banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my very crappy attempt to play anything related to slide playing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my very crappy attempt to play anything related to slide playing!

here is my very crappy attempt to play anything related to the way that playing slide guitar sounds like. i dont even havea slide, i was using a chrome pickup cover that i had laying around

.....i guess enjoy

Re: my very crappy attempt to play anything related to slide playing!

Pickapart by John Butler Trio is a WICKED slide song. Try that!

Funky tune... don't really have much to say about it though - I don't know much about slide either.
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

i never really played slide before today. sdo it's kinda bad

Comment

Course it's good for a first try... thing is I've only heard like two artists/bands who play with a slide - so it's not in my position to judge.
        Originally posted by Kanye West
        Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

oh man i hate slides, i cant work em either... i wish i could but im crap at it

theyr fun to play in drop D with and a load of gain, you get a sick rhythm sound.

this sounds very country n western
          Last edited by nuntius; 07-21-2004, 02:17 PM. Reason: distastful hillbilly joke
          My clips

Originally posted by Rid
          How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

so, what are you saying!!!

you saying i suck?

Comment

That actully is pretty good Sounds like your tuned to E ? You hit
              all your notes and your pitch was good. That's the 2 good elements
              of slide guitar. Slide into your note(not pass) and listen to your pitch.
              http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

thanks

i was actually tuned to D i think

i ahve an electric version of the same thing w/ vocals that should be done in a few minutes.

Comment

Working...
                X