Will I lose the quack if I pair ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I lose the quack if I pair ...

... an Antiquity Texas Hot RWRP (in the middle) with a Lil '59 or Classic Stack in the bridge position of my strat?

I'm trying to source a set of SD Antiquities from the local distributor, but a Custom Bridge may no longer be available to complete a set.

There is not much to choose from locally now, other than the 2 stated above. If I will lose the quack in the 2 position with these choices for the bridge, then I would rather not buy an unmatched set. (altho I could get 2 TX Hot pups for neck and bridge)

Considering the Antiquities are highly regarded and available to me locally (I live overseas) at an equiv. of US$60 per pup, the chance to obtain a set is too good to pass up... but it wouldn't be a strat to me without the quack.

Thanks in advance for your info and opinions.

Jaime G

The classic stacks do not quack as well as regular single coils. They have more mids from the equal (symmetrical) coils, and the key to a successful quack is fewer mids.
    The 59 will likely have the same problem, but humbuckers can quaack well sometimes.

Joe

Comment

It'll be a little thicker sounding and you'll hum with the bridge/mid (#4) position but you'll still get a fair amount of mid cancelling with either the lil59 or the Classic stack.
      www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
      www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Working...
      X