Ibanez Tube Screamer ts808 vs. ts9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ibanez Tube Screamer ts808 vs. ts9

QUOTE=ErikH;1529811]Is there an echo in here? LOL. Nice to see you and I are on the same page in this regard. [/QUOTE]

Sorry buddy....no offense to you,but you know I speak from alot of experience,especially Tube Screamers! Didn't read what you wrote buddy!

You and I have both been on the same page for a long time now brother Erik! Back at ya!
    Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 10-06-2007, 07:50 PM.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
      Sorry buddy....no offense to you, but you know I speak from alot of experience,especially Tube Screamers! Didn't read what you wrote buddy!

You and I have both been on the same page for a long time now brother Erik! Back at ya!
      No worries, John, it's all good. Was just jabbin' ya a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Mavashi View Post
        Dude, I definately remember reading an interview with them(I read interviews with musicians I cant stand before interviews with my idols, I am weird like that) where they praising how digitech did everything they asked for ... I think relationship might've ended and a while ago, rightnow the only thing I can that supports is the russian equivalent of zzmusic or something like that, but its in russian ...
        They did/do use some Digitech stuff. I saw Monkey's rig in the back of a Guitar World the other day, and there was definitely Digitech stuff, but since those Ibanez Tone-Lok pedals came out, they've been strongly associated with them.

Anywho, bottom line is check out the Bad Monkey. It sounds nothing like Korn
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
          Nothing in my in box?
          Sent again, if it doesn't show up shoot me off your email when you have a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Mavashi View Post
            I remember reaing somewhere that its the monkey dude from korn sig pedal. His version of ts. Late 90s.
            He spells his name 'Munky' and he has absolutely nothing to do with the design of this pedal.
            Actually, I have no idea where Digitech got the name- but these are just a few years old- not from the late 90s. It is probably the best pedal Digitech ever made, although my late 80s (?) DOD Stereo Turbo Chorus is pretty close.

I used a TS7 for years, until I heard the Monkey.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

This should help you see the differences in the tubescreamers. Written by R.G. Keen, very wise. It's worth the read even if it's a bit over your head. Try the maxon 808 I thought they were cheaper that the ibanez reissues, I'm sure someone will correct me if that's wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by dressed2kill View Post
                http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folder...ch/tsxtech.htm

This should help you see the differences in the tubescreamers. Written by R.G. Keen, very wise. It's worth the read even if it's a bit over your head. Try the maxon 808 I thought they were cheaper that the ibanez reissues, I'm sure someone will correct me if that's wrong.
                Yep, great stuff there. R.G. know his stuff. He's a regular at diystompboxes.com.

The Maxon 808 is actually more expensive than the Ibanez. Maxon used to make the Ibanez pedals.

Comment

The TS-809 is the way to go.....true fluxdiodes and a 51508 JRC superchip with a coffeebrewer attached to it!
                  Brews coffee when reacing 9.9 volts...nifty!

Comment

Originally posted by Rid View Post
                    The TS-809 is the way to go.....true fluxdiodes and a 51508 JRC superchip with a coffeebrewer attached to it!
                    And will send you back to 1985 if you can speedpick at 88 MPH....LOL

Comment

Is that the Malaysian 51508 JRC superchip or the Venezuelan? I've heard the Malaysian makes the better coffee, somewhat surprisingly. Plus, I can't use anything with fluxdiodes, they give me a rash.

Cheers..........................wahwah
                      Highway Star
                      Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
                      Mistreated
                      Cause We Ended As Lovers
                      Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
                      Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                        He spells his name 'Munky' and he has absolutely nothing to do with the design of this pedal.
                        Actually, I have no idea where Digitech got the name- but these are just a few years old- not from the late 90s. It is probably the best pedal Digitech ever made, although my late 80s (?) DOD Stereo Turbo Chorus is pretty close.

I used a TS7 for years, until I heard the Monkey.
                        I remember, my memory will not be eraised, monkey-munkey-shmonkey, korn and anything digital in the overdrive - sucks.

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                        The Maxon 808 is actually more expensive than the Ibanez. Maxon used to make the Ibanez pedals.
                        And most of it is a gimmick, there is thread here where there was a review of of Maxon CS9 and Ibanez CS9 with stomp boxes opened and components compared, I've asked Rid to take a look at it, and basically the price difference is not well justified.
                        Active Duty Rig:
                        MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
                        Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

What! No flux capacitors! How's it going to travel through time?

Comment

Originally posted by wahwah View Post
                            Is that the Malaysian 51508 JRC superchip or the Venezuelan? I've heard the Malaysian makes the better coffee, somewhat surprisingly.

Cheers..........................wahwah
                            What would an aussie know about coffee??? lamb maybe, but coffee? pa-lease!!! Its like russian wondering about the intricacies of coconuts.
                            Active Duty Rig:
                            MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
                            Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

The upgrade version....
                              With transporter stations....for instant relocation of the humpwhales....
                              And a raygun 101 handbook, plus a mug for the fluxinduced coffee!

Comment

Lemme guess, the upgraded version is the Maxon version and this is why it costs so much more?

I've heard that fluxinduced coffee will likely cause poor eyesight and excessive self-pleasuring. [watches Rid hide his glasses with a guilty look on his face].

Comment

Working...
                                X