-Martin-Plex...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

MI Audio Crunchbox for sure, can't go wrong for $109.

Cheers,

CJ
                            www.myspace.com/cjreaper

Comment

Well the Crush Zone we make is an aggresive Brit voiced disto.....the Plexi is more oldschool.

Comment

Working...
                              X