Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Well 8. It's party time with the Collins Brothers!

Default Re: The Well 8. It's party time with the Collins Brothers!

1) Air Raid Sirens, scary or cool?

2) RE: Ted Nugent, can his claim of his amp/guitar combination being able to blow the nuts off a charging rhino @ 60 paces be scientifically tested? Do you think it would make a good Myth Busters episode?

3) Favorite amp of all time?

4) If given carte blanche and studio access, what kind of album would you like to make?

5) Your favorite Batman villains?
    Last edited by The Owl; 11-25-2007 at 07:33 PM.
    Hoo Hooooo Hooo Hoooooooo

http://talktobears.hearnow.com

Sent from an old crank telephone in rural GA

theodie

Quote Originally Posted by Lewguitar View Post

I've always liked black people just as much as white people...maybe more.
    Just by coincidence that you were closer to friends that were black, You had more in common with them or, trying to be as PC as possible?????????

OMG!

Cool to hear about the MC5! -what stage were they at, early or late career? any backstage mayhem to recount?

-What's the worst thing that's happened to you onstage?

-What's the worst outfit you've gigged in?

-Do you cook? -and do you have a signature dish?

-if you had to replace your current collection with new guitars and amps, what would you choose? (let's leave Mission amps out, just for fun...)

-What amps out there would you like to try?

-what are the best and worst gigs you've seen?

-Have you ever had cause to don an animal suit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly View Post
    ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

BTW, some of you might like to know what I look like. This is me:

You mean you're NOT Yoda?

My question:

Tiger stripes, or leopard spots?
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou

Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Ultimate Tone Slacker Low_fidelity2100's Avatar

And not to get to heavy, but ONE thing I've learned is that there's only one life manifesting as what appears to be jillions of seemingly individual lives.
    Thats actually what I was asking. I didn't mean music related, but just in general. Like that "lifes lesson" ya didn't figure out until ya were older, that ya wish you'de known way earlier.

Thats deffinately a kool answer though. I always like to hear peoples answer to that question, its almost always something thats worth thinking about.
    www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

this is my first post in the well threads but i respect lews musings and advice so here i go....

do you look like your avatar?

EDIT: just realized you posted a pic which means my post is useless and makes me look like an idiot...sorry dude

so ill replace the question. to get an insight into who lew is...if you could be one other person for a week lets say, from this forum...based on their posts here, who would you be?
    Last edited by scottish; 11-25-2007 at 10:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty Pockets View Post
    yngwie sounds like an orchestra of cartoon bees.

What decade had the best music (going back to the 40s I suppose)? There is a correct answer, I hope that your opinion matches the correct answer.

Good to have you as a host Lew, I don't know terribly much about you, besides that I hope to someday know as much as you obviously do.

Here's some shots of snow in Nederland: <pics>
    That was beautiful! I loved seeing those pics.. It almost looks like you have a really cozy cabin in the mountain areas there..
    I have actually thought about this for a couple of years now, and if I should ever be so fortunate to have the opportunity, I would love to bring my future family over to Colorado or Montana (somewhere around the Rocky Mountains at least..), and live there for 3-4 years perhaps..

Here's another question for ya: can you name a single band or artist, that you believe should be obligatory listening for us kids?

who's your favorite new artist...someone who's come out in the last 2 years or so?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Fleecy Sweaterologist The Golden Boy's Avatar

Since you're in Nederland...

What happened to Caribou Ranch?
    *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash2987
    Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by PVFan
    I'm a good sex man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I am just jug the merlot.

Ultimate Tone Slacker Low_fidelity2100's Avatar

Being as you've lived up in the boulder area for sometime, Ever had a run in with Hunter Thompson?
    www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

PinkElephantologist

Day-um... Wheres the host??

If "The Rockies" could draft or trade for any pitcher that's playing right now, who would you want it to be?

Mount Airy, NC, USA - My johnson can cure Halitosis!

Name any woman in history and not presently alive whom you would theoretically bed if she were still alive and in her prime.

Next theoretical question...
    Lets assume that there has been a terrible ice storm that has knocked out your power and all phone service (including power to the cell towers) and there is a very large rabid dog outside your door that has bitten your ankle and is now fixated on you for some reason and will not leave. What is your plan of action?

Lewguitar

Quote Originally Posted by jerryjg View Post
    Lew., Youve always been very forthcoming with information when I posted questions. I would like to publicly thank you on this thread.
    I just got a chance to crank my Sunn S-100 60 watt Non-Master Volume amp for the 1st time last night. Though it was very loud, I dont think it was anything brutal in terms of volume, and the tone was scary good. Its a keeper forever.
    Question; Do you have any Non-Master volume amps that you enjoy cranking up on a regular basis? I mean; amps that just verge on the edge of uncontrolled feedbacK?
    Thanks!

I only have two amps with master volume controls: my Matchless Chieftan and Marshall 50 watt JCM-800.

Up until a few months ago, the amps I loved cranking up most and just wailing through were my smaller Fender tweeds: 8 watt '59 Princeton...18 watt '59 tweed Deluxe...20 watt '51 Super.

