banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well: Episode 4 - not about pants (maybe)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well: Episode 4 - not about pants (maybe)

LOL - you're too kind, Bee.

I am logging off and going home now. Feeling like crap @ work so I'll see you guys later.
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Do you have any common cold remedies?

(ok, this one is just for my benefit)
      "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Clears throat. So ya thought enough to answer yet or are ya still thinking?

Comment

You mentioned working in software. What motivated you toward this?

Comment

Ok, technically yesterday should have been the last day for my Well, but I left pretty early yesterday and I still owe Gr8Scott an answer to his very thought-provoking question.

Otherwise, interest seems to be dying down so I'll take care of the unfinished business and ask a mod to close it.

Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock View Post
            Do you have any common cold remedies?

(ok, this one is just for my benefit)
            Not really. That's what I'm suffering from as well at the moment, and yesterday I left work around 10:30am, went home, and wrote a song. Today I feel considerably better.

I tried Echinachia (sp?) and Goldenseal and that didn't do a **** thing for me, so I guess my recommendation is to write a song.

Originally posted by Jonny R View Post
            You mentioned working in software. What motivated you toward this?
            Well, I haven't always worked in software. I'm a technical writer, which is a job that spans about every professional field in which a company develops or manufactures a product that is eventually sold to a consumer. I do everything from writing forms, procedures, standards, and specifications, to creating product documentation like user guides and training manuals.

My responsibilities at my current job (the small software dev. company) have kind of expanded to include helping conduct training courses on our products, software testing, a few systems administration responsibilities, and I recently redesigned the company logo and created a basic website for corporate presence at the request of the owner.

As for what got me into it - $$$ - plain and simple. I work to live, and with my English background, this field presented the best workload-to-pay ratio that still afforded me the lifestyle I prefer. I get lots of personal fulfillment from the other aspects of my life, so I'm totally OK with my job just being a job. That said, I really like where I'm working now and I get to do lots of different things, so I'm rarely bored and I don't dread coming to work.

Originally posted by Gr8Scott View Post
            Ever have one of those moments when you say or do the perfect thing for a given situation that you look back on your actions with pride? Tell us about that moment.
            Yeah.

When my band in Ohio fell apart (due to a crazy-assed singer who literally started to believe he was Jonathan Davis) and we started to try to put the pieces back together and get something else going, I did something I never do. I quit. I realized the whole thing was going nowhere and I cut it off - moved 300 miles away and basically started a new life.

I've come a long, long way since then. When I started Istari, I send demo tapes to the drummer of my old band back in Ohio and he, feeling like I had a year earlier, decided it was his time to do something new and moved out here to Indy to be in that band.

So... I guess that whole series of events is something I'm pretty satisfied with.

----

That's it for my episode of The Well! I want to thank BungalowBill for asking me to do it and everyone who asked questions. It's been fun - I feel like in telling you guys about me, I learned a few things about myself along the way.

I already have someone in mind for the next episode, but I'm not telling.......
            -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Working...
            X