banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well episode VI: for English, press 1, pour le service en francais, appuyez 2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well episode VI: for English, press 1, pour le service en francais, appuyez 2

Have you ever hugged a tree -- I mean literally hugged a tree?

- Keith
    Originally posted by ImmortalSix
    I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Re: The Well episode VI: for English, press 1, pour le service en francais, appuyez 2

When did you decide that the girl who is now your wife was the one you would marry (if she said yes)?

Comment

What did you want to be as a young kid? (occupationally speaking)
        My Soundclick

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyPage View Post
          Any chances of heading out east to have a jam with the Ontario bros?
          I'd like that very much, but it won't be anytime soon.

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
          What is your favourite gig venue?
          There was a really fun and really small (and consequently sweaty in the summer) club in Calgary called The Night Gallery. Overall, it was probably my favorite venue to both watch and play shows. It closed down a couple of years ago apparently because the owners became heavily involved in the drug trade. It's a real shame, because there was nowhere else like it on Earth.

Where, and when did you have your greatest "in gig" moment?
          Back in 2000, I broke TWO strings (high E and G) in one song playing a show at Metro (another defunct Calgary night club) in the chorus before the solo. I still nailed the solo, and played the rest of the song in a rather odd fashion. Fortunately I had the Canadacaster as backup, so I didn't have to suffer through 4 strings for much longer.

Originally posted by Rainmaker View Post
          American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance?

The following questions refer to two aforementioned shows.
          Which show would you prefer to be on, and why?

Which show would you axe, and why?

Which show has the hottest contestant?
          They're both awful, terrible shows, but Dance is far less pervasive, so I'll keep it on the air in order to kill Idol.

However, Idol (Catherine McPhee) is the answer to your other question.

Speaking of your avatar, Josie was a constestant on Dancing With The Stars, I think. My wife was watching it, and I heard her say "wow, she has a nice rack." Of course, I immediately turned around to face the TV, and lo and behold there was Josie in a tiny dress. I guess reality TV isn't entirely bad.

Originally posted by BigAlTheBird View Post
          Do you want kids?
          Undecided. There are pros and cons either way IMO.

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
          Your typical marry/screw/kill question:

Calista Flockhart
          Sam Elliott
          Joe vs. the Volcano era Tom Hanks
          Marry Sam Elliott, screw Calista Flockhart (and probably break her in two in the process), and kill Tom Hanks.

Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock View Post
          Have they fixed to coast path in Vancouver yet?
          Last time I checked (about 2 weeks ago), not quite. I don't know why it's taking so long.
          Band: www.colouredanimal.com
          Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
          Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
            what was the best thing about your visit to Jeffersonville Indiana?!!?!?
            I really liked the people there, especially the staff at the hospital. Everyone is very friendly in your part of the world.

what was the worst? (aside from not meeting me...that's a given! LOL)
            Being away from my wife and my guitars. Also, Ruby Tuesday was pretty terrible.

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
            Would you rather eat an animal that tastes good without killing it first (like a chicken or something)

or something really really disgusting that was already dead (like a sea cucumber)

?
            Well, I've never eaten a sea cucumber, so I don't know for sure if it's really disgusting. I think I'll at least taste it.

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post
            you can have any ONE physical item....

-what's the absolute first thing that came to mind as you tried to decide what you would want?
            My acoustic guitar.

-after giving it a bit more thought what's the one thing you would decide on?

it can be a small thing or massive, no price limits (let's see how greedy you are at first and when given more time to think LOL) it just has to be something you could actually buy, so in this case sadly no peace on earth or people LOL.

-Mike
            All the platinum in the world forged into a giant statue of Patrick Stewart.

Originally posted by Jonny R View Post
            Will she be paid very well?
            Yes, by most standards.

If so, what guitar or guitar-related item will you buy when you are first released from school-induced financial pressure?
            Assuming I didn't already manage to get one, a Paul Beard Gold Tone resonator - the one with the piezo and lipstick pickups wired in stereo.

What's the best purchase you've ever made?
            My 1987 MIJ Telecaster which I bought used for $400. It's now worth about twice that, and it's also an excellent guitar.

What was the impulse purchase you felt the most stupid about?
            There are too many. It's a blur. I used to be a pretty stupid shopper.

Originally posted by Gr8Scott View Post
            What's the largest creature you've killed? How did you kill it?

(thought that one would be interesting given your overall peaceful approach to things).
            While driving at night in Wisconsin, I hit a baby deer that leapt out onto the Interstate.

Originally posted by KGMESSIER View Post
            Have you ever hugged a tree -- I mean literally hugged a tree?

- Keith
            Yes. Trees accept me for who I am.

When did you decide that the girl who is now your wife was the one you would marry (if she said yes)?
            I don't remember the exact moment, but it was several years ago. I knew I wanted to marry her someday, I just wasn't sure if I was ready. When I knew I was ready, I asked her.

Comment

Originally posted by Tor View Post
              What did you want to be as a young kid? (occupationally speaking)
              I wanted to be an architect. I also wanted to be an automotive engineer. I can't say I'd be terribly interested in either job at this stage in my life.

