Got My Crazy 8 Today!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Got My Crazy 8 Today!!!!

I Hate to be in Germany now.Just because the German Distributer Warwick/Framus don't ship any SD pu,i have to wait for 1,5 months to get one.only 15 days left for the delivery now ,but still i have to wait!
    That's the price for getting the one and only 7 string PATB...
    www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Originally posted by daemon barbeque View Post
      I Hate to be in Germany now.Just because the German Distributer Warwick/Framus don't ship any SD pu,i have to wait for 1,5 months to get one.only 15 days left for the delivery now ,but still i have to wait!
      That's the price for getting the one and only 7 string PATB...
      You'll have to let me know how that turns out. I have, possibly, the only neck Crazy 8 and it is good.

I have one of those cheapy Washburn 7s that I threw some Dimarzios in. It sounds and plays much better than I expected, but I need to get a decent 7 string one of these days.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Binnerscot View Post
        You'll have to let me know how that turns out. I have, possibly, the only neck Crazy 8 and it is good.

I have one of those cheapy Washburn 7s that I threw some Dimarzios in. It sounds and plays much better than I expected, but I need to get a decent 7 string one of these days.
        I have a Breknuckles Miracle Man in my RG1527!It rocks and it's a great combination.
        But i am a PATB nut and i am really excited ahah.
        As allways ,you guys are going to get some Clips!
        What kind of Neck do you like Scot?

Comment

What kind of Neck do you like Scot?
          I really don't have neck "preference", just a preference for the over feel of the instrument. Generally, I really like Jackson, Parker, Hamer, and a number of the different Peavey V-types (over the years). I guess the right Ibby has never landed in my hands. Even the original Jems and Universe 7s weren't my thing.

I am thinking a Carvin would well enough for a seven. I have had one of their guitars before and they resonante a little differently and I would have to break out the router for a PATB style pup to fit, but it would be good enough.
          Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Binnerscot View Post
            I really don't have neck "preference", just a preference for the over feel of the instrument. Generally, I really like Jackson, Parker, Hamer, and a number of the different Peavey V-types (over the years). I guess the right Ibby has never landed in my hands. Even the original Jems and Universe 7s weren't my thing.

I am thinking a Carvin would well enough for a seven. I have had one of their guitars before and they resonante a little differently and I would have to break out the router for a PATB style pup to fit, but it would be good enough.
            Well if you go with a Carvin ,you can let it made for a PATB...But you have to make the contract in Carvin shop.One of the guys in 7 string forum did it!
            Schecter is another choice!

Comment

Well if you go with a Carvin ,you can let it made for a PATB...But you have to make the contract in Carvin shop.One of the guys in 7 string forum did it!
              Schecter is another choice!
              Good to know, thanks!

Comment

FINALLY, it's here!!!
                After all these months of patiently waiting it's finally in my hands!

I'm so excited I've actually been hearing the namesake song in my head for the past 20 or so minutes!!!

Now to call my tech and arrange when I'm gonna install it (my Strat is already in his hands for fret crowning/leveling).

BTW, where do you think it'll shine more, on my MiM Strat (now SSS) or my bubinga Strat copy (made by the afore mentioned tech)?

Here are the two siblings:
                (Click the thumbnails to see the full-sized photos)

The Strat is a 2000 MiM Standard with Maple neck/fretboard, the Strat copy (from here on known as Marlin) is a 2006-2007 (made last Christmas) HSS SuperStrat(?) with Bubinga body, Hard Maple neck and a thick strip (thicker than production guitars) of dark Rosewood fingerboard.

What do you think?
                Last edited by KeeperOS; 09-21-2007, 03:57 AM.
                Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Talk is cheap...who plays extreme metal and has a Crazy 8 installed?

Looking for sound clips...don't care how good it is...just want to hear some insane metal with the crazy 8...

I bought one for my project Hamer Diablo (which is getting painted right now) and I can't wait any longer to hear it.

Tell me where!!!

dk
                  Crackhead stole my entire collection of guitars...

Comment

Acsension,If it's too dark try dangling it from a pickup mount. Drilling pickups into the body totally boost the lows. In my superstrat some pickups are cool but in my Les Paul drilling to the body makes it real WOOF-y. The HM strat's setup for the two s/c p'ups to be drilled into the body. I have a Hot Rails neck in the neck and nothing in the bridge. I am going to modify the pickguard to make it dangle because it's just too dark. Aside from repeated drilling/dingling experiments I know it isn't the pickup. A hot rails neck in the neck of a Les Paul running straight into a 1meg pot is a MONSTER! I loved it and I'm going to do the same mod on my HM. The only exception I felt was cool was drilling an uncovered vintage Super 70 into the body ala EVH. It made my HM strat sound pretty close in EQ to my Les Paul which had the matching p'up (covered) dangling in the bridge. Those pickups are Icepick bright without the covers. I think that's why it sounded so good drilled into the bridge of the HM strat. Without the cover,Dangling in the BR of the Paul it was too bright...needed to put the cover back on. The morale of this story? Try dangling from a pickguard. I think you'll like the change better than what you have.
                    Last edited by revolution; 10-11-2007, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by junkdk View Post
                      Talk is cheap...who plays extreme metal and has a Crazy 8 installed?

Looking for sound clips...don't care how good it is...just want to hear some insane metal with the crazy 8...

I bought one for my project Hamer Diablo (which is getting painted right now) and I can't wait any longer to hear it.

Tell me where!!!

dk
                      There is no such thing as "extreme" metal, just metal - pick your tempo:

Sound Clips and Playing Tips. Post Your MP3 links here as well as Q/A regarding guitar playing. Recording gear questions posted here.

Comment

Working...
                      X