X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE WELL: Episode 2 - Attack Of The Clowns

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
    I think in this case as it was the fool that dies, the answer is obvious!! It's probably because he didn't have a bad feeling about this...
    Zuahaha!Good man! hehehe!

What is the fastest thing you've driven?
    www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Originally posted by daemon barbeque View Post
      Zuahaha!Good man! hehehe!

What is the fastest thing you've driven?
      I've not really driven anything of great excitement or speed. Probably something rubbish like a Rover 425 hire car. That shifted a little quicker than I expected, but nothing spectacular. I maybe got up to about 110mph.

Although I did get to 'drive' a Hawk jet trainer, the same aircraft that the RAF use in the Red Arrows!! I was granted a back-seat ride in one about 10 years ago in Cyprus. The Hawk was towing a long banner that 2 Tornado's were using for target practice. I got to fly it out to the practice area, and then back to the airfield after they'd finished. Then the pilot treated me to some aerobatics, and even allowed me to throw in around, doing loops and rolls etc! A fantastic experience.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Can you name one event in your life - one significant turning point - that was the largest contributer in making you become the man you are today?

If so, what is it and why?
        -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Thanks for a good answer on my question. I will definitely stay away from 50000V.

How did you first encounter this forum, and what made you a member of this community?
          My Soundclick

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
            Can you name one event in your life - one significant turning point - that was the largest contributer in making you become the man you are today?

If so, what is it and why?
            It would probably be my RAF basic training pass out parade. Although I'd signed my life on the dotted line, I still wasn't 100% sure about what I'd done. The day was one of the proudest of my life, and I went on to complete 18 months of trade training. Without that moment I wouldn't have gone on to meet my wife, and wouldn't have my daughters.

The RAF is obviously still a major influence in what goes on in my life today.

Comment

Originally posted by Tor View Post
              Thanks for a good answer on my question. I will definitely stay away from 50000V.

How did you first encounter this forum, and what made you a member of this community?
              I found the forum when I was looking for info on Seymour Duncan pickups before pulling the trigger on my G&L Legacy. I asked a few questions that were promptly answered, and helped in my decision to buy the guitar.

I can't really remember the exact thing that made me stick around. I've always been very vary of internet forums, and often find they deteriorate into childish ranting, but the SDUGF isn't like that. I think I probably felt like a "proper" forum member when I gave out my first bit of advice and got a nice response because of it.

This is still the first place I log in to when I come online, and having met/talked/msn'd various forum bro's away from the forum, it just reinforces the fact that this is one of the greatest little corners of cyberspace.

Comment

I have just purchased a G&L Legacy off Ebay. I believe it has SD vintage alnico staggered pups fitted, and wired as on a traditional strat ie no tone control for bridge pup. Is there any reason that I can't rewire the guitar to the PTB setup that is standard on G&L guitars. I don't know whether the impedence of the SD pups differ from G&L's or if the pots are the same value, or even if I need to add capacitors to the circuit to get the PTB circuit. Also, would I still be able to fit a treble bleed mod to this setup up?
                Any help would be gratefully received.
                Cheers
                Here, as a bit of fun, appears to be the first post, in the first thread I started back in Feb 2005!

Comment

thoughts on your ideal 'post RAF' career/pursuits?
                  gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
                    thoughts on your ideal 'post RAF' career/pursuits?
                    So far, our plans are to emigrate to the Gold Coast in Australia. My wife is undertaking Open University courses with a view to becoming a physiotherapist. She'll hopefully complete this when we return to the UK, and by the time I am due to leave the RAF in 2012.

If she completes this, it takes a lot of pressure off me, and should hopefully mean that I can pick and choose my job.

Ideally I would like to work in a small music shop, and learn properly about setting up/modifying/building guitars, amps and pedals. Then if I become proficient enough then maybe I would start my own business and go into modding and building amps.

Of course International Playboy or Rock Star would do also!!!

Comment

sounds great
                      best of luck!
                      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

It's funny that I left school and joined the RAF with no real idea of what I wanted to do, and now I surprise myself by having plans for the rest of my life!!!

Comment

Have you ever been to Canada or the USA? If so, when and where? I know the RAF (and other UK military) does a lot of training in Canada.
                          Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                          Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                          Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
                            Have you ever been to Canada or the USA? If so, when and where? I know the RAF (and other UK military) does a lot of training in Canada.
                            I have never visited that side of the pond. I would love to have the time and means to. There are a couple of friends of ours currently in Batus. I'd love to be able to take 6 months out and tour all around Canada and the US, but I don't think the RAF will be too keen!!

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
                              I found the forum when I was looking for info on Seymour Duncan pickups before pulling the trigger on my G&L Legacy. I asked a few questions that were promptly answered, and helped in my decision to buy the guitar.

I can't really remember the exact thing that made me stick around. I've always been very vary of internet forums, and often find they deteriorate into childish ranting, but the SDUGF isn't like that. I think I probably felt like a "proper" forum member when I gave out my first bit of advice and got a nice response because of it.

This is still the first place I log in to when I come online, and having met/talked/msn'd various forum bro's away from the forum, it just reinforces the fact that this is one of the greatest little corners of cyberspace.
                              Cool. Yeah, you're right this community is differing very positively in contrast to other forums..
                              My Soundclick

Comment

Originally posted by Mattt
                                What is the actual title of the job you have? And what rank are you?
                                I have gone through 2 changes of trade title, I was L Tech AF, then Eng Tech El and now CIS Tech, but essentially I'm still doing the same job. I am currently a corporal who's overdue his promotion to sergeant!!

Comment

Working...
                                X