Pedal sound like jcm800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pedal sound like jcm800

The guvnor did really well. It get about as close as I have heard in a pedal. The crunch channel on the jackhammer pedal was good as well but I liked the guvnor better.
    Peavey Wolfgang(USA) EBMM pickups
    Meanstreet Exile (Wolfgang Copy) evh set
    Sterling AX40 stock (Fender Wolfgang bridge/AN neck)
    Epiphone LP Special w/JB
    Rouge P Bass SD Quarter Pounders
    Epiphone Acoustic with seymour woody
    1984 Marshall JCM 800 4010 Voodoo Modded w/EVH Greenback
    Peavey 6505+ combo

Comment

Originally posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
      The guvnor did really well. It get about as close as I have heard in a pedal. The crunch channel on the jackhammer pedal was good as well but I liked the guvnor better.

I Own a Guv'nor also,but I Like the JH better because it covers the 800 territory and beyond with it's extra modern style gain...I don't need more gain than a JCM 800,but the JH has it for those singing Santana style leads...I use mine basically for a kinda 800 crunch tone and it works really well in my setup.
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by teddybear View Post
        Any pedal tone and sound Characteristic like jcm800 aggresive?
        Next-Generation Guitar Pedal Effects, Designed and Built in the USA

Or one of the DS-1 mods that some forum guys do. Fairly righteous Marshall-tone-in-a-box, and pretty cheap, even when modded.

With the gain turned all the way down, it's an outrageous FAT boost.

YMMV

Also try an OCD

Cheers
        Asteroids do not concern me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Golden Boy View Post
          I seem to recall that Marshall "Jackhammer" pedal reminded me a lot of 800 tone... Not that I ever owned one, and it would have been running through my Marshall...
          I would say the Jackhammer, Tonebone Hot British and maybe the SFX-03 can do a bit of it. Close is a matter of taste. So if that exact tone is what you are looking for you need a very loud amp.

Comment

Originally posted by drpietrzak View Post
            I would say the Jackhammer, Tonebone Hot British and maybe the SFX-03 can do a bit of it. Close is a matter of taste. So if that exact tone is what you are looking for you need a very loud amp.
            There's like a gazillion pedals out and avaliable to us! Sometimes it stifles the ability to pick something!
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

And then the new ultrahardcoremegaplexi800jcmblah blah more better ...better...bestest...more real components...due bypass mojo pots, voodoo parts induced special optics...well.....
              And in the end the amp and speakers decides if it is really is something!

Comment

Lol haha Rid ffs

The Jackhammer is pretty good. Mine that is modded though is the best JCM800 in a box I have tried so far

But like Rid says its the amp that sets the pace.

The Jackhammer in direct recording sounds very good, clarity is preserved etc.

Jackhammer infront of my ENGL Screamer on the other hand, is just mud and they just dont work together

Comment

To hear a great clip of the crunch box, better than on the MI Audio website, listen to this!

Comment

+10 on the MI Audio Crunchbox. Great pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid View Post
                      And then the new ultrahardcoremegaplexi800jcmblah blah more better ...better...bestest...more real components...due bypass mojo pots, voodoo parts induced special optics...well.....
                      And in the end the amp and speakers decides if it is really is something!
                      LOL....feel better now, Niels? that sounded like something that's been buildin' up for some time now.... ....lol J/K!!

But seriously, I'm a big fan of the CM Plexitone that holds the #1 spot on my board for boost/dist especially when I play with humbuckers. I use my TS-9, when playing Strat single coils, for the tone I like. Whether playing through a Marshall head or a Fender blackface, the Plexi really produces some seriously sweet but powerful crunched up distortion or some primo cleans with all the classic Marshall sound. It increases sustain to a point where it trails off into a cloud of feedback with a little crank of the volume knob.

BUT, with all this talk about Jackhammer's and Crunchbox's I find I have just felt one of those old familiar pains I feel after reading some reviews on stuff like the ones in this thread.

g.a.s. anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon_F View Post
                        Ditto that Great pedal for Marshall tone.

And, as Rid stated, be sure to have some Marshally speakers... in my opinion, greenbacks are dakind
                        My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Here is a song that I did with my Plexitone: Les Paul, Plexitone
                          ... and here's another LP, PT
                          Last edited by Stevo; 02-24-2007, 01:39 PM.
                          My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Originally posted by midnite_man View Post
                            LOL....feel better now, Niels? that sounded like something that's been buildin' up for some time now.... ....lol J/K!!

LOL naah I dont blame him.. You should see the guys here in Denmark. If it isnt from Fulltone, T-rex or some other "boutique" builder with true bypass etc it obviously sucks all your tone and cannot sound good.

Comment

Nothing to do with that!
                              It has just become a jungle these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid View Post
                                Nothing to do with that!
                                It has just become a jungle these days.
                                Hehe okay sorry bro.

Still we do agree on the T-rex thingy.

Comment