banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well episode VI: for English, press 1, pour le service en francais, appuyez 2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well episode VI: for English, press 1, pour le service en francais, appuyez 2

Originally posted by BigAlTheBird View Post
    On a scale of 1 to R, how awesome are you?
    H

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
    Do you feel that the typical metal guy takes things a bit too seriously?
    Yeah, typically they do, but I don't fault them for it. It's part of the mindset that comes with playing that type of music. Every style has an attitude that goes with it, and a big part in succeeding at that style is being able to fit into that mental framework. It's the same reason you don't see too many comedians doing period dramas and vise versa.

On a related note, have you ever been to www.paulgilbert.com?
    No, but I will now.

Originally posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Here is one question:
    What is your most embarrasing moment?
    I will have to get back to you on that ... there are so many. Seriously. I need to meditate on that one.

Here are some other questions:
    Does your hilarious wit translate as well in face to face conversation?

The thing with print is that you have time to compose your thoughts before you send them off into the universe. Speech doesn't afford you that luxury. I think it's pretty hit and miss for me in that realm. If I'm not thinking clearly, I always come across as a babbling idiot. It's either that or I'm the life of the party. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground for me. People probably think I'm doing drugs.

What is the unhealthiest thing you've ever eaten?
    If you exclude items that are not typically considered to be food (paper, sand, paper clips, pennies, boogers), then it would have to be the mini donuts they serve at the Calgary Stampede. A mini donut is a blob of nutrient-free dough deep fried in oil, then tossed in cinnamon and sugar and served with about 20 of its buddies. I've also been to White Castle in Jeffersonville Indiana, where I ate 9 burgers and a box of fries.

What item with:
    a monetary value less than $100; and
    smaller than a wallet
    do you treasure most?
    I have a gold ring with an onyx stone that was given to me by my mom on my 20th birthday. It used to belong to her father (my grandfather) who died in 1968. He died in Algeria while working as an engineer. The ring was one of the only things that made it back to Canada. On paper it's probably worth very little, but I only wear it on special occasions because I'm terrified of losing it.

Do you have any personal mantras or mottos? What are they?
    Not really.

To what extent do you enjoy computer/console gaming?
    More than most men my age probably. I grew up with computers and have owned some sort of gaming console since the NES. I have a couple of friends who are hard-core gamers (they go to the conventions and such), but I'm nowhere near their level of ... I don't even know what you'd call that. I currently have a Wiil, a PS2, and an old NES that we hook up from time to time. I generally like games that give me many hours of gameplay. Zelda Twilight Princess is the best game I've played in a very long time, and I consider it to be Nintendo's best game ever. I'm also very fond of the Wii's controls. I've not been a fan of FPS games since the Doom days.

What is your favourite fantasty creature from mythology? (Eg. dragons, fairies, gorgons, minotaurs, etc.)
    I'm a big fan of sea creatures in general, so I'm going to go with the kraken.

EDIT: I broke the formatting ... I feel like such a n00b.
    Last edited by ratherdashing; 11-13-2007, 01:09 AM.
    Band: www.colouredanimal.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
    Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Re: The Well episode VI: for English, press 1, pour le service en francais, appuyez 2

Originally posted by chopstherocker View Post
      Are you here to stay?
      The conditions of me remaining on the board have been addressed to my satisfaction. I will stay for as long as I can.

Do you know "normal" english too?
      I don't understand the question, so probably not.

When are you coming down to Southern California?
      Not soon enough. I'd like to before the decade's out, that's for sure.

When are you coming to Southwestern British Columbia?

Comment

That's all for tonight gang. I'll answer some more questions tomorrow. Thanks.

Comment

Any chances of heading out east to have a jam with the Ontario bros?
          Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
          I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
          Andrew - None

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
            There are a lot of guys on here who have a pretty good life, but I really enjoy mine. My knee-jerk reaction is to say stevie bees, due to his cool job, amazing location, great family, and kick-ass G&L Legacy. Also the hats.
            I am honoured. Just keeps your hands off the hats!!!

What is your favourite gig venue?

Where, and when did you have your greatest "in gig" moment?

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance?

The following questions refer to two aforementioned shows.
              Which show would you prefer to be on, and why?

Which show would you axe, and why?

Which show has the hottest contestant?
              Originally posted by Kanye West
              Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

H
                Thank you for not saying R. I respect you doubly now! S would have been fine, 10 would've been fine, H is perfect, but people who think they're R's are jerks.

Do you want kids?

If yes, how many kids do you want and when?

What sex would you prefer your kids be (please keep the answer to either 'male' or 'female' or maybe both - no cute answers )?

What names do you want for your kids of whatever sex(es) they happen to be?

Comment

Your typical marry/screw/kill question:

Calista Flockhart
                  Sam Elliott
                  Joe vs. the Volcano era Tom Hanks
                  -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Have they fixed to coast path in Vancouver yet?
                    "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

what was the best thing about your visit to Jeffersonville Indiana?!!?!?

what was the worst? (aside from not meeting me...that's a given! LOL)
                      Originally posted by jeremy
                      God hates bad guitar tone
                      GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                      AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                      EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                      Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Would you rather eat an animal that tastes good without killing it first (like a chicken or something)

or something really really disgusting that was already dead (like a sea cucumber)

?
                        -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

you can have any ONE physical item....

-what's the absolute first thing that came to mind as you tried to decide what you would want?
                          -after giving it a bit more thought what's the one thing you would decide on?

it can be a small thing or massive, no price limits (let's see how greedy you are at first and when given more time to think LOL) it just has to be something you could actually buy, so in this case sadly no peace on earth or people LOL.

-Mike
                          www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Pharmacy, year 3 of 4. She intends to work as a hospital pharmacist after graduating.
                            Will she be paid very well?

If so, what guitar or guitar-related item will you buy when you are first released from school-induced financial pressure?

Comment

What's the best purchase you've ever made?

What was the impulse purchase you felt the most stupid about?

Comment

What's the largest creature you've killed? How did you kill it?

(thought that one would be interesting given your overall peaceful approach to things).

Comment

Working...
                                X