How are the fender hot rod devilles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are the fender hot rod devilles?

Well...it turns out the Mark IV will be somewhat out of question...(I don't have $1700 for the head and cab, and don't have the time to order it)

What about fender amps? I know it's pretty far from my original goal being the mark 4, but since it's out of the picture why not open up my eyes a little bit.
    Some people mentioned orange amps?

Musical style being broad. Worship music, clean and distorted. Jazzy clean stuff to punky rock stuff, to classic rock solos maybe even to some shreddy stuff if I'm in the mood.

Re: How are the fender hot rod devilles?

What's your overall price range? Devilles break up sort of fast on the clean but have a nice fat overdrive. The gain is quite loose though so not really ideal for metal. Consider the super sonic or a twin if you don't need high gain.

Orange amps are great but sorta pricey.

If you dig the mesa mark vibe why not get a used mark III? Or if you want a new amp maybe consider the new express series? The 5:50 is pretty rad actually... 5:25 suffers from small speaker/box.
    Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
    Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
    Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
    Marshall 1960a
    Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

my price range is roughly in between $1000-$1500.
      Thing is, i'd totally go for the mark 4, but I'm gonna be moving to Texas in the middle of August, so I don't have the time to order it and then get it down here because that'd also be more shipping as well.

Does the mark 3 have global EQ? That was the thing that was really cool about the Mark 4, they all had their own EQ(relatively) and then the 5 band EQ to boost stuff was awesome. I guess I don't want to limit myself.

Comment

I am not a big fan of the Deville or Deluxe series in both the Hot Rod and the Blues series. Look inside of one and you will find a lot of substandard thin PC boards thin stamped chassis and ribbon connectors. I find the clean tones on the Hot Rod Series at lower volumes pretty usable but the crunches are very loose and flabby.
        In the price range you are talking I would suggest you look hard at the Fender Super Sonic. It has seperate tone controlls for both the clean and crunch channels a switchable adjustable loop and the switchable clean modes. That + a solid usable and versatile crunch and also a solid clean with MUCH more clean headroom than both the Hot Rod Deville or Deluxe. The construction of the SuperSonic is a BIG step up also from the Hot Rod Series.
        Look on ebay right now there are several of the 1/12 SS combo's listed in the $800 range and the factory warrantee is transferable so !
        Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

hmm..I saw the supersonic amps at GC and thought that they were some kind of Solid State amp, but I never played them to see...I'll check it out soon.
          I need to make my decisions soon

Comment

I'm pretty sure, they're tube.
            "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

I know they're tube but I, for whatever reason, thought they were solid state because of the name "super sonic". I'm wrong....
              I'm gonna try and see how they sound tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
              X