Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Get Yer Custom Shop Crazy 8!!!

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
    .... and keep in mind that I ran the 8-ball idea past Seymour and he's pretty sure that using our pad printing process it would morph into an indiscernible silver blob...
    Evan, how much trouble is it to do the "pole-piece S" logo?

Not to start this all over again, but I think the idea of an embossed S without the normal Seymour Duncan brand would be spiffy.
    Actually, what I was thinking as a stylized "8" with the pole-pieces just like the S... but that might beget more polling and no one wants *that*.

MM
    MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
    Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

Guys, it's time to move on. Forty percent of the folks don't want to go with a different logo, and that's way too many to go with some other custom thing.

- Keith
      Originally posted by ImmortalSix
      I am just jug the merlot

Comment

I voted in favour of a custom logo, but I'm happy to retract on that if it means we can get this moving again.

>;o))
        Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
          I voted in favour of a custom logo, but I'm happy to retract on that if it means we can get this moving again.

>;o))
          Agreed.

It's a good thing this isn't like a real democracy tho... where 65% of the vote is considered a majority.
          MM
          MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
          Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

I am totally intrigued by the sound of the pickup, but I think I would back out if the logo was silly. Black pickups with the little Seymour Duncan logo look awesome, like in Evan's avatar.
            Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

i agree with keith. if a good number of the forum didnt want the custom logo then we should just stick to the original. would be simple for Evan and the ppl making the pups as well.

Just hoping to get this pup before i leave the US.

By the way, roughly when will be be able to order and get them?
              Last edited by I_M_Ken; 05-15-2007, 04:01 PM. Reason: wrong statistics...edited :D
              1987 Ibanez RG550: Steve Special, SSL-2, Air Norton
              1999 Jackson PS6T-KE: Crazy 8
              Jackson KVX10: X2N
              1997 Epi Les Paul Slash: Virtual PAF, Hum From Hell
              Early 90's Yamaha RGZ621D: JB, Screamin' Demon
              http://fusionken.blogspot.com
              http://project-jeng.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by I_M_Ken View Post
                i agree with keith, if majority of the forum didnt want the custom logo then we should just stick to the original. would be simple for Evan and the guys as well.

Just hoping to get this pup before i leave the US.

By the way, roughly when will be be able to order and get them?
                The reality is that 65% of the voters *did* want a custom logo.

At this point tho, it looks like guys just want to buy the rather than talk about it.
                And I concur.
                MM
                MM

Comment

I say let Evan decide, if any custom logo would both look good (in his opinion) and be practical from a manufacturing (among others) point of view then let's go with that, otherwise the standard logo sounds pretty good to me...

P.S. If everyone agrees I think it'd be better if Evan decides and then informs us after everything has already been put to motion, just to avoid further delay...
                  Last edited by KeeperOS; 05-15-2007, 04:04 PM.
                  Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                  I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                  Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                  Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Standard logo already!!

If we agree on no logo I will not be getting one, I need something on it!
                    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
                      I say let Evan decide...
                      Evan wanted us to decide, which is the whole point of this in the first place. We did. Done.
                      Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                      I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
                        So are you leaving to me to make the final decision on the logo?
                        Yes, do whatever you think is best.

(and I voted for the Custom logo, but a standard logo would also be fine. It's not about the logo, it's about the pickup).

Comment

When can I place my order????
                          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
                            When can I place my order????

Yeah! Enough with the polls and let get to the orderin'.
                            www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

C'mon guys, this is getting kinda silly. It appears that it's nearly a line divided among a total group of people who want the main package; a Forum Inspired Custom Shop Pickup. This logo business may be knocking off more people who may purchase one if it's to their liking or not. Thus, the totals are slimming even more than before. Yada, Yada. "No it must have this logo, or I'm not buying it!" "Well if it has a logo you can count me out!" Etc...

When did guitar players become so Fashion Conscious with their guitar's pickups? I'm all for corporate sponsorship if needed, it can be a good thing; unless of course you're on the other side of the fence on that topic. But for this matter.., logos are already everywhere. Look around in a major city now and tell me if you don't see a name emblazoned upon any of the concrete structures jutting towards the sky.

Believe me I'm not knocking Seymour Duncan's current label on pickups, but how could this unique little A8 number ever be construed as anything other than a Seymour Duncan pickup.?. The Parallel Axis poles laid linearly upon the bobbin's top surface are signature enough, ya? It's construction looks authoritative enough, why diminish that sleek jet black surface with the mark of any sort of writ for that matter? When it makes it's way to you take a paint pen and mark the bottom surface with the likeness of an 8-Ball, make it personalized-customized. Then it'll be even more special like a hand numbered edition. This ain't a choppers or cars show, 'Monster Pickup' or 'Pimp My Pickup.'

Generally SD's bobbins are smooth and top notch quality in appearance, while others tend to fall short in some respect. There will be NO denying it's lineage whether it's graffitied or not.

Now get that Crazy 8 rollin'.

Evan, would it be as simple as two choices on the order form? Those who desire (standard) script, check here... those who want it plain need not check the box. I'm just guessing to make it easier on Seymour and MJ with as less hassle as possible while cranking out the numbers as the orders come in. Maybe if a person wants the embossed "S" logo (of course if available) then they pay an additional amount to the total cost for the extra care and additional step.

Comment

standard logo should be fine, and put me down for 2 of em'

Comment

Working...
                                X