• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I've experienced a "Blackout"!

Originally posted by Ang3lus View Post
    wow, parallel axis actives
    those would be in one of my axes for sure
    he was saying they might make more varieties of the blackouts, not that they would be PA active models.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
      Thanks for that review. We're still trying to get them out there in April. But April is looming....

You may have seen them in stores and catalogs, but that's just for pre-orders. They're not out yet.

Unfortunately, they'll be available in any color you want, as long as it's black.

At this point, we're only planning on making these Blackouts models. But if Blackouts turn out to be a success, it might be like the Parallel Axis series where we start with an "Original" and then add more "flavors."

BTW, the 7-string version you played is the only one in existence at the moment. We haven't even decided for sure if we're going to make a 7-string version.

Thanks again for the cool review.
      Thanks for your kind words, Evan.

Wow, I feel so fortunate to have played a pickup that almost no one has heard! I would be crushed if the 7-string version doesn't come out. I've already been spoiled by it. Evan, please make the 7-string "Blackout" happen!
      I'm already in the process of converting all my guitars from the EMG-81/60's over to a pair of Duncan "Blackout" AHB1-B's.
      Last edited by Darth Nihilus; 03-25-2007, 12:06 AM.

Comment

what ??
        the 60 is such a good pickup ;[
        it's like an active pearly gates for neck

Comment

The 60 is my favorite active neck pup but since Duncan isn't making a pup like that one right now, I'll use two of the Blackouts that sound like an 81.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
            Unfortunately, they'll be available in any color you want, as long as it's black.

black chrome, i presume?
            Originally posted by Aceman
            It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Another innovation from the SD Company.
              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
              https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

if you guys like the emg 60's so much just leave them in there and use the new blackout bridge....there is no dilema...they both use 25k pots soooo....i dont see the problem.....the blackout bridge will take care of the tone and dynamics lost in the 81 and everyone can still keep there emg 60's....soo everyones happy....you dont have to abandon your precious 60's or emg completely

Comment

I could certainly leave my EMG-60's in but the problem I see is the same problem my friend Alex (Uva Instruments) had when he paired it up with a EMG-707 in the neck position. Since the "Blackout" is more powerful than the 707, the tone one normally gets in the middle position (which I love to use a lot) was pretty much gone. The Duncan overpowered the 707 so much that it was almost impossible to hear a difference between the bridge position and the middle position. This is why I'll try the "Blackout" in both positions on my guitars. If these pups are anything like the 7-string version I tried, I'll still be most satisfied. If Duncan decides to put out a "Blackout" similar to the EMG- 60, then I'll get them.
                  Last edited by Darth Nihilus; 03-26-2007, 02:08 AM.

Comment

what did the middle position sound like with both the blackouts?

Comment

Couldn't tell you since my friend only had one. But I would imagine it'll be similar to the tone I get with both of my EMG-707's in the middle position due to the fact that the power between both of them are the same and one won't overpower the other. We'll see.

Comment

i cant wait til they come out so we can all hear them in our own guitars and give decent feedback

Comment

i was just looking through an AMS catalog i got in the mail, and it shows a picture of the blackouts. looks like they have just a black plastic cover, not black chrome as i expected (b/c of the mustaines). im thrilled about this, i may hold off on buying a new pickup for my V till these are out.
                          Originally posted by Aceman
                          It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

i hope they rip like every other seymour duncan pickup cause i generally dont like the tone i hear when people play emg's...i donno why....the harmonics rule though...i am going to buy a set though im to amp'd not too...this site really knows how to get people excited

Comment

Well, if you don't like the tone of EMG's then you probably won't care for the Blackouts either. The Blackouts have that EMG type tone but with a greater dynamic range, less compression, more gain and quieter.

Comment

actually i like it when zakk wylde uses emgs....i heard this guy play at a BBQ once he had a esp viper and some stack...it just sounded crappy...maybe it was the amp, but now i just have that crappy tone in my head. but i do have jcm 800 at my house....its my brothers but i use it all the time....and i want to try out these pickups, 21 day return policy? hell yea!

Comment

Working...
                                X