Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ibanez Tube Screamer ts808 vs. ts9

Originally posted by Dr.Mavashi View Post
    And most of it is a gimmick, there is thread here where there was a review of of Maxon CS9 and Ibanez CS9 with stomp boxes opened and components compared, I've asked Rid to take a look at it, and basically the price difference is not well justified.
    Since 2002 there's more of a difference between them then there used to be. Maxon doesn't make the Ibby stuff anymore and the Maxon boards are much more durable than todays Ibby boards. But overall, the price is a bit steep on the Maxons in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
      Since 2002 there's more of a difference between them then there used to be. Maxon doesn't make the Ibby stuff anymore and the Maxon boards are much more durable than todays Ibby boards. But overall, the price is a bit steep on the Maxons in my book.
      I still like the reissue TS9 for $99 buddy!
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
        I still like the reissue TS9 for $99 buddy!
        Me too. It's a great deal. I've yet to get one myself though but I'm just not much of a TS person though I do respect it and appreciate it for what it does. Like we both said, a couple changes can make it in to a TS808 real easy.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
          Me too. It's a great deal. I've yet to get one myself though but I'm just not much of a TS person though I do respect it and appreciate it for what it does. Like we both said, a couple changes can make it in to a TS808 real easy.
          I pretty much only use the TS for playing blues,but it's almost a needed pedal for our band's style....It's not for everyone though...Agreed...

I do alot of mods to a TS and it's a much better sounding pedal and it's void of that horrible midrange hump we all hate...These mods are my own mod ideas..
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
          X