Get Yer Custom Shop Crazy 8!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Yer Custom Shop Crazy 8!!!

Here is some more information about the “Crazy 8” forum pickup. Seymour and MJ picked the name.

Magnet: Alnico 8.

Bobbins: Parallel Axis Trembucker or Humbucker.

Wind: Around 13.5K

Cable: Four-conductor.

Logo: “Seymour Duncan.”

Price: $115.00 FOB Santa Barbara, California 93111 USA. Forum members who live in the EU have different rules.

Shipping: We ship by UPS. No other shipping services are available. To estimate your approximate shipping charges, click here. Two pickups equal around one pound. If you are outside the USA, keep in mind that shipping charges can easily be over $50. We only charge actual UPS shipping charges, no handling. Again, EU members have different rules.

SDUGF Members Who Live in the EU: Because of the RoHS Directive, we cannot ship directly into EU. It’s very complicated and I don’t want to get into it here. Bottom line: your price per pickup will be $125, but that will include your freight, duty and customs to get the pickup into your country. You'll save significantly on freight charges because your Crazy 8 will be shipped together with the local distributor's next order. However, this may increase your lead time. Once your Crazy 8 is in your country, you’ll need to coordinate with our local distributor to pay for freight charges from our distributor’s office to your final destination.

Payment: Pre-pay by credit cards (Visa and MC only), money order or cashier’s check, or COD with a $28.75 cash deposit. Your choice.

Ordering: We will set up an on-line order form that will only be accessible via a link in this thread. It will be up shortly and it will be a secure site that can accept credit card numbers. Shortly after we enter the order, you will receive a confirmation in pdf format via e-mail. California residents will pay sales tax.

Eligibility: In order to be eligible for this offer you must have been a SDUGF member prior to April 13, 2007 5:30PM Pacific Time. You’ll need to state your screen name at the time you place your order. These pickups at this special price are intended to go to Forum members for their guitars, not for resale. No 21 Day exchange.

Offer Expires: June 30, 2007. After July 1, the Crazy 8 will still be available, but the price will be $170, FOB Santa Barbara.

Limit: Eight (8) pickups per member. Seymour wanted to make it eight, in honor of the Alnico 8 magnet.

Lead Time: The Alnico 8 is on order, but is around a month away. We expect to have the first pickups ready to ship by the third week of June.

Click here for the secure order form.

Thanks to everyone for being involved and special thanks to Mike (XSSIVE) for organizing the votes.
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Re: Get Yer Custom Shop Crazy 8!!!

Wicked Sick, I'm gonna have to plan a new guitar project, save up for one of these. Is there a time we have to have them ordered by?

Comment

Originally posted by joelap
      Sweeeet! Crazy 8 sounds absolutely killer!
      Ditto, it sounds, OZZY!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks so much to Evan and the rest of the Duncan family. I'm so excited about this pickup it ain't even funny.

Hey Evan, How about, on the web page listing all the custom shop pups available, putting a special section for the pickups we come up with. Like a "UG Series" or something.
        -Greg

Guitars:
        2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
        2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
        2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
        Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

i'm sure when Seymour and MJ saw the specs they said, "what the hell? that's crazy!" and it stuck.

Me likey the "Crazy 8"
          -Greg

Guitars:

Comment

Was a color ever decided on? or do we get to choose? Sorry I haven't been able to keep up.
            Speak through your fingers

Comment

Originally posted by vinterland View Post
              Was a color ever decided on? or do we get to choose? Sorry I haven't been able to keep up.
              only available in black because of the pole pieces. PA bobbins only come in black at the moment
              -Greg

Guitars:

Comment

Thanks Evan, could we get a sticky on the complete details again....color, covered/not, resistance, etc..?
                '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Originally posted by skyydogg01 View Post
                  only available in black because of the pole pieces. PA bobbins only come in black at the moment
                  That's cool, just wanted to check.
                  Speak through your fingers

Comment

Sorry to jump in at the end..... can anyone tell me the "percieved" sound this pickup will give? Output and eq curve??? Feel free to use the chair on me!

Comment

Crazy 8 reflects the crazy story behind it (think of it, haha).......AMAZING!
                      Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

I like the name, like the old card game...
                        Generic signature line.

Comment

I love the game "Crazy 8's" and I'm sure I'll love the pickup. I'm in for 2! If someone can swing getting 8 of them, you will be my new hero!

Comment

What is the starting point for this pickup? Is it a derivative of the Custom or Distortion?

Comment

I'd love to hear what this sounds like. Especially the parallel axis version. What's the EQ curve supposed to be like? What do we reference when making a comparison to other pickups?

Comment

Working...
                              X