Comment

As a person who writes with their right hand, why do you play guitar backwards?
                www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
                  I wanted to be an architect.
                  Did you ever watch The Brady Bunch growing up and, if so, did Mike Brady play a role in your desire to become an architect?
                  I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by pinto79 View Post
                    As a person who writes with their right hand, why do you play guitar backwards?
                    I really don't know. It just seemed natural to me to play it left handed. I learned on a right-handed guitar, so that's the source of my dysfunction.

Dick Dale also plays like me, which is powerfully validating. No one would dare tell Dick Dale how to play guitar. He'd probably sic his pet tigers on you.

Did you ever watch The Brady Bunch growing up and, if so, did Mike Brady play a role in your desire to become an architect?
                    I'm a 28-year-old Canadian ... take a guess.

Comment

Dick Dale also plays like me, which is powerfully validating. No one would dare tell Dick Dale how to play guitar. He'd probably sic his pet tigers on you.
                      I just found out that Dick Dale was born and raised in Boston, MA, but that's not important right now.

I'm a 28-year-old Canadian ... take a guess.[/quote]

I'm going with "No." In that case, what was your favorite TV show as a child, and what is your favorite TV show now? What is it about each show that drew/draws you in?
                      I am just jug the merlot

Comment

I'm going with "No." In that case, what was your favorite TV show as a child, and what is your favorite TV show now? What is it about each show that drew/draws you in?
                        My favorite show as a child was "Star Trek The Next Generation". It is still clearly the finest television show ever made. Every character on the show is exceptional in many ways, yet they are also flawed. The sci fi realm they are in allows for some very creative storytelling, and enabled the show to take leaps and go in directions that no other TV show could or would at the time. They got super lucky with that cast ... except for Dr Crusher. What an annoying woman!

Currently my favorite show still in production is 30 Rock. I always appreciate a smart comedy. I'm glad they came along to fill the void left by Arrested Development. Alec Baldwin and Tracy Morgan are probably the best actors on TV today, and Tina Fey knows how to get the most out of them.

Comment

I wanted to be an architect. I also wanted to be an automotive engineer. I can't say I'd be terribly interested in either job at this stage in my life.
                          Cool you didn't choose 'wrong' then.

a) You talked about leaving this community, but what made you enter the High Doors of Seymour's House in the first place?

b) Also, can you elaborate on one single event in your life that taught you something very important, which is also something we kids can learn from?
                          Last edited by Tor; 11-13-2007, 02:22 PM.
                          My Soundclick

Comment

Originally posted by Tor View Post
                            a) You talked about leaving this community, but what made you enter the High Doors of Seymour's House in the first place?
                            I don't recall the specific reason. I don't even remember what my first thread was about. I do remember thinking that it was a great forum, and that I could probably learn a lot here. I have definitely learned a lot, and hopefully contributed positively as well.

b) Also, can you elaborate on one single event in your life that taught you something very important, which is also something we kids can learn from?
                            If I could go back in time and prevent myself from making one mistake, it would be to NEVER take money for granted. I had a really good job right out of university, and unfortunately it taught me to spend money poorly, since there was always plenty of it. I didn't save, and I ran up my credit card bills. Then, inevitably, the world changed and I lost that job. The following three months of virtually zero income and huge bills to pay off killed my credit rating, and left me with a large amount of debt that I'm still dealing with. I was stupid and reckless, and it really hurt me in the long run. Nobody ever taught me sensible financial practices when I was young, and unfortunately I had to learn them the hard way.

c) Last question for this post. One of the alternatives, no broadening out... Have you stopped beating your wife yet, or are you still beating her?
                            I really hope this is just a mistranslation on your part, because the question doesn't make sense even as a joke. In fact, it's pretty offensive.

Comment

I really hope this is just a mistranslation on your part, because the question doesn't make sense even as a joke. In fact, it's pretty offensive.
                              All right, I can clarify that then. It was really meant as a plain and silly joke to break the "trend" of the rest of my post; it popped in my mind, and I thought "why not", thus I included it. It was not a mistranslation, I believe, as the first alternative implies that the person has stopped beating her, however, he did in the past. The second alternative is self-explanatory. So whatever one answers when questioned that, it's not placing oneself in a very good light, which is the "silly point" of the joke.

A pastor at the local church used this in his speech to explain something this Sunday, and I have got the impression (so do many others around here) that it is a very harmless joke of a question.

However I clearly missed the target on the international area, so I am very sorry about that!

Forget that question then, I'll delete it from my post.

By the way, thanks for a cool answer for the rest of my questions.
                              Last edited by Tor; 11-13-2007, 02:27 PM.
                              My Soundclick

Comment

Ohhh ... I get it now. I figured it had to be a misunderstanding on my part. It's a fairly good joke actually, however you could do the same thing without the spousal abuse angle. Maybe try "have you stopped pooping the bed, or are you still doing that?"

There you go, I have helped you tailor your joke to international audiences!

Comment

Working...
                                X