X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FS/T Fender Tom Delonge Strat 500$

Originally posted by greco View Post
    Jeff.....Would you like more of us to do this?
    It would seem to me that it is a good idea, but I'd like to know that you "want"/agree to several of us doing this.

Good Luck bro.

Sorry that such a cool gift idea didn't work out.

Dave
    Sorry Jeff, I already did last night, should've waited for your opinion like Greco, but I'm sure I'm not the only one, and I probably wont be the last.
    "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by greco View Post
      Jeff.....Would you like more of us to do this?
      It would seem to me that it is a good idea, but I'd like to know that you "want"/agree to several of us doing this.

Good Luck bro.

Sorry that such a cool gift idea didn't work out.

Dave
      I think its a great idea and I'm really glad that you guys want to help out. I appreciate all your efforts. I just got home from work and I will be calling his house all night long.

Comment

Update, he sent me a tracking number. Woohoo! Of course it was 5 days late and shipped ground instead of 2 day. But he shipped something. Of course, it could be a box of rocks. I'll let you guys know when it arrives. Thanks to all of you for all your help and support.

Comment

well that's kool. looking forward to the update when the box of rocks gets there.

Rock On!
          ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
          2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
          Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Originally posted by Kac View Post
            well that's kool. looking forward to the update when the box of rocks gets there.

Rock On!
            Come on, give the little turd burgler the benfit of the doubt. It's probably a 25" long rectangular block of wood nailed to a body-sized chunk of wood.
            "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post
              Come on, give the little turd burgler the benfit of the doubt. It's probably a 25" long rectangular block of wood nailed to a body-sized chunk of wood.

25.5 even

if it gets there alright,

dusklose deserves several apologies
              Originally posted by drew_half_empty
              what the hell ever happened to rock & roll being loud & brash & pinning you to the wall behind you?

Comment

Originally posted by Stratovarious View Post

if it gets there alright,

dusklose deserves several apologies

Not really. He had the guy waiting and didn't even give him the satisfaction of following up regularly. $500 and no axe, no communication...well that's uncool. I'm glad he finally sent something. He should be apologizing to the buyer for any miscommunication, not replying with "as I said" like some kinda of diss. So like I was saying, he doesn't derserve any apology, lol.

There's my 2 cents.
                2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
                1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Wow, man. This doesn't look good. Did you have goot communication with this guy before you sent the MO?

Edit: oops! sorry I only saw the first page n thought that was the only...

Comment

Originally posted by Farkus View Post

Not really. He had the guy waiting and didn't even give him the satisfaction of following up regularly. $500 and no axe, no communication...well that's uncool. I'm glad he finally sent something. He should be apologizing to the buyer for any miscommunication, not replying with "as I said" like some kinda of diss. So like I was saying, he doesn't derserve any apology, lol.

There's my 2 cents.
                    I sold something online (maybe here, dont remember) and I got a call that my Grandmother was put in the hospital in Phoenix (I am in birmingham, AL)
                    I left on a plane the next day (when I was supposed to be shipping the item within a couple of days) I sent off an email or a PM (dont remember) letting the buyer know the situation. They were very understanding. I sent the item about a week late, but at least they knew what was going on.
                    I am not going to say there would never be a situation where I wouldnt be able to send an email, but those situations are extremely rare. The only way he really deserves apologies is if we found out that we only had part of the story and he really did communicate and we just werent told. so............
                    Originally posted by MikeS
                    a "career" of playing sold-out bedroom shows to the posters on my wall.
                    Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
                    whats becoming of this generation
                    We want to listen to music while we mow the lawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Reload in 5 View Post
                      I sold something online (maybe here, dont remember) and I got a call that my Grandmother was put in the hospital in Phoenix (I am in birmingham, AL)
                      I left on a plane the next day (when I was supposed to be shipping the item within a couple of days) I sent off an email or a PM (dont remember) letting the buyer know the situation. They were very understanding. I sent the item about a week late, but at least they knew what was going on.
                      I am not going to say there would never be a situation where I wouldnt be able to send an email, but those situations are extremely rare. The only way he really deserves apologies is if we found out that we only had part of the story and he really did communicate and we just werent told. so............

I've got all the emails. I'd be glad to post them. All he needed to do was email me about his family problems and I would have understood. ( BTW I don't for a second believe the family stories) But I would have cut him some slack. It was just a string of stalling and avoidance.

Comment

PM sent to dusklose

Requested that he write (in this thread) an apology and full explanation as to his lack of communication and his actions related to this transaction.

Jeff...Hope the guitar arrives soon, and very well packaged.

Dave
                        Originally posted by JOLLY
                        I got some lake front property in the desert. How much money you got?

Comment

Originally posted by stratomaster View Post
                          I've got all the emails. I'd be glad to post them. All he needed to do was email me about his family problems and I would have understood. ( BTW I don't for a second believe the family stories) But I would have cut him some slack. It was just a string of stalling and avoidance.
                          I'm with you there Jeff. Usually, when you have a deal going, is something causes it to stall, a reasonable person they will at least shoot off one e-mail quickly explaining the situation. In today's world we have endless sources of communication; text, forum, e-mail, IM, even the PHONE! I'm sure Dusklose would've used one of these resources to communicate had the stories been true. Most that get tied up and are good about it will give constant communication with updates, so the full story is known and timeline can be formed.

I want to know, did you get a hold of him by phone? Did you speak to his parents? I know for a fact my mom would FLIP on me if I tried to pull some b/s like that.

Good luck, can't wait to hear about the plain, nailed together blocks of wood.

Comment

Originally posted by stratomaster View Post
                            Nah, I was trying to put some sarcasm into my post. As in, well never see any proof that he sent any emails. Didnt work though. Forgot the [sarcasm] tag.
                            Originally posted by Fender_Punk
                            Good luck, can't wait to hear about the plain, nailed together blocks of wood.
                            come on, it will be Squier bullet special. You know, the plywood single pickup thing.
                            Originally posted by MikeS
                            a "career" of playing sold-out bedroom shows to the posters on my wall.
                            Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
                            whats becoming of this generation
                            We want to listen to music while we mow the lawn.

Comment

On a more positive note, these Delonge's are great guitars and IMO very underrated and poo-poo'd due to the name association.

The only thing on the entire guitar that indicates it's a sig or a Delonge, is the cheezy Tom Delonge name engraved on the neck plate, which can be replaced with a $5 part and the twist of 4 screws. Otherwise it's a regular Deluxe model Mexican strat with some cool features that are otherwise unavailible, such as:

Large CBS 70's style headstock
                              Hard tail
                              Surf colors
                              Medium jumbo frets

These are great for hot rodding too, I've modded two of them myself.

Comment

You've got excellent taste in gear, TC, I've been drooling over the Surf Green/Pearloid Delonge one for years, drooool......

Comment

Working...
                                X