More Slide Clips!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Slide Clips!!!

hey! it's me again and i got another slide clip! it's electric this time and it actually has vocals! soi you guys get to hear what i sound like!

enjoy

Re: More Slide Clips!!!

That was a cool riff you were playing in the backround man. Vocals were a bit loud in comparisson to the rythm, but thats cool.
    Heavy Metal is a 73 tonne Main Battle Tank :headbang:

B.C. Rich USA ST-III w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Neck/Middle, Duncan Custom Bridge. :firedevil

Comment

thanks

that was my first time ever trying vocals, and i still dont know what to do. but your right, the riff in the background is badass!

Comment

you've got a good start, and you've got good vibrato

next, try to learn to damp behind the slide with your index finger lying on the string, and pick out single notes that way

if you get into slide, then listen to some Ry Cooder and Sonny Landreth, among others
        "music heals"
        facebook

Comment

ry cooder is sick!!!

i dont necessarily have a "slide"
          im using a chrome pickup cover since i dont have a slide, when i get a real slide i'll keep at it. it's really fun to do. especially with such a big low end in open D!

Comment

you'll find open G a nice tuning:
            D G D G B D

take standard tuning and drop the 6, 5, and 1st string down a whole step - very quick and easy using octaves on the other strings

a variation, depending on your guitar set up, is open A, which is the same tuning, but with the 2nd, 3d, and 4th strings raised a whole step
            "music heals"
            facebook

Comment

yeah open G is nice too, i might record some more stuff today with it.

Comment

liked it...

but i listened to your other stuff and i'm really feelin' your acoustic bluesy stuff!!! NICE!!!
                Originally posted by jeremy
                God hates bad guitar tone
                GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

thanks!

i have access to drums so i might do things over with them

Comment

Working...
                  X