banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kahler Are they / Were they coming back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler Are they / Were they coming back?

Seems like every time i hear about kahler they're going back to making trems again... but it's been almost 2 years since i initially started hearing this stuff - does anyone have a solid answer? what's up with kahler?
    Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.

I keep hearing that it's gonna be full on in May..

nothing official or anything .. just what I keep hearing through the wine vine.
    "She wanted nothing ... and I delivered.."

Comment

Ive heard by the end of the year, but thats just word in a guitar shop....
      Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
      Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
      Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
      Crate VC-3112
      Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
      Fender Bassman 60

Comment

Why did they quit making them in the first place? Some type of buyout?

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY
          i think they went bust.
          "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I'd say Floyd Rose put them under.

Notice nobody was making any LIC by Kahler trems.

I've always thought the "O" floyd was a much better piece of equipment. some say the Kahler sounds better .. I dont agree .. but would be cool to see them make a comeback.
            "I don't care if you boo .. just boo in key!" JH

Pups ~> duncan ~ WCR ~ VOODOO by Peter Florance!

Guitars ~> Gibson ~ G&L ~ Guild ~ Fender ~ ESP ~ Heritage

Comment

that would be awesome if kahler came back.

shred anyone??

Comment

I shred...sortof. I'm to young to know about any other FR than the orig. and all the licenced ones. I know Kahler makes a bass bridge. I saw it on warmoth.com.
                Sonic the Hedgehog blows my mind!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY
                  They were sued by Fender / Floyd Rose over the Steeler and (almost totally obscure) Killer Trems
                  Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I thought it was kinda funny that fender was part of that lawsuit.. I realize they owned FR at that point.. but the steeler's used to come stock on the HM strats.

in that same lineup was the spyder and the killer. nice metal names.

it looks like they're gearing up the website.

Kahler International builds the top Guitar and Bass Tremolos in the world. Made in the USA. Beware of counterfeits, buy a genuine Kahler!
                    "I don't care if you boo .. just boo in key!" JH

Pups ~> duncan ~ WCR ~ VOODOO by Peter Florance!

Guitars ~> Gibson ~ G&L ~ Guild ~ Fender ~ ESP ~ Heritage

Comment

kahlers are basically a hardtail strat bridge and a floyd rolled into one....it does sound better and sustain better......also....anyone can route it onto their guitars.....kahler=time saver=cost efficient since it's easy to route the cavities
                      Guitars:
                      87' Gibson Les Paul Custom- Stock PUs
                      86' Carvin V220- Super distortion neck, tonezone bridge....
                      87' Cort Unknown Model, Modded- Dimarzio Super Distortion Bridge with Alnico V mag.

Amp:
                      Bogner Ecstasy-stock Tubes
                      Marshall JMP 50 watt- stock Tubes
                      Fender Deluxe 90-Solid State..:-P

Comment

I wouldn't say the original Kahler was like a hardtail strat or like a Floyd. It was more like a Bigsby, not in looks, but in concept. It had stationary roller saddles, and an independent tailpiece that pivoted to release or increase tension.
                        This machine kills fascists

Comment

OK, maybe with some imagination, the saddles do make it kinda look like a strat hardtail:

This machine kills fascists

Comment

That's some great news!

So here comes the next question - Where are we gonna be able to get them?
                            Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.

Comment

Thatīs great news. It is said that there were some 300 000 trems made, and syddenly there were no spare parts! And the Kahler trems are often said to be real good. Jim Shine on the FDP, he knows a lot about elecric guitars, prefer the Kahlers before Floyds.

Comment

Working...
                              X