But my current favorites are the 15 - 18 watt blackface and silverface Fender Princeton Reverbs that Bruce completely rebuilt and modded for me into the most amazing amps for my style that I've ever owned. Those amps have it all: a pair will be clear and loud enough to play live with and the lead tones are textured and growly and beautifully sustainful when soloing with a Strat and Tele. I like them so much and they are so differant from a normal Princeton Reverb that I'm going to ask Bruce to build his own Mission Amps version and I'd like to see that amp be the Lew Collins Signature model.

Lew

Lewguitar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny R View Post
    Beautiful pics Lew. no wonder you've chosen to live there!

Q. What gives you most satisfaction in life?

Q. What have you done in life that you're most proud of?

Q. Whose love has been the most meaningful to you?

Q. What was the impulse purchase you most regretted?

Q. Have you thought of running for office in Boulder to get rid of the current lot?
    Q1: There's a few things that come to mind, but I'd say hiking to the top of a high 13 or 14 thousand foot mountain is pretty darn satisfying. I love it. I get out at least twice a week for a 6 - 12 mile hike, and at 58 years old I'm pretty happy to still be in good enough shape to do that.

Q2: I love writing a great song. My songwriting partner, Sherrie Scott, and I have written some real beauties, IMO, and I love performing them live. It's really satisfying to have people come up and say something like: You wrote that!?!?

Q3: I've got to say the Great Spirit. I've felt the love of the Great Spirit in a very direct and personal way and that experience removed most of my fear of death.

Q4: It wasn't really an impulse buy because I thought about it for a day or two and then went back and bought it. It was a Fender Vibro King amp which sounded fabulous both times I played through it prior to buying it and then once I got it home I didn't like it at all.

Q5: No. lol!

Lewguitar

Quote Originally Posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
    Can we get your opinions on:

Star Wars: Yay or nay (or do you just dig Yoda?)
    Joe Bonamassa: Super talented or lame poseur?
    LED vs. light bulbs?

In addition, I don't recall reading what type of picks and strings you prefer.
    Q1: Big Star Wars fan. And what Star Wars is all about is our own country (the USA) and how it's been taken over by the Military Industrial Complex that Prez Eisenhower warned us about. I dig Yoda.

Q2: Haven't heard him...although I know who he is.

Q3: My favorite amps have real pilot lights.

Lew

Lewguitar

Quote Originally Posted by JustWendell View Post
    If you could have one super power, what would it be? Who is your favorite superhero/villian?

IIRC you are a skier, so what is it that skiers have against snowboarders? What's the best mountain in colorado for skiing/snowboarding?

Wait, you found a way for the nerdyness to leave after learning to play guitar? I've been playing a few years and it's only seeming to get worse, ...especially with this forum.
    Q1: I'd like to be able to read minds, and know the past as well as the future.

Q2: Hmmm....probably Superman. He can do just about anything!

Q3: I'm not a skier. If people have anything against snowboarders it's probably just that they tend to be kids who love to go at it fast and seemingly recklessly. (Just like we did when we were kids!)

Q4: Seems like Aspen is the hottest ski pass in Colorado...if you can afford it.

Lewguitar

Quote Originally Posted by The Owl View Post
    1) Air Raid Sirens, scary or cool?

2) RE: Ted Nugent, can his claim of his amp/guitar combination being able to blow the nuts off a charging rhino @ 60 paces be scientifically tested? Do you think it would make a good Myth Busters episode?

3) Favorite amp of all time?

4) If given carte blanche and studio access, what kind of album would you like to make?

5) Your favorite Batman villains?
    Q1: Kinda scary I guess. Haven't heard one in a long time though...not way up here at 8300' above sea level where I live.

Q2: Hah! I think Ted is so full of SPAM that you can't take everything he says literally. He's a legend in his own mind.

Q3: Boy. First off, none of my amps are unmodified except my Marshall and my Matchless. Either Bruce, or I, or both of us have gone through every other amp I own and tweaked it to my playing style and right now my two favorite amps of all time for my style are my modded Deluxe Reverb amps and my modded Princeton Reverb amps...they both sound like little Marshalls.

Q4: I think of myself as being a pretty versatile songwriter and guitarist and enjoy playing acoustic guitar as much as electric. But I'd love to show off my blues and Jimi Hendrix chops.
    At the same time, I'd love to do a really spiritual album that would combine acoustic and electric guitar and one which would be hard to pigeon hole. Should it go in the Blues section? the Gospel section? the Folk Section? the Rock section? the New-Age section?

Q5: In terms of unmodded amps, I love the tone Clapton and Hendrix and Jeff Beck and Eddie Van Halen and Eric Johnson got/get when they just plugged into a cranked 50 watt or 100 watt Marshall plexi. Much to loud for me...but I loved when they did it.

Q6: The Joker...especially as played by Jack Nicholson.
    Last edited by Lewguitar; 11-27-2007 at 01:51 PM.

18 watts of Mayhemologist JumpMarine's Avatar

What in life inspires you the most?

What are your pet peeves?

What was your scariest moment?

Will you ever tour out of your immediate area?

Who, in your opinion, of the current artists are the future guitar hero's?
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals