Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got My Crazy 8 Today!!!!

Originally posted by pixelpusher View Post
    i got mine yesterday.. gonna try it out over the weekend but i want to get a couple of things set up so i can record a before and after comparison with the distortion currently residing in the test gtr.
    need info NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

got my crazy 8s today(even got one installed in the sg). hopefully i'll have clips by the end of the weekend. Definately lots of high end and mids, although i gotta mess with the height some more. Just a week or two ago i had installed a pg in the neck and like both of these pickups way better than the stock ones

Comment

Originally posted by _Guitarzan_ View Post
        I'm ripping as I sit and type... I'm getting a better feel for it. LP players will like this thing. The articulation is sensitive... Shredders will like it as well.
        Time to start "ripping" with a mic infront of your amp.

Seriously, don't kill us, post clips!!!
        Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

Thanks GuitarZan.

I have to confess that I was kinda skeptic about the design because I did not want a bright pickup. Honestly speaking the only part that I was not sure about was the a8 magnet, and it looks like this turned out to be a very clear, tight and open sounding, strong but bright pickup. Not something that I am very interested in right now. But definitely an original pickup.

B
          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

my 2 are coming.. cant decide what to put em in.. Waiting for for more info from those who recd to find out the characteristics. One is prob going in one of my Charvel 4s. One has a distortion. (that stays) The other has a BBQ and tho I love that pup, its too dark in this guitar..
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Bloodrose,

BBQ is an a5 bucker wound to high 12's (the ones I had were like 12.80-90K) with #43 wire (formwar as far as I can tell). Heavily potted, very heavily potted. I think you'd love the crazy 8 in that guitar of yours.

B
              FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Pixel pusher, thats something if I don't get mine today I will be interested in hearing how it compares as my Crazy 8 was going to go into my SG that has a Duncan Distortion as well.

Comment

oh, i'd love to hear a direct comparison with the distortion as that's what My crazy 8 will be replacing.
                  -Greg

Guitars:
                  2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                  2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                  2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                  Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

I have this suspicion that mine are the first 4 in Riyadh, still nothing to try them on, though my Warmoth Tele arrived in the same delivery.
                    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
                      Bloodrose,

BBQ is an a5 bucker wound to high 12's (the ones I had were like 12.80-90K) with #43 wire (formwar as far as I can tell). Heavily potted, very heavily potted. I think you'd love the crazy 8 in that guitar of yours.

B
                      Yeah, thats what Im hoping for!! I have a custom 8 in my kramer 6000 Focus and it sings like crazy

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
                        I have this suspicion that mine are the first 4 in Riyadh, still nothing to try them on, though my Warmoth Tele arrived in the same delivery.
                        You received the Crazy 8 pickups in Saudi Arabia already? International shipping is quicker than I thought.

Comment

My two came yesterday, but I got home late last night. I hope to find time to put one in my ash Tele tomorrow afternoon.

Warmoth Thinline HH Tele w/ 59/Cust Hybrid & 59/Jazz Hybrid
                          Warmoth Swamp Ash Chambered Tele w/ Crazy 8, Dream 90, & PG/Jazz Hybrid
                          Yamaha FGX 720SC
                          Rogue Classic Spider Resonator
                          Traynor YCV 40,

Comment

clips!
                            Guitars:
                            Schecter E-1 FR S (Sustaniac/Apocalypse), LEF EXP (Mayhem Set), Schecter C-1 Classic (Jazz/Distortion), Squire Affinity Strat (Hotrails)

Amps:
                            Peavey MX VTX, Bugera 333x Infinium

Pedals:
                            AMT SS-11B

Comment

crap, I got my invoice in the mail but not delivery from the big brown truck.
                              -Greg

Guitars:
                              2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                              2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                              2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                              Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

OK I took it around the guitar shops today and one resounding tone came to mind of those that played it. They thought it sounded similar to Vernon Reid's "Cult of Personality" Tone. Granted this pick up sounds different through every amp we demo'd. So I don't know if sound clips will really do this one justice. You just have to hear it for yourself when you play it through your own rig.

Comment

Working...
                                X