banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well episode VI: for English, press 1, pour le service en francais, appuyez 2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well episode VI: for English, press 1, pour le service en francais, appuyez 2

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
    Have you ever sought treatment for the disorder that causes repeated posting of "Men Without Hats" vidclips?
    One man's disorder is another man's quirky personality trait.

Originally posted by KGMESSIER View Post
    What do you think would happen to Men Without Hats if any one of them wore one of Stevie Bees' hats?
    Simply imagining that scenario caused my brain to reboot. I don't think it's a good idea at all.
    Band: www.colouredanimal.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
    Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Re: The Well episode VI: for English, press 1, pour le service en francais, appuyez 2

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
      One man's disorder is another man's quirky personality trait.
      Touche`!

Paris, or Nicki?
      Last edited by LesStrat; 11-14-2007, 07:36 PM.
      Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
      https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Do you like this pic as much as I do?

You managed to settle on an embarrasing moment or maybe two or three?
        Last edited by Rainmaker; 11-14-2007, 11:07 PM.
        Originally posted by Kanye West
        Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Originally posted by JustWendell View Post
          I'll change up my questioning style a bit again. Post pictures of your answers for these items:

Your rig
          I don't have a pic of the whole thing. Here's some guitars.

This is GRP, as mentioned in the Veterans Day thread:

This is the Canadacaster in the kitchen of my old place:

A picture of some place you like to go to
          This is Koko Beach on the South Maui shore. This was one of our favorite stops on the honeymoon.

A picture of a place you want to go to eventually

That Megan girl you auditioned. (I think many are waiting for this one)
          I'm sure we'll do promo pics eventually (I picked her btw.)

Your favorite food

A superhero/villain whose power you would like to have.

Your favorite star wars character
          Obviously:

Your favorite video game character

I <3 Midna.

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
            Touche`!

Paris, or Nicki?
            Tie. Thanks for the links btw.

Originally posted by Rainmaker View Post
            Do you like this pic as much as I do?

So evil ... but so hot ... oh God ...

You managed to settle on an embarrasing moment or maybe two or three?
            Yeah, ok.

I had been working at my current job for four months. The new CEO was making the rounds of the various offices, and on the day in question he was visiting the Vancouver office. We all assembled in one of the common areas, but there weren't enough chairs. I wound up standing off to one side.

The guy is very tall. He's got to be 7 feet tall, no exaggeration. In addition, he's an outstanding public speaker with a powerful voice. It's no wonder he got to the level he's at. I don't think I've ever actually been interested in hearing an executive talk until that day. Everyone was pretty into his speech, as was I.

Around the middle of the speech, the office manager decided that the CEO needed something to drink. For some reason, she decided that I should be the one to give it to him, probably because I was right on an aisle. While I was listening to the speech, she snuck up beside me and handed me a bottle of water. I think she said something about giving it to him, but I couldn't hear her. Before I could ask her to repeat herself, she had gone back to her seat at the other end of the room.

For some reason, I froze up. I didn't know what I was supposed to do. Do I interrupt him? Do I wait until he pauses? Do I just go up there and give him the water? I stood there for about a minute not knowing what to do. The office manager was staring at me like I had peed on the floor.

Finally, I snapped out of it. I decided that I should open the bottle (so that he didn't have to), and just walk up there. I opened the bottle, and it let out a loud "snap" as it decompressed a bit. Of course, everyone turned to look at me - the entire Vancouver staff. I walked up to the podium with the bottle with all eyes on me, and in the only moment I have ever, and likely WILL ever, speak to the CEO, I said the following brilliant words:

"I'm supposed to give you this ... to drink ... here."

After the speech, the office manager came up to me like she was going to say something, then burst out laughing and walked away. That pretty much sums up the whole experience.

Comment

LMAO, that's hilarious!

I think we've all said something like that... but maybe not to a CEO of a big company.

Oh, man.
              Originally posted by Kanye West
              Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Outstanding work with all those pics. Very respectable answers as well.

Comment

Okay gang, I'm wrapping this one up. Thanks for all the great questions. I had fun.

Comment

It's been emotional....

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

• Re: The Well episode VI: for English, press 1, pour le service en francais, appuyez 2

I walked up to the podium with the bottle with all eyes on me, and in the only moment I have ever, and likely WILL ever, speak to the CEO, I said the following brilliant words:

Now you know to say "gedooithin" in those situations.

Awesome story, man!
                      Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                      I am just jug the merlot

Comment

• Re: The Well episode VI: for English, press 1, pour le service en francais, appuyez 2

Tie. Thanks for the links btw.

So evil ... but so hot ... oh God ...

Yeah, ok.

I had been working at my current job for four months. The new CEO was making the rounds of the various offices, and on the day in question he was visiting the Vancouver office. We all assembled in one of the common areas, but there weren't enough chairs. I wound up standing off to one side.

The guy is very tall. He's got to be 7 feet tall, no exaggeration. In addition, he's an outstanding public speaker with a powerful voice. It's no wonder he got to the level he's at. I don't think I've ever actually been interested in hearing an executive talk until that day. Everyone was pretty into his speech, as was I.

Around the middle of the speech, the office manager decided that the CEO needed something to drink. For some reason, she decided that I should be the one to give it to him, probably because I was right on an aisle. While I was listening to the speech, she snuck up beside me and handed me a bottle of water. I think she said something about giving it to him, but I couldn't hear her. Before I could ask her to repeat herself, she had gone back to her seat at the other end of the room.

For some reason, I froze up. I didn't know what I was supposed to do. Do I interrupt him? Do I wait until he pauses? Do I just go up there and give him the water? I stood there for about a minute not knowing what to do. The office manager was staring at me like I had peed on the floor.

Finally, I snapped out of it. I decided that I should open the bottle (so that he didn't have to), and just walk up there. I opened the bottle, and it let out a loud "snap" as it decompressed a bit. Of course, everyone turned to look at me - the entire Vancouver staff. I walked up to the podium with the bottle with all eyes on me, and in the only moment I have ever, and likely WILL ever, speak to the CEO, I said the following brilliant words:

After the speech, the office manager came up to me like she was going to say something, then burst out laughing and walked away. That pretty much sums up the whole experience.
                        Marvelous.

Comment

Working...
                        X